Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Supreme Sorceress:
(Lore of Metal, Level 4, Pendant of Khealeth, Sacrificial Dagger)
She goes into the warriors, to use them as a sacrificial unit. I've been iffy on the lore, but Metal looks like it will have a lot of uses for me.

Dreadlord:
(Cold One, Armor of Eternal Servitude, Whip of Agony, Ring of Darkness)
Going in the Cold One Knights obviously. Has a lot of attacks to add to the long-term survivability of the unit in combat, and the Ring of Darkness keeps them protected from BS shooting, and allows the Dreadlord to be formidable in a challenge against other characters.

Death Hag:
(Cauldron, Battle-Standard, Scarecrow Banner)
Fairly standard build. Scarecrow banner was added to fill in points. Perhaps there are other better places to put the points?

Repeater Crossbowmen: 20-man
(Full Command, Shields)

Warriors: 25-man
(Shields, Full Command, Gleaming Pennant)

Black Ark Corsairs: 20-man
(Full Command, Sea Serpent Standard)
Thinking about replacing these, either with more Repeater Crossbowmen, or changing 10 of their loadouts to Repeater Handbows. Spent a bunch of time painting them though, so I would like to keep them.

Cold One Knights: 11-man
(Full Command, Banner of Hag Graef, Sword of Might, Ironcurse Icon, Good-luck Stone)
Large unit kitted out for longer combats obviously. Ironcurse Icon should help against the warmachines the Ring of Darkness doesn't help against. Good Luck Stone should be good if the enemy decides to allocate attacks against the champion to weaken the unit.

Shades: 5-man
(Additional Hand Weapon)

Cold One Chariot

War Hydra

War Hydra

Harpies: 5-man

So, any thoughts? I have Black-Guard, several character models, and two Bolt Throwers, but the only one I'm missing is the Black-Guard. I could take out the Dreadlord and a Cold One Knight to try and fit them in.

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
I like it. I'd think about replacing one of the hydras (as good as they are) with bolt throwers, just because I think they're going to be more useful over the course of a campaign rather than a single pickup game. But otherwise, it seems good to go.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like it. I'd think about replacing one of the hydras (as good as they are) with bolt throwers, just because I think they're going to be more useful over the course of a campaign rather than a single pickup game. But otherwise, it seems good to go.
I'm sure that in my metagame, all I have to be worried about for killing of Hydras is a single Dwarf player, but Dwarfs screw me in most regards anyways. Another thing to note is my notoriously horrendous luck with Bolt Throwers. Of the 5 or so times I've run them, I hit around a third of the time, less if I was single-shotting. :shok:

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Supreme Sorceress:
(Lore of Metal, Level 4, Pendant of Khaeleth, Sacrificial Dagger)

Dreadlord:
(Cold One, Armor of Eternal Servitude, Whip of Agony, Ring of Darkness)

Death Hag:
(Cauldron, Battle-Standard, Rushing Banner)
Changed banner. +1M ought to help keep up with the rest of the force.

Repeater Crossbowmen: 20-man
(Musician, Standard, Shields)
Removed champion, no character there, so he was just taking up points.

Warriors: 25-man
(Shields, Full Command)
Realized that these guys would most likely be near the Battle-Standard, and Gleaming Pennant was unnecessary. :wacko:

Black Ark Corsairs: 21-man
(Standard, Musician, Sea Serpent Standard)
Got rid of champion, he was just taking up points. Also added another dude with the extra points.

Cold One Knights: 11-man
(Full Command, Banner of Hag Graef, Sword of Battle, Ironcurse Icon, Good-luck Stone)
Changed the sword to +1A. About the same chance of killy, but more dice is generally more reliable. Besides, I've already got S5 from the Dreadlord.

Shades: 5-man
(Additional Hand Weapon)

Cold One Chariot

War Hydra

War Hydra

Harpies: 5-man

Few changes here, nothing much, but optimizing this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts