Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my question is this heretics, if I have a dreadlord or master equipped with Caledors bane, which says no scaly skin saves may be made against wounds caused, if I wound a lizardman with some fancy magic armour, or an enchanted shield, adds +2 to his armour save or what have you, is it ALL negated? Seeing as how they improve his "armour" save, but since scaly skin is FORM of armour..I had this come up. Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But, consider this, if I have a unit in heavy armour, then add a some magical whatnots, and my save is now a 3+ I added those points to my existing save, so wouldnt it stand to reason that the lizardmen are improving their scaly skin save? Otherwise wouldnt they have a scaly skin save, AND an armour save?

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
But, consider this, if I have a unit in heavy armour, then add a some magical whatnots, and my save is now a 3+ I added those points to my existing save, so wouldnt it stand to reason that the lizardmen are improving their scaly skin save? Otherwise wouldnt they have a scaly skin save, AND an armour save?
Scaly skin just adds to your armour save. So if you have 5+ scaly, and a 4+ armour, it goes to a 2+ armour save. If you're not allowed a scaly skin save, you'd be looking at what your normal save without scaly skin is. In this case, your normal 4+ save, without scaly. Caledors bane is still useful as such, though not as useful as against dragons or stegadons, where you can ignore all of their save.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts