Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine has 2k worth of DE. They were given to him already painted. I am finishing my Orks soon and want a second Army. Should I wait for the new Dex and see the new models or fork over the cash now and see what happens? Not sure what models are changing. Oh he wants 100 but honestly he would probably give them to me lol. Thanks

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
Is that 100US or 100GBP. For 2000Pts of DE that is pretty bloody good. Especially if they are decently painted. Yes there is an update comming soon and there will be changes. The thing is you can be sure that the greater percentage of the models will be usable with the new dex. For that price i would grab them.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
I heard chater that there will be something like 6 new plastic kits and several new metals. If I had to guess I would say a new dex before Christmas.

Warning: this info has not been verified. It is to be taken at face value, nothing more.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'd take it, Some models are horrible, but they're a fun army and extremely destructive if played in expert hands. I'd wait till the new codex comes out to repaint, convert and retool the army. If you get them let us see what you got, and if you do anything new to them.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd take it, Some models are horrible, but they're a fun army and extremely destructive if played in expert hands. I'd wait till the new codex comes out to repaint, convert and retool the army. If you get them let us see what you got, and if you do anything new to them.
Will do. They are painted fairly well, the guy who owned them previous to my friend used testers paint with a high gloss laquer. I know simple green will strip them down but I am worried I may loose a few models. Its a 100 US. I figured they could be put in storage until Dec. for the new dex and allow me to finish my Orks. God Orks need a warning label stating "you will not be competitive until you finish 180 Boyz, get painting bitch" :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Most rumours say that the new dex is out in november, and that the entire range is being remodeled.... personally I'd have said wait.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Will do. They are painted fairly well, the guy who owned them previous to my friend used testers paint with a high gloss laquer. I know simple green will strip them down but I am worried I may loose a few models. Its a 100 US. I figured they could be put in storage until Dec. for the new dex and allow me to finish my Orks. God Orks need a warning label stating "you will not be competitive until you finish 180 Boyz, get painting bitch" :biggrin:
Dip, my friend, embrace the dip!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts