Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just been looking over the various armies for some of my friends that are interested but don't know what to start... I know one person that would very much like the feel of the Dark Eldar, but are they still any good statistically? Wyches and Haemonculi with Scissorhands and Stingers sound pretty cool, but that's about all I can find that really impressed me so far. Is there anything I'm missing, or are they just severely in need of an update?

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
I just happen to be starting a DE army. Unfortunatly, they are more one trick pony than CSM. You need a tooled up DE Lord, Raider Squads, Wyches in Raiders, and 3 Ravagers to work. Period. Hellions are useless. Haemonucula are not worth it. Wych Lords make it hard to hold Objectives. Scourges are useless. Grotesques ar too in CC. Mandrakes too expensive. and my favorite Talos seem not to work anymore when Ravagers are ALL THE RAGE. Jetbikes can be good, if they had a 3+ save, didnt cost so much, and run away at LD 8.

So its pretty fukin grim till the new dex comes out, and make WWP worth it and work in 5th.

·
Registered
277 Posts
yea DE units are not that great compared to other codexes.
Basically you will have a list that is pretty similar to alot of other DE lists (comp ones at least)
but once you have a list like that they are very effective they may be behind a few editions but god can they pack a punch.
I would wait until the new book comes out for them and more models before you buy any or just buy eldar stuff and convert thats what i did tho you will have some happy looking DE lol so best just to wait:)

oh and units like the talos and JB still work people still use them and they can work quite well
you will usually see alot of talos being used in a wych army all depends what you use ofc.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Hellions are useless. Haemonucula are not worth it. Wych Lords make it hard to hold Objectives. Scourges are useless. Grotesques ar too in CC. .
This I agree with completely.

It really depends on if your friend wants them to fun or competitive to play. Competitive DE are really limited in what to take as Warlock mentioned. Now if they are more interested in fun play then things open up.
You can go with the all mounted army raiders with jet bike support.
My favorite all foot troop army with 3 Talos and a squad of Mandrakes. Dark lances in each squad with a blaster or shreader thrown in here and there along with poinson blades. Really makes for a tough army to beat at around 1500 points
The web portal rush this was one I never figured out and it never worked right for me.

The dark eldar are an army that not many people face and if your friend can master their useage then they can be a nice army to play but they do have a learning curve that may be hard to grasp.

·
Febris Militarius
919 Posts
One of my primary opponent plays DE, two warriros with dark lances x2 is a sweet gun line. (basically three dead marines aturn on average)
the DE lord and Incubi body guard in a raider
Wyches in a raider and then two ravegers.
He switched jet bikes and a talos or two and if I can rape the ravengers and raiders its an easy game but if he gets close its a nasty fight. Usually marines loose.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts