Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks, decided to start my DE army and am feeling around for a suitable paint scheme. Maybe you could help me out with it. My painting skills are less then spectacular so I could use the help.

I'm waiting on a Battle Force in the mail but thought I would get going with an old box of Warriors I got for a great price. I know I'm going to want Dark Lances and since this is going to be a non-competitive force I turned the Splinter Cannons into Dark Lances.

I put them together and have:

This is the paint scheme I was thinking about. However I don't know if there is enough definition between the blues. I sort of feel like the model runs together.

What do you think? Is this suitably DE? Do I need more red/black? I'm looking for something very distinct while still appropriate.

And finally, because I cannot resist, The Smoker:

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

·
Bleh
3,785 Posts
Very rare you see a DE project log.
I think some definition between the two blues would be good, and maybe a darker blue where that lighter blue is.

+Rep :victory:

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Almost a full year after picking them up, I'm going to be re-starting my DE project log. I think I have a better idea of where I'd like them to go.

Lets start with some more warriors.

Just put these guys together and hope to do some painting this weekend.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, its been a billion years since I updated this. Just finished putting Lelith Hesperax together and have increased the size of my army significantly. I'm going to try and get some pictures of it together. For now, here is the scary lady.

This is Lelith before I added the second Gaunt:

And after:

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Looks good, but If you can do it without destroying the model, try to put it on a larger base, there seems to be too much going on for the standard base plus It seems like it might fall over on an uneven piece of terrain.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was thinking about that. Its surprisingly stable due to how low and spread out the model is. However, you're right...a bigger base might be good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts