Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1000pts Tournament I recently attended. I was playing a friendly Dark Eldar list since it was a club tournament.

My list consisted of an Archon (standard loadout), 2 Haemonculi (destructors, and scissorhands), Wyches on a raider with succubus, 2 warrior raider units with Sybarite and agonizers. 3 bikes with a succubus and power weapon, and 1 Ravager.

Opponent had 1 Demon Prince, 2 8 man squads of Plaguemarines in Rhino's with asp champions, and a Chaos Dreadnaught.

Mission was suicide squad...
I got first turn with my Dark Eldar.
Deployment was roughly 2 raider squads on the left, bikes, Archon + wyches, on the right, and Ravager towards the center.

Turn 1 - The 2 Raider squads flanked hard on his left flank behind terrain. The Wyches flew up the right flank and stopped behind terrain. The Ravager flew up over terrain, and opened fire on a Chaos Rhino, and destroyed it trapping the Plague Marines in the wreckage.
The Bikes went turbo towards the center and stopped right in front of his second Rhino.

Nurgles Turn 1 - His Demon prince moved quickly towards his right flank to try to intercept the 2 Raider squads. The Dreadnaught fired on it's only available target the Reaver jetbikes and failed to kill any of them. His Rhino moved forward around the bikes towards the center of the table and popped smoke.

Turn 2 - Dark Eldar strike hard into the heart of the enemy. Clearly not a good match-up for him. The Wyches + Archon raider moved into strike position on the entrapped Plaguemarine squad.
The Ravager moved enough to ensure glancing hits, and to deny LOS to everything except it's target.
The two raider squads on the left flank divided and moved into striking position on both his Demon Prince, and his second Rhino/plaguemarine squad.
The bikes pulled back away from the Dreadnaught.
Ravager opened fire into the plaguemarines with devastating results killing 3, but 2 got back up.
The Wych raider fired it's disentegrator into them but failed to hit.
The bikes fired their blasters into the Dreadnaught blowing it to pieces.
The raiders, and their squads all opened fire on his Demon Prince removing 2 of his 4 wounds with their Dark Lances, Splinter Cannons, and Blasters.
The Wyches + Archon then assaulted the Plaguemarines between the Archon, and the Succubus all but 3 of the Plaguemarines were cut down permanently.
The retaliatory attacks failed to kill a single Wych.
One Raider squad assaulted his Demon Prince, and between the Sybarite, and Haemonculi only managed a single wound. The retaliatory attacks killed 3 DE warriors.

Nurgle's Turn 2 - His remaining plaguemarines deployed from their Rhino. They opened fire onto the nearest Dark Eldar warrior squad caught in the open they were broked, and forced into retreat.
The Rhino fired it's havoc launcher at the raider but failed to glance. The Demon Prince locked in CC luckily for him passed 3 inv saves, and killed 4 DE warriors. They failed their morale check and managed to get away from the Demon Prince.
The Plaguemarine locked in CC with the Archon and wyches were cut down before they could strike.

Turn 3 Dark Eldar's revenge! - Raiders kept on the move, encircling the plaguemarines in the center of the table. The Bike moved into striking position, as did the Ravager.
The Archon seperated from the Wyches to move towards the remaining plaguemarine, and the wyches moved to get into his deployment zone.
The flee'ing DE units made the Demon Prince pay with his life as they fired on the run cutting him down with blaster fire.
The Ravager, and 2 raiders fired into the plaguemarines and killed 3 permanently.
The Bikes fired killing a 4th plaguemarine, and then assaulted them. Unfortunately the plaguemarines made short work of them.

Turn 3 Nurgle - Not much for him to do but fire at the Raiders encircling him in hopes of taking one down. But all remained.

Turn 4 Dark Eldar hammers the final nail in the coffin! - The falling back raider squad fell back directly in front of the remaining plaguemarines. The Archon moved, and fleeted a whole 1" further towards them.
The raiders fired as did the ravager into the Rhino but magically it survived.
The falling back warriors + haemonculi unloaded a blaster, splinter cannon, and Destructor right in the plaguemarines faces, but only downed 1 permanently.
The Archon dosed his drugs, and 12" assaulted into the remaining 3 plaguemarines, and killed them outright.

Time was called and the game ended.
Results - Massacre for Dark Eldar!

I thought this was a bad matchup for him but it was a good clean fun fight. I'm glad I took a friendly list as Dark Eldar can be extremely beardy at low point levels.
For example I could have taken 12 dark lances, 12 blasters, an archon on a bike, and 2 ravagers at this point level, and simply sat back and blown him to pieces in 3 turns.

Unfortunately I only placed 4th in the tournament as in game 2 I played against Dark eldar and he brought a tourney style list. I was massacred, and he went on to take 1st place.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Well done on your victory, its nice to see those Ugly nurgle people beaten. Hope your dark eldar tortured them after the battle...

·
Registered
136 Posts
Nice job - unfortunately I dont hear too many DE success stories, I wouldve chosen them if Chaos didnt look so cool

Could someone argue me if i'm wrong, but your opponents list looked.. well I mean.. lol, i'm trying to stay PC, imho that looks like one of the worst 1000pt chaos lists i've ever seen.

a daemon prince and rhinos in 1000pts?
and dreadnoughts are one of the worst chaos dudes in the game

after looking at that list i wouldve politely told him he wouldnt make it past round one of any tourny.. and it looks like he didnt =X

·
Registered
227 Posts
Good Job Sinizter, way to raise our race :D

DE success stories? It's true that you hear alot of people dropping out from DE but once you get them right you'll be counted among the elite who strike fear every where you go. Thats where the real success stories are.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The Dark eldar are one of the hardest armies to play right, but if done, the are almost unbeatable :victory:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah it wasn't a great Nurgle army setup however as I said that was a very friendly Dark Eldar list.

My Dark Eldar suffered their first defeat ever at this tournament. It was against another Dark Eldar player who brought a tourney style list.
He went on to take 1st place, and I wound up in 4th.

So standings were...

Dark Eldar
Sisters of Battle
Nurgle (another nurgle player)
Dark Eldar

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Most of the club members are experienced, older gamers so they tend to have 4 or 5 armies to play with.

So it all just depends on who brings what. The typical non-club tourney is usually a lot of Marines of various colors, a couple of bug armies, a maybe a handful of Tau, Eldar, and Dark Eldar.

Around here though it seems the Xenos armies place higher in the tourneys. Last big store tourney I went too the standings were...

Tau
Tyranids - My tyranids
Eldar
Nurgle

1 - 8 of 8 Posts