Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
It will probably be like every other army out there; you will get maybe 1/4-1/3 of the range redone now and the rest later.

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
gen.aheb said everything that is worth saying...

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I thought that there was a rumour that they were dropping the Talos? (Although I love the model itself)

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
The Talos is listed as a heavy support choice on the site so I doubt it's been dropped.

I want to know if they're remaking Scourges, personally...

By the way, there's only 3 units that haven't been updated yet, Scourges, Warp Beasts and Grotesques...everything else has an update either available already or on the way.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I'd presume that they'll have models for all the stuff that was taken down, eventually, bar a few no-model units that always are in these new dexes. As for a full revamp, they still have older models up, so I doubt they'll revamp the entire range, but with this many taken down, they might as well have, and that's all the better!

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
I assume they are leaving those ghost models there for second waves or forgeworld releases. Take TWC for instance, they could be waiting for an IA book or some other FW release.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Jes Goodwin did originally say that every model for the DE range was getting redone, but obviously they wont all be out at once, so things like the Talos, Scourges, etc, you might be better off converting rather than waiting for

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
a total revamp is the only way GW can get back any respect for this army, the original model range was poor, there are maybe 3 or 4 metal models i would keep out of the whole range, This is a completely unprecedented move by GW to redesign everything including the core plastic units in one go, massive task as this is in effect a completely new army but at the same time not new. Dont forget that at some point we will see the units that dont already have a model, like the bomber skimmer void raven thingy.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
the whole range seems to be getting redone: though I do believe, possibly, that Talos and Homonculi might be 2 units that will be in the last wave, or not updated atall, since they are back on the site ready and waiting for ordering.

·
Registered
454 Posts
a total revamp is the only way GW can get back any respect for this army, the original model range was poor, there are maybe 3 or 4 metal models i would keep out of the whole range, This is a completely unprecedented move by GW to redesign everything including the core plastic units in one go, massive task as this is in effect a completely new army but at the same time not new. Dont forget that at some point we will see the units that dont already have a model, like the bomber skimmer void raven thingy.
A move that I hope GW repeats with Grey Knights. I must say GW has managed to do something no one thought possible, by delivering a new range of well done, and why not say, beautiful new minis. Let's hope they keep the momentum.

·
Registered
518 Posts
What about actually releasing The Decapitator? GW never released him from back in the day. Anyone here about more special characters?

·
Registered
241 Posts
I'v seen the codex today and all the range is being re-done by the looks of it just not all at the same time (they will be released in waves). Theres a few new special characters as well as the older ones (Urian, Decapitator, Vect, Drazzar). All in all I was very impressed with both the models and the rules

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
I'v seen the codex today and all the range is being re-done by the looks of it just not all at the same time (they will be released in waves). Theres a few new special characters as well as the older ones (Urian, Decapitator, Vect, Drazzar). All in all I was very impressed with both the models and the rules
I so hope your right on this. though i like the old talos. I wana field homunculi eventully, and those models are horrid

·
Registered
277 Posts
@khainiteassassin

you are a wolves player......they just got a new rape book and you are already going to DE:s......you either have too much money or have a very short attention span:/ just pick an army already

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
@khainiteassassin

you are a wolves player......they just got a new rape book and you are already going to DE:s......you either have too much money or have a very short attention span:/ just pick an army already
1. I have plenty of money to field multiple armies.
2. I have ADD so I do have a short attention span
3. I have ALWAYS been interested in dark eldar, and dark elves. Please note that my name is KHAINITEASSASSIN. Do you know the meaning of it? Assassin of Khaine, which is less relevant for Dark Eldar. The point is, I do have my SW, I will not stop playing my SW because im going to collect DE aswell, but I like having 2 armies, it makes gaming FAR more interesting.

Ill give you a peak into my mind. Playing a game that always has a static feel to it gets dull. This directly shows in all my works for 40k, JUST playing space wolves, I will always turn to the list that works for me, which is my tournament list, most times. This being said, it gets boring playing the same thing over and over, but most times, I have refined my gaming to such a skill that I naturally move back to the List that Im best at. If I play dark eldar, I will develop a different style of play with them for myself, different enough then my space wolves that allows me to continue to enjoy myself. Does this mean I wont play my space wolves again? hardly, my space wolves are, essentially, complete Model wise, up to 2500 points. I will bring my Dark Eldar up to about the same number before I return to buying for my space wolves. the DArk eldar, for me, are going to be more an art project over a gaming project. Hence why the MODELS of them are far more on my mind then the RULES.

Please stop assuming that everyone should only have one army aswell. since, as I said earlier, I do have more then enough money to own multiple armies.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
I wont ever do DH, they are not my style. Dark Eldar feed my glass cannon addiction, space wolves feed my unstoppable juggernaught of an army addiction. I dont have many addictions, and having 2 armies helps stave off boredom of a single army. even YOU have 2 armies.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts