Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys I know the first wave of DE will only come out on novewmber 6th (distance between waves usually about 2-4 weeks) and the first wave will include the codex. However my local games workshop is soon going to get a preview copy of the DE codex.

please post your request here to what you would like me to check (I have a short memory so only the very best will be picked) and if you would like vote on something that has already been mentioned.

Going this Sunday so I'll probably check for the last time Sunday morning.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
becarful what(if anythign) you post. Remeber that you can't post points costs and i think a few other things so if you do post anyhting make sure it's vaige

·
4,491 Posts
Although posting stats and point costs is against the forum rules, i would be interested in knowing exactly what units are in the codex, and what their general style of play will be.

·
Registered
173 Posts
posting stats should not be against the forums, i mean, they post the basic stats on the GW website for everything. now the point cost i understand and agree.

I would be interested in any new special rules that you come across and i think you are awesome for giving us a heads up. thanks!

·
4,491 Posts
posting stats should not be against the forums, i mean, they post the basic stats on the GW website for everything. now the point cost i understand and agree.
While GW do indeed post the BASIC stats of a majority of their models, its still better off to ban the posting of them on the forums purely because it creates confusion of what is allowed and what is disallowed.
Its a lot easier to simply ban the posting of all stats/points/etc, and also saves Heresy Online from getting into any legal issues with GW.
We all know how nasty GW can be when it comes to copyright infringement.

·
Registered
173 Posts
While GW do indeed post the BASIC stats of a majority of their models, its still better off to ban the posting of them on the forums purely because it creates confusion of what is allowed and what is disallowed.
Its a lot easier to simply ban the posting of all stats/points/etc, and also saves Heresy Online from getting into any legal issues with GW.
We all know how nasty GW can be when it comes to copyright infringement.
aggreed but we can always link to their site right?

·
Registered
496 Posts
To be honist i think you should take a whole note book :D

Things i would like to know.. are...

What are the names and FoC slot for all the unit types in the new codex :3

also if you could make a note of what kinda unit it is (jump infantry and so on :D)

and if you have the actual DE codex tell us if its cheaper or more expancive for things XD

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
aggreed but we can always link to their site right?
Of course you can. However, remember that their site is still copywrited material, and, even though it is availiable "free" online, doesn't mean it can be posted by anyone. GW has no qualms shutting fan sites or issuing notice to them, so it's best to play it safe.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
ok guys thanks responding to your comments

I will not take a notebook because I might get caught leeching and a notebook makes it look apparent.

and I will definatly look into the forum rules to see what I can post and what I can't srry I didn't know some stats against the rules ( I sent one of the moderators a PM with a request for rules against posting certain stats)

keep on the good posts!

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
I'd be keen to know what the basic squads can be given weapon wise. As vague as you like but just how many special/heavy and what type of weapon eg melta/lance.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
define basic squad.

also, you can find that information in the compilation thread by madcowcrazy in the news and rumors section.

·
Jeepers
1,354 Posts
Please try and get the Unit types and FoC since thats really all im interested in until i get my codex early november.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok guys new official thing I'm looking at, unit types and FoC.

continue with great ideas!

days till I go to see codex:2

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
I just want to know that one of the new heavy support fliers has bombs that cause a wounds test. I wish in particular to know whether it inflicts instant death or just kills models in one hit (like JotWW)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
voting is overrrrrrrrrr.... NOW!

well I will look at things in the following order

1.New units (I voted for this and mine counts as 1 million of ures so its first on the list)
2.FOC (top fan rated)
3.options/stats (only going to look at the most basic units not memorize the whole book
4. DE special rules (also voted by me)

going to make a new thread later today to show my findings

thank you to everyone that helped me decide.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I'v skimmed over the codex a few times. The main rule I remember is Pleasure through Pain. Most units in the codex have this and basically you get a pain token everytime you destroy a unit for 1 token you gain feel no pain, 2 you get furious charge and 3 or more and you gain fearless, these abilities also stack. Some units also start the game with 1 or more tokens.
There are a lot of new units. Most dont have models yet but they look awesome in the pics and include units like wracks that are kind of bigger and badder grotesques. Theres also a few new skimmers. One thats kind of like a razorback in function (i.e. a raider with more weaponry but less transport capacity) and the nightwing is in there too.
The Archon can also take special units as a bodyguard kind of like Daemonhunter Inquisitors. I can't remember all the rules for thses as I only skimmed through but all the vehicles can have a 5+ invulnerable with an upgrade called the flickerfield :)
Hope that helps a bit

Edit - I'v also been making the new raider for my local GW and it is a beautiful model. Fairly easy to put together, even though I don't have any instrunctions I still managed it without much fuss. A pleasure to build

1 - 18 of 18 Posts