Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just got my hands on a preview copy of the dark eldar codex! really great abilitys and multiple attacks and BS4 with epic weps is always awesome.

definatly still kept the theme of piratical. The strength from pain rule is especially great because your units get stronger as the game goes on, then you just attach a character from a sucessful squad to and unsucessful squad so they both have lots of pain points in this way you can kill 1 squad and get 2 pain points that benifit 2 squads instead of 1 point for one squad.

The many new units are a welcome sight as the old codex seemed not to have enough choice for me. the armor still sucks on everything alike but with the other insane stats you get and the speed as long as you use lots of reserves that pack a boatload of firepower on the first turn they come in you'll be shredding them through the whole game :victory:.

The new fighter and bomber guys are really cool (although almost all their weps are one shot only) they still cost less than most other veichles and if you can keep them alive for only 2 turns they'll destroy twice their points worth (cannot specify exact points amount.)

the heroes are definatly awesome as well (who doesn't like BS and WS 8?!) and really pack a punch, in fact they are probably more use to start by themselves and kil a bunch of guys and then just attach themselves to another squad so you get a pain point loaded squad.

Despite all this they have some good news and bad news when it comes to troops. The bad news is they only have 2 troops choices. The good news is that they are $%^&ing amazing:laugh:. They cost like cheap troops and can easily bust a space marine stern guard's @$$ into never ever land. these 2 units are the now epic warriors and the now epic wyches. Although their armor does suck (like almost everything else in the army.) put them in a raider and they will be amazing. having a squad of 25 is nice too all armed with 2 shots each and BS 4 before charging into close combat and wrecking your face is quite nice for a guy who costs so few points:biggrin:. the wyches have also been updated with 2 attack each as always but now their poisened and double hand weps:so_happy:

The elites also feature better versions of the troops as bloodmistresses and kalbite blood guard or something like that. You'll find almost every infantry is in the elites. the heavys now roster the upgraded talos and variant as well as the upgraded ravager and the new bomber and fighter. while all this happens the raider transport (as well as the brand new venom transport) stand alongside with the reaver jetbikes, hellions and mandrakes in fast attack (wait a minute, mandrakes in fast attack?:shok:.) Well it was suprising to me personally.

as you can see I am very happy with how the new dark eldar with all the new units and almost every single thing has been upgraded or replaced by something better, this is definatly not one of those codexes where some stuff gets upgraded while other stuff gets downgraded. This codex is all 1 sided baby, if you don't count the fact there are no more prisoners to capture and no more always being the attacker (awwww()

well this has definalty been a good update for the dark eldar, please post comments and questions (or answer someones question) below. torture begins anew, november 6th.

Please do NOT post points costs on the forums. :angry:

-DK

srry about posting points they are removed now, find out for yourself somewhere else -_-

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
basically, they have become even further into what they should be. they are a glass cannon. Unbelieveable killing power but very easily destroyed. the small points allows you to field more units then, say, space marines, who have good killing power and good survivability.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes the way they are made now is more appropriate for them and your right everything I reaad is so far glass cannon, average army save, 5+, average front armor, 10/11

however when it comes to their other stats this army is very elite in almost every stat, WS 10, BS 8, S8, :biggrin: especially now that almost every unit has been upgraded for close combat and the guns have more shots with closer range seems more appropriate for the army. For all you dark lance guys yes you can still spam them:p. However you won't have time to with all the new stuff like blasters which is a dark lance for infantry :laugh:. not to mention all the new bombs and missles from your new areial dou.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
well I cant wait till next week when mandrakes go on sale and I go to my local GW to preorder them and hopfully get a look at the dex myself

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you get them next week?!

lucky $%^&$%

jk

good 4 you for getting them. I'm still deciding between new dark eldar or imperial guard

currently leaning toward dark eldar because I am a highly advanced player.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
pre-order dude, I dont get them earlier then anyone else. the BOOK and the models will be coming to my store (the preview shit is what I meant)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ok I thought you meant you actually get ure own stuff next week.

so wut do you think new DE or IG?

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
I dont know the first thing about IG other then they die real easy to my space puppies on a 6 by 4 table.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
but thats the exact same with DE wisn't it?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts