1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From Faeit:
via an anonymous source on Faeit 212
The following new Haemonculi will be unleashed upon us all:

1) "Bane" type unit. Bigger than a Grotesque but smaller than a Talos.
May be a new character.
2) New Plastic Wracks (5 per box, dual kit). Includes all weapon upgrades.
3) New Plastic Grotesques (3 per box). Includes all weapon upgrades.
4) Plastic Clampack Haemonculus

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
might this be an hint to a new codex or dataslate?

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts

My response to plastic Wracks. x2 for plastic Grotesques and x5 for plastic Haemonculi.

LotN

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts

·
Great Unclean One
2,611 Posts
The wracks really need this, the transfer to fine cast didnt work for them, but by the same token it didnt work too well for the incubi either, both are too thin and detailed for finecasts limitations, plastic should have been first choice for all dark eldar units.
Wracks and Incubi were always a total nightmare to make moulds for in Finecast, the sculpts just didn't suit the medium at all. About fucking time they were plastic.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
About fucking time they were plastic.
My thoughts on Finecast, period.

Fun news for DE players, I feel like that army isn't supported very much despite being in a starter set a number of years ago (when they were introduced?).

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Wracks and Incubi were always a total nightmare to make moulds for in Finecast, the sculpts just didn't suit the medium at all. About fucking time they were plastic.
Must say I was surprised they weren't plastic to begin with, DE were released just before FC so they had Incubi (at least, not sure about Wracks) in metal, then in FC. Surely wouldn't it have been easy to just make them either FC from the start (or at least design them with that in mind) or make them straight to plastic? But hey that's just my thinking anyway. Personally I would only ever buy those Incubi in metal. Kick ass minis those.

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
Finecast works great for some minis, its excellent for marines for example, guard would work too, orks again would be great, but necrons, tau, eldar and dark eldar are far too thin and fine for the medium.

Plastic is the medium of choice for almost everyone who models and games these days and I suspect is one of the major reasons for GWs continued success, personally I think gw need to work a way to get every infantry unit into plastic as fast as possible, if that means including character minis with other kits or single pose clam packs im all for it, if I cant get metal minis then plastics is the preferred choice.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Finecast works great for some minis, its excellent for marines for example...
I'd argue that. I found it very disappointing when I got some fine cast plague marines, and because I was curious some Chinese recast plague marines and the recasts had greater detail, and less bubbles. There is something wrong with that.

by "works great" I can only assume you mean the space marine legs are too fat to easily warp like the poor warlocks limp spears/swords that always come bent.

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
You are correct there is something very wrong about buying Chinese recasts.
He's also correct that they shouldn't be better quality than the original, considering the price difference. Not that I'm defending Chinese ripoffs, the industry I work in is rife with the same problems and it's annoying as fuck from a business and retail (explaining it to customers) perspective.

By any chance has anyone seen any pictures of the new DE stuff from this rumour or are we still in 'quote from another source' phase here?

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
By any chance has anyone seen any pictures of the new DE stuff from this rumour or are we still in 'quote from another source' phase here?
No, there are no images in this week's WD from what I've heard. If they're getting models it'll be after the new 40k rulebook or next month I'd wager.

Let's move the topic away from the discussion of Recasts please before GW sends the Lawyers. Thank-you.

I'm not saying you can't spend your money how you want, but this board cannot support recasters as we'd like to stay running. Thank you for your understanding.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts