Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is something i have been thinking for a while now. With alot of people argueing, myself included, on the Incubi Models look. I want to see what everyone truly thinks of these models. The following are my thoughts on a few points that I have heard alot of discussion on:

The first thing I would like to adress, is the horns, since they are the main cause for alot of the issues. the question on if they look similar to the horns on chaos models is undeniable, but at the same time, can you make horns that dont look like chaos horns when chaos has done every horn in existance atleast once? At the same time, what are incubi helmets supposed to represent? have they not, since the begining, attempted to have a helmet that strikes FEAR into the enemy? as such, would horns looking similar to a daemons horns not be appropriate?

I have had others say the face on the helmet looks demonic, this will be the second thing I will address. As with what I said earlier about striking Fear into the enemy aside. if you look at the helmet closely, you can easily see that they are no different from the warrior helmets (minus the horns) with a few extra slits in them, if the extra slits are not completely painted on by the eavy metal team. I do not see how the face, outside of being painted white, is any different from the Warrior heads.

the third object on the model that I have heard issues with, is the sword. some like it, some hate it, some say its a ushitabi (sp?) rip off. Sure, the sword functions similar to the Ushitabi weapon, but does that mean its a complete rip off? since weapons with holdable positions higher on the blades have existed for centuries in our own time? let alone in the many many years ahead that is the 40k universe? The sword, in my opinion, would function decently, having a hook on the end for piercing, rather then the tip. and the ability to put more force into a swing by holding higher on the blade to push off with the required force.

These of coarse are just my thoughts. But I hope that people see what I have said and will stop insisting that the Incubi look too slaneshi to be a Dark eldar model.

·
4,491 Posts

Personally i hate them.
The way they are holding the sword is awkward.
Not to mention the fact that they look waaaaaay too Slaanesh-like.

Get rid of the horns, the spikes coming out of their backs, and the stupid looking swords, and they might be a nice model.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Personally i hate them.
The way they are holding the sword is awkward.

Get rid of the horns, the spikes coming out of their backs, and the stupid looking swords, and they might be a nice model.
still, people say they look slanesh but they DONT. what looks slaanesh, what looks chaos. The Designs of the armor are far more akin to DARK ELVES then to chaos. the "spikes" out of their backs are more Eldar in design, so you cant say that makes them look slaanesh.

I want someone, ANYONE to give a valid arguement on WHY they look slaanesh, people are saying it just because they see everyone else saying it, they are not looking at the models themselves, they are mearly regurgitating one persons view point over and over.

To Sum up what I have heard so far:

spikes on the armor make the model look Chaosy: these spikes are probably far more of a nod to the OLD models with had spikes 3-4 times the size in similar spots all down the sides of the models, now they have smaller spikes and BLADES down in key places. for the Trophy racks on the back, they are more akin to Eldar WRAITHBONE then ANYTHING in the chaos lines. so I have no clue how ANYONE can say they look chaosy.

the horns on the helmet make the model look chaosy: ALL horns to people will look chaosy since chaos has the most horns out of ALL the races in both WHFB and 40k. but the thing is, HORNS are not CHAOS.

All in all, people are just spueing shit out of their mouths they have heard from others about the models looking chaos-like.

Edit: to further point stuff out, the ARMOR itsself looks similar to the current DE Warrior armor, and it looks shockingly similar to another line from WHFB *cough*DARKELF*cough* the legs are probably a near perfect rip off of cold one knight legs, by design.

·
4,491 Posts
I just did a quick edit in Paint.

One on the left is the actual model, one on the right is how id convert them if i collected DE.
Obviously its a rough guide, but personally i think it looks a lot better.
Would still need to use something like a splinter rifle arm so that he is holding the sword properly, and not like a retard.

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
I just did a quick edit in Paint.

One on the left is the actual model, one on the right is how id convert them if i collected DE.
Obviously its a rough guide, but personally i think it looks a lot better.
Would still need to use something like a splinter rifle arm so that he is holding the sword properly, and not like a retard.
And then there were Warlocks.

·
Banned
2,023 Posts
KA you keep asking for a decent argument about why people think they look like such and such and when people have done so to as decent an arguement one can you still don't take it, they could say the same about your arguement in saying horns don't make them chaos like.

The point I'm getting at here is you cannot deny the fact that 99.9% of models released to this date that use horns have been one form of a chaos model or another, and such people will automatically think chaos.

You just need to see that most people will go chaos when they see horns, and trying to change thier mind over the interent on a forum when they don't have to see you, talk to you and can ignore you, you get nowhere. Internet debating to this day really stills gets most people nowhere or further from what they believe so they deny ever arguing.

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
there better than the last ones.........thats it really, all this moaning about getting models that look better than the previous models is getting old, if they looked like barney the dinosaur but still looked better than the crap the DE previously had I still couldn't give a shit.

who cares if they look slaneesh, who cares if they have horns, if to your small minds chaos = horns then the problem lies with you, not with the models, personally to me they look further from chaos than the previous dark eldar models ever did.

·
Registered
213 Posts
There's one thing people seem to be forgetting: Slaanesh IS the Eldar. The physical embodiment of everything the Eldar race is capable of with out restraint and control. The Dark Eldar are effectively disciples of Slaanesh with out actually worshiping Slaneesh. They are Eldar who exist with out restraint or control. I don't mind care for the Incubi models myself, but then again I don't much care for the Dark Eldar Models as a whole or any of the Slaanesh models. But I have to admit, there are common design elements that tie two line together.

I mean look at this:

And now look at this:

Now, can you really tell me that those models don't look similar?

So in closing, do I like the DE Incubi models? Not particularly. However, I do think think they are light years ahead of what was there 6 months ago.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
who cares if they look slaneesh, who cares if they have horns, if to your small minds chaos = horns then the problem lies with you, not with the models, personally to me they look further from chaos than the previous dark eldar models ever did.
now if only everyone could figure this out without us having to tell them a million times.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There's one thing people seem to be forgetting: Slaanesh IS the Eldar. The physical embodiment of everything the Eldar race is capable of with out restraint and control. The Dark Eldar are effectively disciples of Slaanesh with out actually worshiping Slaneesh. They are Eldar who exist with out restraint or control. I don't mind care for the Incubi models myself, but then again I don't much care for the Dark Eldar Models as a whole or any of the Slaanesh models. But I have to admit, there are common design elements that tie two line together.

I mean look at this:

And now look at this:

Now, can you really tell me that those models don't look similar?
yes I can, they look absolutely nothing alike, on one hand you have a greater demon with horns coming out every which way out of a horribly disfigured gimp head, with claws and just a loincloth covering w/e it has down there.

On the other, you have sleek armored warriors of death who strike terror, fear and anguish into the hearts, souls, and bodies of their enemies.

So in closing, do I like the DE Incubi models? Not particularly. However, I do think think they are light years ahead of what was there 6 months ago.
Slaanesh was created by the Eldar, yes. does that make the D Eldar in any way, shape, or form look like Slaanesh? no, in fact if anything it would be the other way around.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Correct me if Im wrong, but Slannesh is based off, formed by, and/or Warp version of the DE. So wheres the problem here if they look Slanneshy? He was made from their image. Im just saying...

Everyone screams they look Slaneshy. Not really, Slanneshy looks like DE. Thats the fluff. Get over it.

·
4,491 Posts
KhainiteAssassin:
What does it matter if they look like choas or not?
As long as you like the models thats all that matters.

If other people think they look like chaos, then let them think that.
It shouldn't matter to you anyway if you see them differently.

No point getting your knickers in a knot over it. :wink:

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Correct me if Im wrong, but Slannesh is based off, formed by, and/or Warp version of the DE. So wheres the problem here if they look Slanneshy? He was made from their image. Im just saying...
Everyone thinks that every army should look 100% unique in every way, shape and form while still being small minitures that cant hold detail.

and what they are attempting to say is that the dark eldar incubi are too "chaos like" to be in the dark eldar book. Even though the only reason for that is they have horns.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
KhainiteAssassin:
What does it matter if they look like choas or not?
As long as you like the models thats all that matters.

If other people think they look like chaos, then let them think that.
It shouldn't matter to you anyway if you see them differently.

No point getting your knickers in a knot over it. :wink:
I cant help it that I try so hard for you people so you open your minds to not following the leader of "that looks slaanesh omg get it out of the DE lineup" mind set.

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
Suggestion: Worry less about what other people think. It has (or at least shouldn't have) any effect on you whatsoever. If you like the models and don't see any link between Chaos and Incubi, then fine. Trying to force people to think differently by making a thread about it on an internet forum isn't going to work.

·
4,491 Posts
I cant help it that I try so hard for you people so you open your minds to not following the leader of "that looks slaanesh omg get it out of the DE lineup" mind set.
Ignore them dude.
They are your models, not theirs.

If somebody on the interwebz thinks differently to you, its not the end of the world.
Half of them are probably trolling anyway, and your taking the bait, hook line and sinker.

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
Suggestion: Worry less about what other people think. It has (or at least shouldn't have) any effect on you whatsoever. If you like the models and don't see any link between Chaos and Incubi, then fine. Trying to force people to think differently by making a thread about it on an internet forum isn't going to work.
But Katie, you seem to be missing the point here: This is the INTERNET.
EVERYONE has to agree with you on the Internet, or the universe will implode!

·
Registered
519 Posts
I like how the new Incubi models look. I never liked how the other one's (or how pretty much the entire DE range) looked previously. I think the new models are all outstanding, across the range. The Incubi seem fine and dandy to me.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts