Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Under the heading in the codex for the Grotesques, it states for their "Terrifying Opponent" rule that "any opponent beaten by them in close combat automatically falls back without a Leadership test being taken."

Does this apply to fearless opponents as well? Would they fall back, or since they are fearless and immune would they just take any extra fearless saves and stay in close combat? There isn't anything on it in the FAQ for the Dark Eldar so I thought I'd check with you all on it.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Since fearless units NEVER fall back they'd take a cartain number of armour saves relating to how outnumbered they were up to a maximimum of 3 saves.

·
Banned
801 Posts
That's IF they lost the combat. Those saves are only taken in that exact situation. Otherwise, the rules say 'target falls back' and Fearless says 'target never falls back', so they don't.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just remember though, the fearless/not fall back model would take the armour saves anyway. Just if they were outnumbered less than 2:1 ,as uber says, it does googley-squat.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Grotesque also have 2 wounds each, so they outnumber you much quicker than a normal squad would.

I put up the DE Player FAQ and I was questioned about this...

Q: Do Necron gauss weapons wound Grotesques on a 6 even though they’re not S6?
A: Yes, this is covered in the Necron Codex Gauss entry. Only on a 6 however, remove the model hit.

Q: Do sniper rifles wound Grotesques on a 4+ even though they’re not S6?
A: I'd say yes, per the BGB saying regardless of toughness. So, one shot one kill.

Apparently this is not true, per an earlier ruling when grotesque are injured in a raider crash.

They're taken from Chapter Approved pdf's downloaded in third edition but 4th edition shouldn't necessarily change anything seeing as the DE Dex is older.

Q When Grotesques (who need 6 STR to be wounded) take damage on a 4+ (e.g. their Raider crashing) do they:
a) Ignore the damage, as it isn’t STR 6
b) Take one wound, even though a 6 STR should auto-kill them
c) Die a fiery death

a. B

Models with multiple wounds are removed when the unit they are in has taken enough wounds to eliminate one whole model, regardless of whether the casualties were inflicted on different models. The owning player chooses which model falls casualty.

So, which one is it?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Fearless models would have to take their saves if they lost combat.
Sniper and weapons always wounding on a certain die roll will wound....Not insta kill
a raider crashing is a STR3 hit to models inside. Thus they would ignore the rolls. The opponent still rolls as if they could because he could roll to eventually hit the IC attached to the squad and thus hits would have to be saved for him.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.