Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Havent seen this mentioned yet:
http://www.blacklibrary.com/warhammer-40000/dark-eldar-ebundle.html

An e-bundle with the 3 Dark Eldar Path books and related short stories. Some which have been in the games day anthologies.

Amusingly enough, the yet unreleased Path of the Archon is part of the bundle that is now up for sale. But the standalone version is not available before this Friday.

If you are looking for a definite slice of Dark Eldar. This bundle is well worth picking up. Ive greatly enjoyed everything in the series so far, very engrossing to read things from the Dark Eldar pov.

I am quite looking forward to the release of Path of the Archon, I want to see how the plot ends.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Any info if/when this will come out in Omnibus form?

I only read Path of the Renegade so far (and liked it). If there is a dead tree version around the corner, I'd wait for that.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Any info if/when this will come out in Omnibus form?

I only read Path of the Renegade so far (and liked it). If there is a dead tree version around the corner, I'd wait for that.
They usually put the omnibus a few years after the series ends. Probably to get any shorts finished, or to let the single books run out of copies.
I mean, we are just now seeing a Night Lords Omnibus about 2 years after the last book in the trilogy was finished.

I think I will wait for the omnibus as well :grin:

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Finished Path of the Archon, a superb read wrapping up the series and tying up the plot. Both from the main books and the side stories. We see the continuation and conclusion of Bellathonis and the Shadow King, a quite important part of the third book.

Definitely one of the better Wh40k series in a long time. Stands as one of the top reads in the setting for me.

·
Registered
14 Posts
These are some pretty intense books, its sad to see how Andy Chambers knocks these books out of the park but Gav Thorpe (BL's resident Eldar "expert") made the Path of The Eldar characters seem like toned down humans...

·
Registered
221 Posts
I am looking forward to POTA a great deal after loving the first two books.

I have bought the omnibus for the POTE but have yet to read it.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am looking forward to POTA a great deal after loving the first two books.

I have bought the omnibus for the POTE but have yet to read it.
Then you will have a treat comming in. POTA stars the infamous overlord of Commoragh, Vect himself. And you get to see just how horrible a creature he can be.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Then you will have a treat comming in. POTA stars the infamous overlord of Commoragh, Vect himself. And you get to see just how horrible a creature he can be.
Also the calculating Lady Aurelia Malys and the Kheradruakh. Dying to see what the latter is like, and hopefully they all have real roles in the book and not just one chapter cameos.

I'll find out this Thursday I guess.

LotN

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Also the calculating Lady Aurelia Malys and the Kheradruakh. Dying to see what the latter is like, and hopefully they all have real roles in the book and not just one chapter cameos.

I'll find out this Thursday I guess.

LotN
Both of them features significantly I can assure you. The later we get to see just why he is so feared. Heads rolls. *grin*

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Both of them features significantly I can assure you. The later we get to see just why he is so feared. Heads rolls. *grin*
I see what you did there.

Only question I have (I'm getting it next month) does Yllithian (Spelling may be off) survive after all. Feel free to use spoilers.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I see what you did there.

Only question I have (I'm getting it next month) does Yllithian (Spelling may be off) survive after all. Feel free to use spoilers.

Spoiler - Ylithian's fate

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Have i missed something - is where a Space Marine attack upon Commoragh in one of this DE trilogy?
Nope, not related to this plot. Though it gets a couple mentions. That raid happened around M35.

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Commorragh_Raid

As Ylithian yearns for a return to the days where the noble houses reigned supreme. The white flames kabal being one of the few surviving noble houses, that survived thanks to reforming themselves into a Kabal.

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts
Have i missed something - is where a Space Marine attack upon Commoragh in one of this DE trilogy?
It's in Codex: Dark Eldar. Vect lured the Salamanders into Commorragh to get them to wipe out the Eldar Noble Houses to pave to way for him to rule.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
It's in Codex: Dark Eldar. Vect lured the Salamanders into Commorragh to get them to wipe out the Eldar Noble Houses to pave to way for him to rule.
Would love an SMB or Apocalypse novel on that battle. The greatest confrontation with the Dark Eldar in the Imperium's history. So long as Andy Chambers, Anthony Reynolds or Gav Thorpe writes it. Wouldn't mind Nick Kyme on thinking about it, his DE in Firedrake were great.

LotN

1 - 17 of 17 Posts