Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, haven't thrown a list up here in a few days and i think this will be it for a bit now that i have some potential candidates for my next army after my Tau. This is close to my old Dark Eldar Haemonculi Coven army I did a while back. I had WWP's in that list though and it just didn't seem to work very well as timing issues sometimes hampered the grotesques and haemonculi's joining up and leaving my grots vulnerable. So I decided to go mostly footslogging instead. So let me know what ya think of this one...

Dark Eldar 2000 Point Haemonculi Coven

6 Haemonculi
Scissorhands
Destructor

3 X 10 Grotesques

2 X 15 Dark Eldar Warrriors
2 Darklances each

2 X 20 Dark Eldar Warriors
2 Blasters each
2 Splinter Cannons each
Sybarite with Splinter Pistol and Agonizer

2 X 4 Reaver Jetbikes
2 Blasters each

3 Talos

This will allow me to take advantage of a good advance army. Grotesques in front screening my warriors behind so that the opponent has to take priority checks with anything <Str 6 to target the warriors. 2 fire bases of Warriors acting as snipers for vehicles and such. 1 Haemonculi in each Grot pack and probably one in each assault warrior squad, not sure where the 6th will go yet.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have found that Haemmy's on a skyboard and RJB are quite effective. You could drop a few grotes or a few warriors here and there to manage it.

I use a coven in a recent doubles tournament and they faired quite well.

Question on how you use the destructor. Roll AP for the whole squad or each model wounded?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Have you played any games yet with the army before the tourney? I kind of interested how it will fair. I've never played that kind of DE army before and I heard that foot slogging armies never do well - no offense, really. I'm kind thinking about going this direction because its something different from how I always play.
Also how did you model your 30 grots, did you actually use the real ones?:laugh:

·
Registered
249 Posts
If I remember correctly the FAQ said each model wounded

·
Registered
761 Posts
I am not much for Grot lists. Love the concept but realized that most comp lists will deal with them pretty easily.

Your list is swarmy for 2,000 point standards but terribly slow and that alone will probably cost you. Especially against army lists with a speed advantage who will just flank you and bypass those Grots.

Most Tyranids and Orcs will also swarm over this type of list without much fear of ever having to shoot let alone fail priority checks.

I would probably take Uriel and 5 ubers then attach them to a group of 4 Grots and a Raider. Uriel can auto wound when he hits and with his weapons. This really plays on the terrifying special rule. The improved Haemonculi he can take as a retinue also have that much needed Initiative boost.

Your second HQ could be 3 Haemonculi. 2 Could attach themselves to Grots on Raiders while the last equips a Jetbike and rides with the Reavers.

I would then equip 2 Web Way Portals to 2 of your Haemonculi.

I know this effects your fire screen concept, but you can still use the Raiders for the additional speed and then disembark each turn.

The WWP will also gives those Talos the much needed speed element that they completely lack.

You can also opt to place your assualt Warriors into the Web Way Portal if you're denied cover.

You could get the points by trimming down like 3 Grots, 20 Warriors, and 2 Reavers.

·
Banned
2,023 Posts
Destructor

the codex states you roll a d6 for each target hit so you roll for each model hit though somedays it would be better to have it as one single roll as you could get an ap of 2 and wipe out entir squads of marines so easy, especially with 3 of the haemonculus on skyboards

1 - 7 of 7 Posts