Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just kick-started my Dark Eldar with a Codex, Archon, Raider and Battleforce box. I'm expanding it to 1000pts, and wasn't entirely sure what to add. I came up with this:

HQ
Archon
Combat Drugs, Huskblade, Soul Trap, Shadowfield, Blast Pistol

TROOPS
10 Kabalite Warriors with Blaster and Splinter Cannon in Raider with Shock Prow and Splinter Racks

10 Kabalite Warriors with Blaster and Splinter Cannon in Raider with Shock Prow and Splinter Racks

9 Wyches with Haywire Grenades, 1 Shardnet/Impaler and Hekatrix with Agonizer in Raider with Shock Prow, Enhanced Aethersails and Torment Grenade Launchers

FAST ATTACK
5 Reaver Jetbikes with Heat Lance

HEAVY SUPPORT
Ravager with Flickerfields

Does this look reasonable?

Midnight

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
HQ
Archon

TROOPS
5 Kabalite Warriors with Blaster

9 Wyches with Haywire Grenades, 1 Hydra Gauntlet and Hekatrix with Agonizer in Raider with Shock Prow and Enhanced Aethersails

FAST ATTACK
3 Reaver Jetbikes with Heat Lance and Cluster Caltrops

HEAVY SUPPORT
Voidraven Bomber

FORTIFICATIONS
Aegis Defence Line
Quad-Gun

I have all the models for this list, using it for a tournament on the 14th. Seem legit?

Midnight

·
Registered
430 Posts
Archon: Doesn't need Blast pistol he will be expensive enough already esp at 1000pts

Warriors: tbh I would run them like this:

10x Warriors in Raider with Splinter cannon and Raider has splinter racks and night shields.

Putting any more points into DE transports is a waste as they all go down to a stiff breeze, hence the night shields to keep them away from the stiff breeze lol. Just use these as gunboats at a distance to target enemy infantry or MCs (poison).

Wyches: 9x Wyches go great with Archon. I would run them like this:

9x Wyches in Raider, Haywire Grenades, Hekatrix with Phantasm grenade Launchers and Power Weapon/Agoniser if you have the points. I would throw in a Shardnet and Impaler being the most viable option they have. Keep the raider bare. You don't need ether sails as you don't want to be 6" away from the enemy as they will just wreck or explode your raider with small arms fire then charge you (if you survive the explosion). A 12" move and a 18" flat out is enough if you are really keen to get somewhere.

Reaver Jetbikes are awesome in 6th. Take 6 with two Blasters, nothing else is needed.

Ravager with NIGHTSHIELDS is awesome (you already have jink), bomber is a bit meh, take the Fighter with flickerfields and a splinter cannon if you want a flyer in there. It has more variety of weapons and is cheaper.

Hope this helps!

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Archon: Doesn't need Blast pistol he will be expensive enough already esp at 1000pts
I face Mech around here, and for this tournament especially I'm expecting mech CSM, mech-heavy Hybrid Necrons, and either Guard with 3 Leman Russ (at least!) or mech Eldar.

Warriors: tbh I would run them like this:

10x Warriors in Raider with Splinter cannon and Raider has splinter racks and night shields.

Putting any more points into DE transports is a waste as they all go down to a stiff breeze, hence the night shields to keep them away from the stiff breeze lol. Just use these as gunboats at a distance to target enemy infantry or MCs (poison).
So you'd remove the Shock Prows? Interesting.

Wyches: 9x Wyches go great with Archon. I would run them like this:

9x Wyches in Raider, Haywire Grenades, Hekatrix with Phantasm grenade Launchers and Power Weapon/Agoniser if you have the points. I would throw in a Shardnet and Impaler being the most viable option they have. Keep the raider bare. You don't need ether sails as you don't want to be 6" away from the enemy as they will just wreck or explode your raider with small arms fire then charge you (if you survive the explosion). A 12" move and a 18" flat out is enough if you are really keen to get somewhere.
Forgot about the 18" Flat Out move, which makes Enhanced Aethersails kind of pointless. Thanks for picking that up.

Reaver Jetbikes are awesome in 6th. Take 6 with two Blasters, nothing else is needed.
Not Heat Lances? I think both are viable, but Heat Lances seem nice for actually killing some tanks rather than plinking some hull points and bouncing off the vehicle damage table.

Ravager with NIGHTSHIELDS is awesome (you already have jink), bomber is a bit meh, take the Fighter with flickerfields and a splinter cannon if you want a flyer in there. It has more variety of weapons and is cheaper.

Hope this helps!
I chose the Bomber because I know every player is bringing a Flyer - a Night Scythe, a Heldrake and a Vendetta. I figured the Void Lances would help a lot here rather than getting some extra Splinter shots, but I'll give the Razorwing a go.

How does this look?

HQ
Archon

TROOPS
5 Kabalite Warriors

10 Kabalite Warriors with Blaster and Splinter Cannon in Raider with Night Shields and Splinter Racks

9 Wyches with Haywire Grenades, 1 Hydra Gauntlet and Hekatrix with Agonizer and Phantasm Grenade Launcher in Raider with Night Shields

FAST ATTACK
3 Reaver Jetbikes with Blaster (I would like 6, but model constraints are a bitch)

HEAVY SUPPORT
Razorwing Jetfighter with Flickerfields

FORTIFICATIONS
Aegis Defence Line
Quad-Gun

·
Registered
872 Posts
I would drop fortifications, they aren't really worth the points since most of your army will be running around in your raiders. Buying all that defense for 1 squad of 5 warriors, seems wasteful to me.

Reavers are amazing, I personally run them with Heat Lances since their cheaper and essentially do the same thing. And if you run into anything that ignores Lance, then you still have the melta's two dice for armor pen.

Razorwing is tons better, I think. Especially starting with Dark Lances, they're good anti-air, or anti-tank. Upgrade it for a splinter cannon and it's pretty solid anti-infantry too with all its shots.

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would drop fortifications, they aren't really worth the points since most of your army will be running around in your raiders. Buying all that defense for 1 squad of 5 warriors, seems wasteful to me.
This is in purely because I don't want a Night Scythe flying about, and the controlling player will always Jink if I shoot at him. Also, in The Emperor's Will (mainly, but in most missions), I need a cheap Scoring unit to go to ground on a backfield objective and the Aegis Line kind of helps with that (you can't always be assured of terrain, and if you are it still won't be 2+ save-offering. 5 Warriors in 3+ cover are annoying but easy to deal with - with 2+, they still die to a single Flamer but at least they won't be extremely vulnerable).

Midnight

1 - 6 of 6 Posts