Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A Dark Eldar tournament list? Oxymoron? :p

Despite all the generous help in the Eldar thread I started, I found the decadent allure of the Dark Eldar calling me. Don't think I don't appreciate the help though.

archon 338
agoniser, splinter pistol, combat drugs, shadow field, plasma grenades

6x incubi (retinue for archon)
raider transport

dracon 68 (joins wyches)
agoniser, splinter pistol, plasma grenades

8x wyches 179
wych weapons, succubus w/ agoniser, raider transport

10x warriors 100
2 dark lances

10x warriors 100
2 dark lances

ravager 115
2 disintegrators, 1 dark lance

talos 100

The dracon hops in with the wyches and, with the archon and retinue, provides for two very scary close combat squads. The warriors take up good firing positions, using fleet of foot for any repositioning moves they need to make. The ravager skips around the battlefield harassing infantry and tempting shots that would otherwise be aimed at my precious raiders. The talos works its way towards the primary objective, forcing the enemy to come to it while at the same time working as another fire magnet to protect those fragile skimmers.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Very solid list it should do well.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's been suggested that I replace the incubi with jetbikes (and put the Lord on a jetbike with them), but I'm a bit unsure about how to convert the Lord with a punisher, tormenter helm, and reaver jetbike.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
No no no!

Never question the Talos!

Everyone always shoots the crap out of it and it can soak up a lot. People focus all their attention on it. And when it DOESNT die and gets to CC, well, thats great news for you.

It even kills stuff with Talos Sting sometimes.

·
Registered
154 Posts
DE are an exceptionally powerful tournament army. You should do well. I agree that dropping the talos is a good idea, why? because its the only high T or armour thing you have. Who makes a list without the means to take out MC's and Tanks? No-one and as the only thing that those lascannon shots won't be wasted on it should die pretty quick. Obviously that depends on the terrain, but 6/8 times it will die before acheiving anything. Its one of the un-broken elements of DE.

·
Registered
42 Posts
No. No, no, no! Your army lacks focus, and you have spent far too many points on Heavy Support.

The 3 effective Dark eldar builds are Raider Rush, Webway Portal, and Jetbike. You seem to be going for the Raider Rush, but you don't have enough Raiders. At 1k you will need at least 4 .

The Archon is waaaaaaay too expensive for 1k. In 1000 points, just use Haemonculi as HQs. In this setup, I would hesitate taking Incubi in even 1500 points. You need Haemonculi, attached to Raider Squads.

The Dracon is wasting his high WS with that Agoniser. He lacks much punch and is fragile. Putting him in the raider with Wyches is a BAD idea! That's two of your assault eggs in the same basket. I would drop him altogether.

The Wyches are good, try and get them some Blasters.

For troops, just take one Dark Lance Sniper Squad in 1000 points if you take them at all, which I would rather not do in a raider rush. Get as many raiders as you can. The squad should have a Splinter Cannon and a Blaster, and a Sybarite with an Agoniser.

The Ravager is not really necessary at this point level. You don't need that kind of firepower if you can get 5 Raiders with 10 Warriors in them on the field.

The Talos will never see combat outside a Webway portal list. Drop it.

With all those points you're saving, you can get more Wyches or more Raider Squads.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Im very suprised at some of these responses.

I make use of a Talos nigh every DE game I play, and all it does it reap benefits.

Aaaand no. Never haemonculi. Especially for a lone HQ.

The HQ is what DE are all about.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I wasn't saying the Haemonculi should be alone, I said I would have attached him to a Raider Squad.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.