Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
HQ
Archon with Huskblade, blast pistol, Drug Dispenser, Soultrap, Djinn blade, ghostplate, clonefield, Grenade Launcher: 205

Troops:
2x10 Warriors with a splinter cannon: 200

Elites:
2x 8 Hekatrix Bloodbrides with 3 razorfails + Syren with venom blade: 344
2x Raiders: 120

3 Incubi: 66
Raider: 60

Total: 995

The Archon will start off in the Incubi squad allowing them to benefit from his Grenade Launcher.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
looks promising. I so need to get my hands on the dex now to start messing with my builds, useing the reavers

·
Banned
2,023 Posts
Looking at this list it's very weak, at this points level you are best taking one large warrior unit of 20 and get 2 splinter cannons and the blaster or shredder.

Go with the troop version of wyches, whilst 3 razor flails look good, I'd go for the 3 gaunlets for the chance to get 18(the max) extra attacks rather re-roll hits and wounds as it will give you the same if not better result, especially if you roll +1S on combat drugs (a 3 or 4 I believe so the avergae roll) meaning you hit on 4 wound on 4 with still 18 + 3D6 attacks.

Setup for Archon I'd run is huskblade, combat drugs, soul trap and shadow field - comes in at 155 pts - doesn't really need a gun anymore and he has the splinter pistol anyway to give a bonus attack making him 5 base.

I'd then add in more incubi and possibly a master with the flamer weapon or a ravager for tank popping as at 1000pts I have seen landraider filled with Khorne Beserkers fielded!

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looking at this list it's very weak, at this points level you are best taking one large warrior unit of 20 and get 2 splinter cannons and the blaster or shredder.
The thing with a large squad is that it's easy for them to get lock into combat and wipe out. Also blast templates will probably hit quite a few of them. This also reduces the amount of troop choices I have.

Go with the troop version of wyches, whilst 3 razor flails look good, I'd go for the 3 gaunlets for the chance to get 18(the max) extra attacks rather re-roll hits and wounds as it will give you the same if not better result, especially if you roll +1S on combat drugs (a 3 or 4 I believe so the avergae roll) meaning you hit on 4 wound on 4 with still 18 + 3D6 attacks.
Now if I do take the troop version then not only am I losing an attack but I also can't take as many weapons unless I combine the squads. If that is the case then I can't fit them into a raider. Also raiders provide this army some anti tank.

Setup for Archon I'd run is huskblade, combat drugs, soul trap and shadow field - comes in at 155 pts - doesn't really need a gun anymore and he has the splinter pistol anyway to give a bonus attack making him 5 base.
Well the blaster pistol also gives him a bonus attack. Plus I really want to make use of his high BS. Also without the grenade launcher it means my Incubi will be striking at I1 when I charge through cover. Plus having defensive grenades really helps out when I get charged. Shadow field is nice but it's unpredictable and is a bit worse in this edition (you have to roll the dice one at the time and as soon as you fail one it's gone, unlike before were you rolled all the dice at the same time). I rather go for a clone field since it allows me to ignore power fists and other deadly close combat attacks.

I'd then add in more incubi and possibly a master with the flamer weapon or a ravager for tank popping as at 1000pts I have seen landraider filled with Khorne Beserkers fielded!
I'm not really worried about a land raider or Khorne Beserkers. I mean a land raider can only move 12 and against dark eldar it only has 12 armour. This should give my raiders a turn or two to shoot at it. As for the Beserkers my wyches can deal with them.

·
Registered
386 Posts
...especially if you roll +1S on combat drugs (a 3 or 4 I believe so the avergae roll) ...
dude, that not how statistics work. you have (on a perfectly balanced die) an exact chance to get any result. the average roll is an assumption for many-many rolls made; say if you roll a million dice, the sum of the results will be very close to 3.5 million. it has no say in a single 1-out-of-6 decision.

as for the list: you bastard, :grin: rubbing salt in our codex-less folk. the incubi just might be a tad to small a unit to hold ground in a fight. for the rest, I need the dex in front of me :ireful2:

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
dude, that not how statistics work. you have (on a perfectly balanced die) an exact chance to get any result. the average roll is an assumption for many-many rolls made; say if you roll a million dice, the sum of the results will be very close to 3.5 million. it has no say in a single 1-out-of-6 decision.

as for the list: you bastard, :grin: rubbing salt in our codex-less folk. the incubi just might be a tad to small a unit to hold ground in a fight. for the rest, I need the dex in front of me :ireful2:
Id feel the same way, but I already own the Dex and I know where I can go read it at any time until mine shows up in a month

·
Banned
2,023 Posts
Necrosis - you said
Now if I do take the troop version then not only am I losing an attack but I also can't take as many weapons unless I combine the squads. If that is the case then I can't fit them into a raider.

Yopu can take 1 special weapon per 3 wyches be them troops or elites all you miss out on is the Ld9 all round if you loose the wych leader and you get 1 less attack per profile.

What I'm saying is you don't really need them all too much you can smash through most bthings with a flurry of attacks and even though you do get FNP now after killing a unit I'd rather have my wyches in CC the whole game with units than having a turn out in the open top be shot at - yes it's FNp if they kill the squad easy but it's also only a 4+ save whilst good it's not great as alot of things can wound T3 easy.

You also said blast templates will alot of warriors in a squad of 20 - yes but unlike a squad of 10 they arent going to die staright away and have nothing left.

Also 3 Dl's in a 1000pts is nothing to brag about in saying you can handle tanks you still need 5 or 6 to penetrate to do anything significant to a vehicle or armour 12 and up hence I go for quantity in my Dl's to make sure the tank is dead

·
Banned
2,023 Posts
Whilst they may not work that way if you could re-roll it the chnaces are higher of getting that certain number.

I care not for too much math hammer so there really is no point giving the facts to me :p

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Necrosis - you said
Now if I do take the troop version then not only am I losing an attack but I also can't take as many weapons unless I combine the squads. If that is the case then I can't fit them into a raider.

Yopu can take 1 special weapon per 3 wyches be them troops or elites all you miss out on is the Ld9 all round if you loose the wych leader and you get 1 less attack per profile.
I'll have to reread the codex to make sure. Although I could have sworn it's every 5 wyches not 3 for the troops.

Even the guys who are posting all the info say this: http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=65901&page=79

What I'm saying is you don't really need them all too much you can smash through most bthings with a flurry of attacks and even though you do get FNP now after killing a unit I'd rather have my wyches in CC the whole game with units than having a turn out in the open top be shot at - yes it's FNp if they kill the squad easy but it's also only a 4+ save whilst good it's not great as alot of things can wound T3 easy.
I see where you are coming from but in that case I also risk losing combat to. Wyches aren't as resilient in combat as they use to be. I have to make sure to kill most of the enemy before they strike back. As you said a lot of things can wound a T3 easy and it's only a 4++. Now what I plan to do is use the raider to provide them cover or to fight in cover or consolidate into cover.

You also said blast templates will alot of warriors in a squad of 20 - yes but unlike a squad of 10 they arent going to die staright away and have nothing left.
It's also them getting stuck in close combat. On average the whole unit will only kill a single marine in combat (20 attacks, 10 hits, 3 wounds, 1 dead marine), the the marines would attack back kill several warriors and then I fail my leadership and possible get run down. I rather have one squad dead and one alive then a single squad crippled and unable to do anything.

Also 3 Dl's in a 1000pts is nothing to brag about in saying you can handle tanks you still need 5 or 6 to penetrate to do anything significant to a vehicle or armour 12 and up hence I go for quantity in my Dl's to make sure the tank is dead
It's only 3 at long range, at short range it becomes 6, thanks to the archon and the warriors and don't tell me they will never shoot any tanks cause my Archon already killed a defiler with shooting after killing another one in close combat and my warriors killed a rhino with theirs. To be honest I would like to have a few more dark lances, I would also like to have a few more incubi maybe I should get rid of an elite wych squad?

Fucking amazing list.

What the fuck does it do?
Well I'm going to have to reread the codex to make sure everything here is right.

The archon has a power weapon that cause instant death, he has a 4+ armour save and a 6+ invu. Every time he kills an SC (I think this includes IC to but not sure) or MC his strength doubles on pass ld test. He also get's two bonus power weapon attacks but if he rolls doubles bad thing happen. He also ignores d3 attacks in close combat.

Hekatrix Bloodbrides are basically better wyches and the razor fail allows me to reroll my misses and failed wounds. While the venom blade makes me wound on a 2+ allowing them to possible kill monstrous creatures. Raiders take them where ever they need to go and try to kill a tank to while it's at it.

Warriors just shoot lots of range poison attacks and have blaster in case a vehicle gets close.

Incubi hand out with the Archon who gives them both defensive and offensive grenades.

·
Banned
2,023 Posts
I believ the razor flails only work with those few wyches not squad wide anymore too be careful of the rules wording as the whole squad can't take them only 3 wyches

·
Registered
40 Posts
why dont u take a venom transport instead of a raider for the incubi squad its 5 points less and it comes with the 5+ invulnerable save upgrade for free

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
why dont u take a venom transport instead of a raider for the incubi squad its 5 points less and it comes with the 5+ invulnerable save upgrade for free
I've been thinking about that, the only problem I see with it is that I would lose a dark lance.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
How are we supposed to judge this list when we don't even know what these things do?
The names are pretty at least:) I assume those bloodbrides are some kind of wych.
Can you tell me what blasters do now? (apart from blast):)

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
they blast her! >.>

·
Registered
40 Posts
blasters are just the same execpt they have a range of 18", bloodbrides are elite choice wyches with another base attack and there squads can have 1 wych weapons for every 3 wyches then the troop choice wyches which is 1 for every 5 wyches

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I miscalculated the points in my list and was force to quickly change it. It should be all good now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
where are you getting this info from? i have searched the net and can find only speculation about the new Codex:DE other than what GW have confirmed.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts