Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received info about the new dark eldar, OMG EVERYONE ONLY KNEW THEY WERE COMING OUT FOR AT LEAST THE LAST YEAR, seriosly they got to do a better job from getting stuffed leaked beause this leaked abou the moment they started planning about them:drinks:. Dark Eldar consist of an amazing theme that is also very original. THEY ARE THE FASTEST $%^& THINGS ALIVE! I find 4 problems in their current army list, 1. not much choice, 2. for fast units they don't have much melee. 3. they are very objective based and I would like to see a stat boost for the crazy amount of points I'm paying for a guy to run around in circles and hope he doesn't get shot down or punched out,4. I think if they did something like the Eldar where everyone has a special role except make completly new units (I'm not saying copy the eldar units I'm saying do the same kind of thing with totally original units like for example stalkers that come from any board edge, stealth, poisened shots 12 inch range assult 2, poisen last 3 turns on a tough 4 5+ to wound 3 tough 4+ to wound, amazing close combat.) I do think something like an autarch or assasin would be good for a dark eldar army like infiltrate/ deepstrike 1 inch away type of thing with amazing sort range gun and jetpacks would be awesome, oh and make him epic at close combat too+hit and run would seem very dark eldar like.

In this thread post what you would like to see come out in the new dark eldar/what you think is going to come out with them.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well if they don't upgrade the stats they beter let me spam you with dark eldar wyches and then we'll see. But serioslyif they don't add some kind of meat shield unit or considerably down the points then sucks to be aignst tau or orks or your dead,space marines you'll probably be okay since they don't have epic shooting or spam units at you.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah they better not just make some new models and update the rules so there is no target priority, armies have changed since the last dark eldar came out and they need an real update, especially more units. I've always imagined a good dark eldar army with a lot of elite units and meat shield to get the minimum list and eat up some points here and there that the elite left over. Hopefully thats what they'll do which will make them a highly original army of their own (if it isn't that from their suicidal tactics already!)

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
I just received info about the new dark eldar, OMG EVERYONE ONLY KNEW THEY WERE COMING OUT FOR AT LEAST THE LAST YEAR, seriosly they got to do a better job from getting stuffed leaked beause this leaked abou the moment they started planning about them:drinks:. Dark Eldar consist of an amazing theme that is also very original. THEY ARE THE FASTEST $%^& THINGS ALIVE! I find 4 problems in their current army list, 1. not much choice, 2. for fast units they don't have much melee. 3. they are very objective based and I would like to see a stat boost for the crazy amount of points I'm paying for a guy to run around in circles and hope he doesn't get shot down or punched out,4. I think if they did something like the Eldar where everyone has a special role except make completly new units (I'm not saying copy the eldar units I'm saying do the same kind of thing with totally original units like for example stalkers that come from any board edge, stealth, poisened shots 12 inch range assult 2, poisen last 3 turns on a tough 4 5+ to wound 3 tough 4+ to wound, amazing close combat.) I do think something like an autarch or assasin would be good for a dark eldar army like infiltrate/ deepstrike 1 inch away type of thing with amazing sort range gun and jetpacks would be awesome, oh and make him epic at close combat too+hit and run would seem very dark eldar like.
for
the
love
of
god
use
the
enter
key.
In this thread post what you would like to see come out in the new dark eldar
I'd like to see a dark eldar player who doesn't whine and bitch and moan about his army thats been forgotten for 10 years getting new models and a codex.

you seriously can't make these people happy it seems.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
for
the
love
of
god
use
the
enter
key.
A bit over the top? I know you have to keep up the pretence and whatnot but is reading prose really that hard that people start to complain? I for one love paragraphs and first line indents over leaving a line.

Anyway, looking forward to the models. These look sweet. A GW-er said to me that grotesques were to come on terminator bases and be much more beefed out. While I'm not a fanboy of DE some of the new models emailed to me do make me happy in my pants as well.

·
Eastern Potent
2,654 Posts
I thought it was necessary, a gigantic block of text, damn right use the frigging enter key!

I like the new models, but dont want to play them, because just like wolves and BA, as soon as their out EVERYONE will make an army of them because they will have the lastest codex creep.

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
A bit over the top? I know you have to keep up the pretence and whatnot but is reading prose really that hard that people start to complain? I for one love paragraphs and first line indents over leaving a line.
is it hard to read a wall of text?, yes.
is it against forum rules?, as a matter of fact yes.
I'm not keeping up any pretence, but I tried to read the opening post, got down 2 lines, gave up, skipped to the main question and ignored further posts.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I thought it was necessary, a gigantic block of text, damn right use the frigging enter key!

I like the new models, but dont want to play them, because just like wolves and BA, as soon as their out EVERYONE will make an army of them because they will have the lastest codex creep.
Yeah, but there's one significant difference between wolves/BA and the Dark Kin (aside from the fact they have better models and are just more awesome than the marines, of course :p ) - they are not, by any stretch of the imagination a forgiving army - bandwagoners will come, buy, play, find out that they can't yawn their way to victory like the emo marines and the space vikings, and leave again - leaving people like me to carry on playing with their favourite army (have done 4 different DE armies over the years, admittedly with conversions since I still couldnt abide the old models...)

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Who says current DE lack CC units.

Last time I checked wyches, archons/dracons, incubi, warpbeasts, taloses, mandrakes and reaver jetbikes can all be used to supply CC punch. In the new codex they will be backed up by harlies as well as a possible solitaire.

Whoever claims DE lack punch is a moron.

·
Registered
375 Posts
It's nice to finally see some xenos get some attention, in this case Dark Eldar were long overdue for this revamp. How long has it been? 12 years? The new models are nice but for me this changes nothing, I will stick to my boyz and this new incursion of panzees will leave me with plenty of spindly targets for my Orks to smash. WAAAGH! Da Orks!

·
U Mad Bro?
2,777 Posts
for
the
love
of
god
use
the
enter
key.
A bit over the top? I know you have to keep up the pretence and whatnot
I'd like to see a dark eldar player who doesn't whine and bitch and moan about his army thats been forgotten for 10 years getting new models and a codex.

you seriously can't make these people happy it seems.
reading prose really that hard that people start to complain? I for one love paragraphs and first line indents over leaving a line.
LMAO and the Dark Eldar players "Bitch and Complain"? Piemaster, I think Stella has a case of 'I play Dark Eldar so I complain-itus' :drinks:

Chaosftw

·
Banned
2,023 Posts
Correction some complain, I'm just happy to have new models, the rules changes that have been talked about/rumoured or in fact correct (if those people did get to talk to phil kelly) already sound very very good in fact this codex sounds just as or more powerful than SW or BA!

·
Eastern Potent
2,654 Posts
Correction some complain, I'm just happy to have new models, the rules changes that have been talked about/rumoured or in fact correct (if those people did get to talk to phil kelly) already sound very very good in fact this codex sounds just as or more powerful than SW or BA!

No shit?! Oh you must be kidding, GW is releasing a codex more powerful than the other codices?! It must be a joke!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
guys I know being a smarty pants is fun and all but its my first post and sorry for not using enter

now can we please get back on top? (ha I used it there)

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts