Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here it's my various attempts at a Dark Crusade list (with models i could legitmately field and play)

First List: "Dark Mechanicus host" -1499 pts

-The lost and the Damned- 380 pts
Apostle (warlord and also recipient for the boon rolls)
5 x 10 Cultists, Flamer

-Cult of Destruction- 429 pts
Warpsmith, aura of dark glory
2 Nurgle Obliterators
1 Nurgle Obliterator
1 Nurgle Obliterator

-Helforged Warpack- 600 pts
Forgefiend "Alpha"
Defiler
Helbrute, reaper autocannon

-Spawns- 90 pts
1 Spawn
1 Spawn
1 Spawn

While mantaining a strong theme, this army can be nonethelkess effective. Cultist units screen the obliterators and the Helforged warpack. All advance simultanously while double tapping obliterators and daemonforge ability. Spanws take objectives.
The list is almost defensless against flyers and superiour shooty armies. In a casual game it will be fun, though.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Second List: "Lord Putreus's Warband " 1500 pts

-Chaos Warband- 1026 pts

Nurgle Lord, Sigils of corruption, Power Fist, Bike

3 Terminators ,3 combiplasma

5 Chaos Marines, Flamer, Rhino w/havoc launcher
5 Chaos Marines, Meltagun, Meltabombs , Rhino
5 Chaos Marines, Meltagun, Meltabombs , Rhino

4 Nurgle Bikers, 2 Meltaguns, Meltabombs

6 Havocs, 2 Autocannons, 2 Missile launchers
5 Havocs, 3 Missile launchers

-Veteran of the Legions- 234 pts

7 Plague Marines, 2 Plasmaguns, meltabombs, Rhino

-Spawns- 240 pts
5 Nurgle Spawns
1 Spawn
1 Spawn

This is roughly my usual friendly list, a Chaos "elite" force, fast, with some heavy weapons to kill tanks and monsters, a nasty group of spawns to harass the enemy and a durable Lord. The addition of hate, obsec. and Veterans for free adds a big push to the list. The dual boon roll per turn will be received by the brave Biker Champion, hoping he becomes a beast, maybe a daemon prince.
Melta marines support spawns and take objectives, bikers and plague marines work togheter to deliver the killblow to enemy elite units, maybe supported by the dual spawns. Havocs and flamer marines hold the rear, blasting enemies from afar: the flamer can be handy to repel enemy skirmishers. Terminators scream BANZAI and blast something, as usual.

Pretty straightforward list, but potentially devastating in maelstorm game, due to obsec and many quick units.
I plan to use this list often, with variations, to represent the various warbands of my homemade Traitor Chapter.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Third List: "Hunter Cadre" 1496pts

-Chaos Warband- 903 pts

Slaanesh Lord, Steed of slaanesh, twin claws, meltabombs, sigils of corruption

5 Slaanesh Terminators, icon of excess, Heavy Flamer, Lightning claw, 3 combiplasma

6 Chaos Marines, Meltagun, Rhino
6 Chaos Marines, Meltagun, Rhino

5 Raptors, 2 meltaguns, 2 plasma pistols

5 Havocs, 2 autocannons, 2 missilelaunchers

-Fist of the Gods- 485 pts

Warpsmith

Predator, destroyer blades, TL lascannon
Predator, TL lascannon, lascannon sponsons

Vindicator

-Spawns- 108 pts
3 Nurgle Spawns

Another "themed" list, this time a more predatory one. Lord + terminator outflank for some mean deeds. Bladed Vindicator and marines in rhino work togheter to clear objectives. Havocs, raptors and spawns work with the vindicator to blast things away. Warpsmith sits with the havocs, near the full las-predator. The raptor champion should be the recipient fo the dual boon, but the havoc champion might be fun as well.
Nothing special here. I still can't find a way to make the fist of the gods worthwile, since it costs a lot and its powers are shit.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fourth List: "Damnation is coming" 1500pts

Ever wondered if chaos marines ever save their own local cults from annihilation, like Sphess Mareens do with common guardsman? They do.
The fluff behind this list is: the Heretic preacher that lead the revolt is going to be terminated by the enemy forces, so he calls in his friends. A deepstriking attack commences!

-Lost & Damned- 519pts

Apostle
4x 10 cultists
2x 10 cultists, 5 autoguns
1x 21 cultists, 2 flamers

-Raptor Talon- 460 pts

Chaos Lord, Jumppack, Sigils of corruption, Fist+claw

5 Raptors, 2 meltaguns
5 Raptors, 2 meltaguns
5 Raptors, 2 meltaguns

-Terminator Annihilation Force- 431 pts

Terminator Sorceror, Burning Brand, Telepathy

3 Terminators, 3 combiplasma

-Spawns- 90 pts
3x 1 Spawn

Ideally the sorceror and his unit will help the raptor lord and his unit to quash any opponent: a nice Psy shriek, 2 shots of burning brand, some melta love, some plasma love and the final peppering with bolters (lol joking) should be enough to soften up a lot of stuff.
Apostle and cultists hold the board and try to assault stuff, hoping to respawn , spawns run and grab objectives. If, and I repeat IF, the scatter gods are favourable, and if, big IF, the reserve rolls come nice and clean, this army can be fun. Otherwise get ready to taste your own ass, 'cause the opponent will hand it to you on a silverware plate.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fifth List: "Talon Assault" 1500 pts

Raptor Talon is probably the most useful formation we have, but has 2 flaws: deepstrike and reserve rolls.
This list tries to mitigate at least the reserve rolls by getting a Comm. relay.

-CAD- 230 pts

Sorceror
10 cultists
10 cultists
Aegis defence line + comm. relay

-Lost and the Damned- 355 pts

Dark Apostle
5x 10 Cultists

-Raptor Talon- 585 pts

Chaos Lord, sigils, jumpack, powerfist, combimelta
4x 5 raptors, 2 meltaguns, meltabomb

-Spawns- 330 pts

5 nurgle Spawns
3 Spawns
2 Spawns

This list relies upon Spawns to press on the enemy on turn 1 and charge on turn 2, possibly supported by the almost guaranteed Raptor tide. Cultists sweep behind and take objectives, presumably ignored. The CAD cultists and the sorceror hide behind the aegis and act as a last stand force in case you need to survive until turn 6... This list totally lacks armour and instead offers lots of squishy (some not so squishy and some respawning) bodies to the enemy. At 1500 pts you have to be pretty focused on mass destruction to reliably wipe them all.
I think this list is boring, though.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sixth List: "Spawn Talon" 1500 pts
Ok this is just a stupid list, but at 1500 it can be so stupid to actually win.
The list will use:

-Lost and the Damned- 305 pts
Dark Apostle
4x 10 Cultists

-Raptor Talon- 475 pts
Chaos Lord, Jumppack, Sigils of corruption, Fist+claw
5 Raptors, 2 meltaguns, meltabombs

-Spawns- 20 formations of a single spawn...720 pts
1 Nurgle Spawn

All those single spawns with T6 and 3 wounds should be a nightmare to deal with. So much for target saturation. They hit pretty hard against lots of targets if you manage to get 3-4 of them on a unit. They are fast and will gett ALL the objectives. They are not so big a model and ignore terrain, so you should have an almost guaranteed coversave or better, an hiding place out of LoS, if needed be.
The raptors are the antitank weapons of the army, taht will save itself from enemy retaliation by charging stuff when they arrive, if needed.
Cultists are the second wave that should hit melee 4th turn and take those objectives that the spawns can no longer reach. Basically cheerleaders, yeah.
Is this stupid enough?

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Seventh List: "Fleshmetal Cult" 1497 pts -aka "Cringe Spiller"
Back in the days i tampered with the unbound army of doom: at 1500 pts, you field 17 Nurgle Obliterators, plus 3 vanilla Obliterators and watch all die an despair in front of your cheese. Once I got legitimately cockslapped for bringing such shitstorm to my friendly game (it was just a prank, bro!).
Now, we can do this respecting all the rules in the world. 16 nurgle oblits and some chaff. 4 Warpsmiths that will cause a lot of double fire from the oblits. I love this and will try this idiocy.

2 Nurgle Obliterators
1 Nurgle Obliterator
1 Nurgle Obliterator

2 Nurgle Obliterators
1 Nurgle Obliterator
1 Nurgle Obliterator

2 Nurgle Obliterators
1 Nurgle Obliterator
1 Nurgle Obliterator

2 Nurgle Obliterators
1 Nurgle Obliterator
1 Nurgle Obliterator

-CAD- 200 pts
1 Chaos Sorceror
2x 15 cultists

Get Shwifty.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Have you tried out any of the lists yet?

I'm curious to hear about your experiences. I've checked a a bunch a reviews, which all say different things.
Miniwargamings mini battle reports with all the formations are pretty worthless, as they seem to misunderstand every single rule.

I myself tried out the Cult of Destruction and a Chaos Warband.
Unfortunately, my opponent brought Skyhammer Annihilation, which if you've ever faced it will know, means turn one tabling, so I didn't get to have a turn.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Have you tried out any of the lists yet?

I'm curious to hear about your experiences. I've checked a a bunch a reviews, which all say different things.
Miniwargamings mini battle reports with all the formations are pretty worthless, as they seem to misunderstand every single rule.

I myself tried out the Cult of Destruction and a Chaos Warband.
Unfortunately, my opponent brought Skyhammer Annihilation, which if you've ever faced it will know, means turn one tabling, so I didn't get to have a turn.
i have been working so hard lately that i dont even remeber my name:grin2:
so, no, just ideas for now.
Even if i tried those lists, my area is not (luckily) competitive to the point that we would allow turn 1 eradication...(btw your story made me cry a little. :() so i doubt i'll be providing useful information from a comp standpoint.
nontheless, if someone wanted to try this bunch of nonsense-lists i'd love to hear how badly they got mauled! :laugh:

·
Registered
142 Posts
i have been working so hard lately that i dont even remeber my name:grin2:
so, no, just ideas for now.
Even if i tried those lists, my area is not (luckily) competitive to the point that we would allow turn 1 eradication...(btw your story made me cry a little. :() so i doubt i'll be providing useful information from a comp standpoint.
nontheless, if someone wanted to try this bunch of nonsense-lists i'd love to hear how badly they got mauled! :laugh:
Well, the story actually has a happy ending.
Had a rematch afterwards, where I tried putting together a list which stood a chance against the Skyhammer cheese platter.

Still took a Chaos Warband, but exchanged the Cult of Destruction with a Heldrake Terror Pack. I also added in a Daemons CAD led by Be'lakor, with 2X10 pink horrors ducking behind an ADL for those sweet 2+ rerollable cover saves.

That way I was able to survive the first round of drop pod terror. I kept my Lord in reserves along with the Terminator squad, which meant I had to roll for Chaos boons on other champs. That netted me TWO daemon princes in the first two turns, which provided valuable distractions, courtesy of my two regular CSM champs. That was awesome :D

Ended up winning that game, but probably wouldn't have if it weren't for some lucky dice rolls :D

Good times,

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, the story actually has a happy ending.
Had a rematch afterwards, where I tried putting together a list which stood a chance against the Skyhammer cheese platter.

Still took a Chaos Warband, but exchanged the Cult of Destruction with a Heldrake Terror Pack. I also added in a Daemons CAD led by Be'lakor, with 2X10 pink horrors ducking behind an ADL for those sweet 2+ rerollable cover saves.

That way I was able to survive the first round of drop pod terror. I kept my Lord in reserves along with the Terminator squad, which meant I had to roll for Chaos boons on other champs. That netted me TWO daemon princes in the first two turns, which provided valuable distractions, courtesy of my two regular CSM champs. That was awesome :D

Ended up winning that game, but probably wouldn't have if it weren't for some lucky dice rolls :D

Good times,
good times indeed!:victory:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Well I used the Spawn Talon last night, or Spawny Chops as I called it.

If there was one game type you didn't want to roll with this list and that's Purge the Alien. Yes, I rolled it! So, the plan was to have fun and see what was possible. Versus Dark Angels CAD.

The spawn were ace, managed to keep them in cover quite a lot and attacked in 4s and 5s. I was brave with the Raptors, popped a Rhino and 1 drop pod, however, 2 units quickly died to grav fire and Deathwing Knights. 4 drops pods stopped my Cultists advancing how I'd have liked, blocking the easier routes. Only 1 unit completely died and a roll of a 2 meant they stayed off the board.

This would be a completely different game had Purge the Alien not reared it's ugly Alien head. However, certainly fun to play with and maybe next time use the Warband and probably have 2000 points at my disposal.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Awesome Jonny B! The dice gods clearly disfavored you! but a spawn is always a spawn and there will be always be more of them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts