Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone.

I am going to use this as my Dark Angels bench thread. I will try to keep it updated with what I am currently working on. Last week I decided to switch my my Ultra-marines over to Dark Angels. Luckily I only had 4 tactical marines done and another 6 basecoated, so into the purple power they went.

Please feel free to leave any suggestions, questions or comments. I just started with all this so I am still trying to learn all the techniques and tricks.

My first DA project was a Rhino. It took a good chunk of my weekend but I am pretty happy with how it turned out. I learned a few things that I will be using while I do the next one, but it turned out better than I expected.

Here are a few photos:

I am going to try and keep this thread updated with what I currently have on the bench.

Thanks for lookin'

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Very nicely painted. I think you may want to add some chipping and weathering to the top of the rhino hatches to match the sides. Very good can't wait to see this army progress maybe this will give me the motivation to get back to working on my DA army.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Good work man. Glad to hear you've decided to go with Dark Angels instead of Smurfs. Have some some rep for a job well done.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just wanted to give a little update.

I have Haven't really gotten anything else finished but I have begun work on a number of different units.

I started rhino #2 by painting the interior detail spray painting the whole tank flat white. Then I and masking out the masked off the DA insignias and painted flat black. It was slated to get airbrushed DA Green tonight, but the airbrush had other plans.

I also Magnetized the first Dreadnought. It looks ok, but I am going to be switching to smaller magnets for #2 and all the additional weapons.

The Land Raiders interior is primed and ready to be painted. I have also received my Crusader/Redeemer upgrade sprue, so when my magnets come in the mail I will get to work making the land raider a 3 in 1.

My 8 man Terminator squad starting to shape up. I painted one up (minus the details) before deciding how I wanted to go about it. I have also done some work to the Sergent to DA him up a tad.

I have also gotten my 5 man Assault squad assembled, primed and drybrushed with the first coat of DA green. 5 Space marines and 5 Robed Space marines are primed and ready to go and 5 snipers are awaiting final assembly before heading to the paint booth.

Here is a shot of what my work station looks like ATM :wacko: Its a good thing my wife is out of town until Saturday, I will have to get it straightened out by then.

As Always questions, comments, or criticism are welcome and appreciated.

Thanks for Looking.

·
Searching for Vulkan
2,755 Posts
hahahhahahahaha that looks like my kitchen table now that I've been kicked outta my room LOL but my wife is here and I just say, SHEEEEUUUUUUTTTTTTTT UUUPPPPPP woman....well, in my head atleast LOL Everything looks great so far man, good work!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts