Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Pally-HO!!!!
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a diehard Dark Angel player, as many of you know, with a rediculous fascination with plasma weapons. Having read through the Space Wolf codex, I got a few ideas for revising the current Dark Angel book. This is my attempt to revise the codex and add a little more character. Keep in mind this is comming from a major Dark Angel fanboy, so if something seems beardy or cheesy...I warned ya :p

=SPECIAL RULES=

Lion's Resolve
All Dark Angels have the Stubborn Universal Special Rule. Servitors do not.

Lion's Fire
Dark Angels using plasma weapons can ignore a failed Get's Hot! roll on a 5+.

Deathwing Assault
On the Dark Angel player's first turn, half of the Deathwing Veterans held in reserve must make a Deep Strike entrance using the normal rules. Deathwing Veterans that arrive in this way on the first turn can reroll the scatter dice if they end up hitting terrain or a model, but the second result is final.

Ravenwing Assault
On the Dark Angel player's first turn, half of the Ravenwing units held in reserve must enter the field using the Outflank special rule.

Combat Squads
Same as Space Marine Codex

Combat Tactics: Defensive Fire
Dark Angel infantry squads (and models in Terminator armor) may fire at one enemy squad after it declares a charge. All weapons are fired as if the users had remained stationary. Heavy weapons, such as Missile Launchers and Plasma Cannons cannot be fired in this way unless carried by a model in Terminator armor.

And They Shall Know No Fear...

Will be continuing this in with more posts...as it stands I'm writing this at 4am Pacific :p

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
Lion's Fire, why? Defensive Fire why? The game turns is not meant to represent someone moving, and then someone firing to counter act that, it's meant to represent movement at the same time, someone shooting at that time.

Currently, the army will be based around a couple of Sternguard Veterans armed with Combi-Plasmas and Deathwing Assault Cannons backed up by Land Raiders.

I can guarantee that that's the army build.

There's not much yet, but unless some serious toning down of units, or cost upgrade (perhaps 5-10pts depending on whether they're assault marines or Ranged Terminators), then it seems a bit "just becuz lol".

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Pally-HO!!!!
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Troops

Scouts....14pts per model/18pts for Sergeant
Same Stats as Space Marine codex
4 Scouts and 1 Sergeant, can include up to 5 more Scouts.
Combat Squads
Lion's Resolve
Lion's Fire
Combat Tactics
ATSKNF
Cannot purchase Sniper Rifles.
Sergeant can purchase a Plasma Gun for 10pts and Melta Bombs for 5pts
-Can also exchange standard weapons for Plasma Pistol and Close Combat Weapon for 15pts
Scouts can exchange standard weapons for Bolt Pistol and Close Combat weapon for free

Black Angels....17pts per model
5 Black Angels
WS3 BS5 S4 T4 W1 I4 A1 Ld9 Sv5+
Lion's Resolve
Ravenwing Assault
ATSKNF
Armed with Black Rifles; Sniper Rifles (Range 36") that count as S8 AP1 against armor values on a To Hit roll of 6, but do not have the Rending Special rule when they roll a 6 against armor values.
Can purchase Camo Cloaks for 2pts per model.

Dark Angels Tactical Squad....18pts per model/24pts for Sergeant
4 Marines and 1 Sergeant, can include up to 5 more Marines.
Same Stats as Tactical Marines
Lion's Resolve
Lion's Fire
Combat Squads
Combat Tactics
ATSKNF
One Marine can exchange his bolter for a Flamer for free, a Plasma Gun for 5pts or a Melta Gun for 10pts.
One Marine can exchange his bolter for a Rocket Launcher or Heavy Bolter for free, a Plasma Cannon or Multi Melta for 5pts, or a Lascannon for 10pts.
The Sergeant can exchange his bolt pistol and/or chainsword for the following:
-Combi-plas,flamer or melta for 10pts
-Storm Bolter for Regular cost
-Plasma Pistol for 10pts
-Power Weapon for Regular cost
-Power Fist for Regular cost
The Sergeant can take melta bombs for Standard cost.
The Sergeant may take a Teleport Homer for 10pts.
@Vaz: Lion's fire because, well...you nailed it. It was kind of a spur of the moment thing, and if I'm being honest with myself it is kinda stupid. I like Defensive fire because I wanted the Dark Angels to be a straight-up shooty, defensive Space Marine Army, no if's and's or but's, and to me that best illustrated the feel of Dark Angels simply not wanting to engage an enemy squad in melee unless absolutely neccessary. If someone can think of something better, I'm all ears though.

·
Pally-HO!!!!
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Elites

Deathwing Veterans....230pts
4 Deathwing Veterans and 1 Deathwing Veteran Sergeant
Same Stats as Terminators
Lion's Resolve
Lion's Fire
Deathwing Assault
Combat Tactics
ATSKNF
All Models have Storm Bolter/Power Fist. Sergeant may exchange his Power Fist for a Power Sword for free.
Any Deathwing Veteran may exchange their Storm Bolter and/or Powerfist for the following:
-Combi-plas/flamer/melta for 5pts
-Storm Shield and/or Chainfist for Regular cost
-Angel's Fury for 15pts
One Deathwing Veteran may exchange their Storm Bolter for an Assault Cannon for Regular cost, or a Cyclone Missile Launcher for Regular cost, or a Plasma Cannon for 20pts
Equipment: Angel's Fury- Arm-mounted dual-coil Plasma Gun that counts as twin-linked.

Dreadnought....Regular Cost

Deathwing Dreadnought....175pts
Same Stats as Venerable Dreadnought
Deathwing Assault
Equipped with Assault Cannon and Plasma Cannon, in addition to regular wargear (minus arm weapons, of course).

Ironclad Dreadnought

Mortis Dreadnought.....170pts
WS4 BS5 S6 F12 S12 R10 I4 A1
The Mortis Dreadnought can mount one of the following weapons systems:
-Twin-Linked Missile Launchers for 20pts
-Twin-Linked Autocannons for 35pts
-Twin-Linked Plasma Cannons for 35pts
-Twin-Linked Lascannons for 40pts
The Mortis Dreadnought may take any of the following:
-Extra Armor for 15pts
-Hunter Killer Missile for 10pts

Hawkeye Squad....140pts
4 Hawkeye Marines and 1 Hawkeye Sergeant
Same Stats as Sternguard Marines
Lion's Fire
Lion's Resolve
Combat Squads
Combat Tactics
ATSKNF
Same Special Ammunition rules as Sternguard Marines.
Any model may replace their bolter with following:
-Combi-plas for free
-Combi-flamer/melta/grenade for 10pts
-Plasma Gun for 5pts (Squads composed entirely of Plasma Gunners are referred to as "Purifiers")
-Storm Bolter for Regular Cost
The Sergeant can replace his bolter with one choice from above, or a bolt pistol and close combat weapon for free. He may replace the bolt pistol with a plasma pistol for 10pts and/or the close combat weapon with a power sword for 15pts. He can purchase Melta Bombs for Regular cost, and/or a Teleport Homer for 10pts.
Two Hawkeye Marines can replace their bolters with any of the heavy weapon options availible to the Sternguard Marines for the Regular cost.

Techmarine
Same as regular Techmarine.
Lion's Fire
Lion's Resolve
Combat Tactics
ATSKNF

·
Registered
107 Posts
I like the Angel's Fury TL plasma termies.

·
Pally-HO!!!!
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fast Attack

Descending Angels....145pts
WS5 BS4 S4 T4 W1 I4 A2 Ld9 Sv3+
4 Descending Angels and 1 Sergeant
Lion's Fire
Lion's Resolve
Ravenwing Assault
Combat Squads
Combat Tactics
ATSKNF
May include up to 5 more Descending Angels for +22pts per model.
All models are equipped with a bolt pistol and chainsword.
Any model may exhange their bolt pistol and/or chainsword for:
-Plasma Pistol for 5pts
-Plasma Gun for 10pts
-Melta Gun for 15pts
-Power Sword for 15pts
-Storm Shield for 15pts
-Powerfist for 25pts
-Thunder Hammer for 30pts
-Angel's Fury for 15pts
Any model may purchase Melta Bombs for 5pts.
The entire squad may purchase jump packs for 12pts.
The Sergeant may exchange his chainsword for a Ritual Blade for 20pts.
Equipment: Ritual Blade- Two-handed. A model with a Ritual Blade cannot claim the bonus attack for having two weapons in melee combat. Every wound caused by the Ritual Blade counts as two for the purposes of determining who lost combat.

Ravenwing Bike Squadron and Speeder Squadron...Same
These are fine as-is, I think. Just give them the new Speeder variants and they're good.

Ravenwing Recon Bikers....85pts
WS4 BS4 S4 T4(5) W1 I4 A1 Ld8 Sv4+
2 Recon Bikers and 1 Recon Biker Sergeant (Ld9)
Lion's Fire
Lion's Resolve
Ravenwing Assault
ATSKNF
May include up to six more Recon Bikers for 22pts per model
Equipped with a Ravenwing Bike, Bolt Pistol, Frag/Krak Grenades and a Shotgun.
The Sergeant may exchange his bolt pistol and/or shotgun for :
-Plasma Pistol for 5pts
-Power Sword for 15pts
-Power Fist for 25pts
-Angel's Fury for 15pts
The Sergeant may take Melta Bombs for 5pts and/or a Teleport Homer for 15pts.
Up to three models may exchange their shotguns for:
-Flamer for free
-Plasma Gun for 10pts
-Melta Gun for 15pts
-Grenade Launcher for 10pts

·
Pally-HO!!!!
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Heavy Support

Devastator Squad....100pts
Same stats as Space Marine codex.
4 Devastators and 1 Sergeant
Lion's Fire
Lion's Resolve
Combat Squads
Combat Tactics
ATSKNF
The squad may include up to 5 more Devastators for 17pts per model.
Up to four Devastators may exchanger their bolters for:
-Heavy Bolter, Missile Launcher or Multi-Melta for free
-Plasma Cannon for 20pts
-Lascannon for 35pts
The Sergeant may exchange his bolt pistol and/or chainsword for:
-Plasma Pistol for 5pts
-Power Weapon for 15pts
-Power Fist for 25pts
-Storm Bolter for 10pts
The Sergeant may take Melta Bombs for 5pts and/or a Teleport Homer for 15pts.

Land Raider.....Same

Land Raider Redeemer
....Same

Land Raider Crusader
....Same

Land Raider Puriel....270pts
Same stats as Space Marine codex.
Power of the Machine Spirit
Assault Vehicle
The Land Raider Puriel has two side-mounted Plasma Cannons and a forward-mounted twin-linked Heavy Bolter, smoke launchers and a searchlight.
The Land Raider Puriel may take:
-Pintle Mounted Storm Bolter for 10pts
-Multi-Melta for 10pts
-Extra Armor for 15pts

Land Raider Ares....295pts
Same stats as a Land Raider.
Power of the Machine Spirit
The Land Raider Ares has a forward-mounted Demolisher Cannon, overhead-mounted twin-linked Assault Cannons, and side-mounted twin-linked Heavy Flamers, a Searchlight, Smoke Launchers and a Dozer Blade.
The Land Raider Ares may take any of the following:
-Extra Armor for 15pts
-Pintle-Mounted Storm Bolter for 10pts

Predator...Same

Whirlwind...Same

Vindicator....Same

Ironclad Dreadnought....Same

·
Registered
225 Posts

·
Pally-HO!!!!
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Headquarters

Company Master....110pts
WS5 BS6 S4 T4 W3 I5 A3 Ld10 Sv2+
Lion's Fire
Lion's Resolve
Combat Tactics
ATSKNF
Fearless
Rites of Battle (Same as Dark Angel Codex)
Equipped with Artificer Armor, Bolt Pistol, Chainsword, Frag/Krak Grenades, and an Iron Halo.
The Company Master may exchange his bolt pistol and/or chainsword for:
-Plasma Pistol for 5pts
-Storm Bolter for 5pts
-Combi-Plas, Flamer or Melta for 10pts
-Angel's Fury for 15pts
-Power Sword for 15pts
-Power Fist for 25pts
-Lightning Claw for 15pts
-Storm Shield for 15pts
The Company Master may take any of the following:
-Melta Bombs for 5pts
-Digital Weapons for 10pts
-Hellfire Rounds for 10pts
-Teleport Homer for 15pts
-Jump Pack for 25pts

Master of the Deathwing
....150pts
WS5 BS6 S4 T4 W3 I4 A3 Ld10 Sv2+
Lion's Fire
Lion's Resolve
Deathwing Assault
Combat Tactics
ATSKNF
Fearless
Rights of Battle
If the Master of the Deathwing is in your army, you may take Deathwing Veterans as Troops and Elite choices.
The Master of the Deathwing is equipped with Sanctified Terminator Armor, Storm Bolter and the Sword of Redemption.
Equipment: Sanctified Terminator Armor- Standard Terminator Armor with a 2+ armor save, and a 3+ Invulnerable Save.
Sword of Redemption- Master Crafted Power Sword. Models that suffer an unsaved wound from the Sword of Redeption must pass a Ld test or have their base Attacks reduced to 1 for the rest of the game. Bonus attacks from charging or equipment still apply.
The Master of the Deathwing may exchange his Storm Bolter for:
-Close Combat Weapon for free
-Angel's Fury for 15pts
-Power First for 25pts
-Chain Fist for 25pts
The Master of the Deathwing may take any of the following:
-Melta Bombs for 5pts
-Teleport Homer for 15pts

Master of the Ravenwing....210pts
WS5 BS6 S4 T4(5) W3 I6 A3 Ld10 Sv2+
Lion's Fire
Lion's Resolve
Combat Tactics
ATSKNF
Rites of Battle
Fearless
If the Master of the Ravenwing is in your army, you may take Ravenwing Bike Squadrons, Speeder Squadrons and Recon Bikers as Troops and Fast Attack choices.
The Master of the Ravenwing rides a Blessed Ravenwing Bike (confers a 3+ Invulnerable Save and mounts a twin-linked Bolter that fires Hellfire Rounds), and carries a Bolt Pistol, Sword of Redeption, and Artificer Armor.
The Master of the Ravenwing may exchange his Bolt Pistol for:
-Plasma Pistol for 5pts
The Master of the Ravenwing may take any of the following:
-Melta Bombs for 5pts
The Master of the Ravenwing may exchange his Blessed Ravenwing Bike for the Master of the Ravenwing's Land Speeder, which has the following profile:
BS6 F14 S14 R10
The Master of the Ravenwing's Land Speeder mounts a Heavy Bolter and Assault Cannon.
The Master of the Ravenwing may exchange his Blessed Ravenwing Bike for the Master's Jetbike, which follows all the rules for Jetbikes given in the Main Rulebook, and increses the Master of the Ravenwing's Toughness to 5. The Master's Jetbike mounts a Plasma Cannon and two twin-linked Boltguns.

Holder of the Keys....150pts
WS5 BS5 S4 T4 W3 I4 A2 Ld10 Sv3+
Lion's Fire
Lion's Resolve
Combat Tactics
Psyker
ATSKNF
Fearless
The Holder of the Keys is equipped with Power Armor, Bolt Pistol, Force Weapon, Frag/Krak Grenades, and a Psychic Hood.
A Holder of the Keyes may select up to three psychic powers at the start of the game. He may use one power per turn.
Dark Angels Psychic Powers:
Smite (same as Space Marine Codex)
Repent- Range 24"; One enemy unit has their Weapon Skill, Initiative and Attacks reduced to 1 until the start of your next turn. Bonus attacks for charging and equipment still apply.
Mighty Vengance- Range 18" S6 AP- Assault 3. Enemy units that suffer unsaved wounds must take a Pinning Test.
Null Zone- Same as Space Marine Codex
Mind Worm- Same as Dark Angel codex.
Gaze of Elyon- Range 18" S8 AP2 Heavy 1, Large Blast. Affects all units under the template, friendly and enemy. After all wounds have been worked out and casualties removed, roll a D6. On a 5+, the attack is cast again off the Holder of the Keys' first psychic test. After casualities have been removed the second time, roll a D6. On a 6+ the attack is cast again for the final time. If the Holder of the Keys fails his psychic test, place the large blast temple on top of him and work out the attack in addition to losing a wound from the psychic test.
Lion's Sanctity- All friend units within 8" recieve a 4+ Invulnerable Save. In addition, all successful enemy armor and invulnerable saves within 8" must be rerolled.
The Holder of the Keys may exchange his bolt pistol for:
-Plasma Pistol for 5pts
-Storm Bolter for 10pts
The Holder of the Keys may exchange his Power Armor, Bolt Pistol and Frag/Krak Grenades for Terminator Armor and:
-Storm Bolter for 30pts
-Combi-Plas, Flamer or Melta for 40pts
-Storm Shield for 45pts

Interrogator-Chaplain....130pts
WS6 BS5 S4 T4 W3 I5 A4 Ld10 Sv3+
Lion's Fire
Lion's Resolve
Combat Tactics
ATSKNF
Fearless
Litanies of Hate (same as Dark Angel Codex)
The Interrogator-Chaplain is equipped with Power Armor, Bolt Pistol, Crozius Arcanum, Rosarius, and Frag/Krak Grenades.
The Interrogator-Chaplain may exchange his Bolt Pistol for:
-Plasma Pistol for 5pts
-Storm Bolter for 10pts
-Power Fist for 25pts
The Interrogator-Chaplain may exchange his Power Armor, Bolt Pistol and Frag/Krak Grenades for Terminator Armor and:
-Storm Bolter for 30pts
-Combi-Plas, Flamer or Melta for 40pts
-Angel's Fury for 45pts
If Terminator Armor is not chosen, may take:
-Jump Pack for 15pts

Command Squad....Same as Space Marine Codex
Same Stats as Space Marine Codex.
A Company Master may take a Command Squad; the Command Squad does not take up an HQ slot on the Force Organization chart.
A Master of the Deathwing may take a unit of Deathwing Veterans as his Command Squad. One model may be upgraded to an Apothecary with a Narthecium for 20pts. One model may be upgraded to the Deathwing Standard Bearer for 20pts. The Deathwing Standard adds one Attack to all friendly models within 12".
A Master of the Ravenwing may take a unit of Ravenwing Bikers if he is mounted on a Blessed Ravenwing Bike, or a unit of Ravenwing Speeders if he is mounted in a Master's Jetbike or Master of the Ravenwing's Land Speeder. If he is mounted on a Blessed Ravenwing Bike, one model may be upgraded to an Apothecary with a Narthecium for 20pts, and one model may be upgraded to the Ravenwing Standard Bearer for 20pts. The Ravenwing Standard adds one Attack to all friendly models within 12".

·
Pally-HO!!!!
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Characters

Azrael, Master of the Dark Angels....Same as Dark Angel Codex +30pts
Exactly the same, except he has Eternal Warrior, Lion's Fire, Lion's Resolve, and Combat Tactics

Ezekial, Grand Master of Librarians
....Same as Dark Angel Codex +20pts
Exactly the same, except he has all the Dark Angels psychic powers, can use two per turn, and Feel No Pain.

Asmodai, Master Interrogator-Chaplain...170pts
WS6 BS5 S4 T5 W2 I5 A3 Ld10 Sv2+
Lion's Fire
Lion's Resolve
Combat Tactics
ATSKNF
Sinister Presence- All enemy models that begin their turn within 12" of Asmodai must make a Leadership check or immediately execute a Fall Back move.
If Asmodai is in your army, Interrogator-Chaplains may be taken as Elite and HQ choices.
Asmodai has Artificer Armor, the Purifier, the Blades of Reason, and a Rozarius.
Equipment: The Purifier is a master-crafted Plasma Pistol mounted to Asmodai's right arm. Any units that suffer unsaved wounds from the Purifier must take a Pinning Test.
Equipment: The Blades of Reason are two master-crafted Power Swords. Models wounded by the Blades of Reason must reroll successful Invulnerable Armor saves.

Nanael Och, Master of Artifice....130pts
WS5 BS5 S4(8) T4 W2 I4 A2 Ld10 Sv2+
Lion's Fire
Lion's Resolve
Combat Tactics
ATSKNF
Blessing of the Omnissiah
Bolster Defences
If Nanael Och is in your army, you may take Dreadnoughts and Deathwing Dreadnoughts as Elites and Heavy Support choices.
Equipment: Enhanced Servo Harness- Nanael Och's modified Servo Harness can be used as a Power Fist, a twin-linked Plasma Gun, or Heavy Flamer, but only one choice per turn.
Equipment: Conversion Beamer (As in the Space Marine Codex)

Captain Nathanael, Master of the 4th Company....210pts
WS5 BS6 S4(8) T4 W3 I5 A2 Ld10 Sv2+
Lion's Fire
Lion's Resolve
Combat Tactics
Rites of Battle
ATSKNF
Fearless
Captain Nathanael is equipped with Artificer Armor, a Bolt Pistol, an Angel's Fury, a Power Fist, Frag/Krak Grenades, and an Iron Halo.
If Captain Nathanael is in your army, you may nominate one infantry squad of at least 5 models; this squad's Plasma weaponry is Master-Crafted.
If Captain Nathanael is in your army, Hawkeye Squads count as scoring units.
An army that includes Captain Nathanael cannot also include Captain Galus Rex.

Captain Galus Rex, Master of the 3rd Company.....210pts
WS5 BS6 S4 T4 W3 I5 A3 Ld10 Sv2+
Lion's Fire
Lion's Resolve
Combat Tactics
Rites of Battle
ATSKNF
I Don't Think So- An army that includes Captain Galus Rex may reroll a Seize the Initiative roll.
Equipment: Lion's Tail- A master-crafted Power Sword. Captain Galus Rex can choose to make a single attack that has the Killing Blow special rule instead of his full number of attacks.
Equipment: Rex Arc Pistol- Plasma Pistol that hits at S8 AP1, but Get's Hot on a 1 or 2 roll to hit.
Equipment: Ald Rhuin Mantle- Artificer Armor. Confers a 4+ Invulnerable save and the Feel No Pain USR.
An army that includes Captain Galus Rex cannot also include Captain Nathanael.

Veteran Sergeant Zophiel.....80pts
WS5 BS8 S4 T4 W2 I4 A2 Ld9 Sv4+
Lion's Resolve
Ravenwing Assault
Combat Tactics
ATSKNF
Infiltrate
Move Through Cover
Scouts
Acute Senses
Stealth
Veteran Sergeant Zophiel is equipped with Scout Armor, Camo Cloak, Bolt Pistol, Close Combat Weapon, The Collector, and Frag/Krak Grenades.
Equipment: The Collector- Sniper Rifle with the following profile;
Range 36" S9 AP3 Heavy 1, Pinning, Rending
Veteran Sergeant Zophiel is purchased as an upgrade to a unit of Black Angels.

Rikbiel Azbogah, Master of Armour....185pts
WS4 BS5 S4 T4 W1 I4 A1 Ld9 Sv3+
Lion's Resolve
Combat Tactics
ATSKNF
Rikbiel Azbogah is equipped with Power Armor, a Bolt Pistol, a Chainsword, and Frag/Krak Grenades.
If Rikbiel Azbogah is in you army, you may purchase two Heavy Support choices for every one Heavy Support slot on the force organization chart.

·
Pally-HO!!!!
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
no Mortis dreadnought??, thats auto fail unfortunatly.
This I did not know about, thanks for bringing that to my attention! I've used a Dreadnought with two twin-linked Autocannons from time to time, and had no idea that was a actuall variant lol.

Also, the dark angels has a special land raider you failed to mention, would be better then making one up >P

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Land_Raider_Ares
Roger that. I actually remember reading about this, just not that it was a Dark Angel creation. Makes sense, though :biggrin:

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
I would lower the SC to BS:5.

·
Pally-HO!!!!
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
to add to the mortis problem you forgot Naaman as well, tut tut, unacceptable.
Naw I didn't forget him...just replaced him with Zophiel. Namaan wasn't all that interesting in the old codex, so I just decided to make a different scout character that was more badass...and also, less close-combat oriented.

As a lolwhat Codex it's fine. I would say good luck in getting anyone to play you twice though.

Aramoro
It's Defensive Fire isn't it? I knew it...I'm just sick and tired of all the Space Marine chapters with their own books being all about melee. Like I said earlier, I'm trying to make the Dark Angels a strictly shooty army...but in truth, Defensive Fire does seem totally cheesy.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Just before I start any sort of rant at how ridiculous this Fandex is, I have a serious question; Is this just for kick to see how cheesy you can make an army because you are bias towards it, or is this a serious homebrew Fandex you intend to try play people with?

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I think you should make defensive fire only apply to Sergeants and Independent characters. As for Lion Fire, I think it should allow you to reroll all gets hot rolls but you can't hit on the reroll of course. If you do this you should lower the point cost on certain units. Also give all Sergeants and Independent Characters Signum.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts