Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
#1 is The Lion trapped in the warp or is he in the Rock? I have heard rumors of both.

#2 I don't think Watchers in the Dark are the Hrud, any other options?

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
Lions in the rock, in the deepest chamber, 'asleep' which could and probably does mean stasis, watched over by the watchers in the dark unknown to anyone with the exception of the Emperor, possibly Luther, and some think Cypher knows somehow

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
#1 is The Lion trapped in the warp or is he in the Rock? I have heard rumors of both.

#2 I don't think Watchers in the Dark are the Hrud, any other options?
#1: In coma inside the rock.

#2: Jawas?

·
Registered
256 Posts
In The Rock, sounds like in a coma from the descriptions given, known as said above by the Watchers, the Emperor and it seems Cypher as well, The Watchers seem to me to be some sort of benevolent warp entities

·
Registered
310 Posts
I would think that the Watchers in the Dark would be some sort of warp creature, and by some of the writing in both of the Dark Angels Horus Heresy novels it would appear they are very, very powerful.

Also I believe that the Lion and Luther are both perfectly fine, and are just spooning in some secret love chamber somewhere inside the Rock. :grin:

No, but in all seriousness I would like to know about the Lion and Luther, them and the watchers are things I would love to know more about, I hope the next HH novel with the DA sheds more light on these things.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Huh did they even had a story on how the dark angels met watcher's I mean i'm shock they didn't try to purge them out of there monastery

·
Registered
142 Posts
The Lion has learned of their existence even before the emperor came to Calaban...it's in the HH book "descent of angels".

·
Registered
30 Posts
how does the rock travel to the other recruiting worlds? does it have some kind of propulsion or just drifts until it comes nere one and how does it function in space it being a monestary and not a space travelling vessel? haha i know probaly giving this way too much thought

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
how does the rock travel to the other recruiting worlds? does it have some kind of propulsion or just drifts until it comes nere one and how does it function in space it being a monestary and not a space travelling vessel? haha i know probaly giving this way too much thought

Some really, really, really big engines that throw it forward... Or at least I think so...

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
its capable of warp travel as well as using massive engines when in real-space. it stays pressurized by void shields that were there when caliban fell.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle wrote a very good book explaining the process by which large ships or objects such as the rock maintained shields and used drives capable of propelling and protecting them.

I think of the rocks void shields as using technology similar to the Langston field and Alderson Drive.

This lifted from wiki here

The novel (The Mote in Gods Eye) is an example of hard science fiction in that close attention is paid to scientific detail. Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle are noted for writing in this genre, and it is especially evident in this work with regard to the theoretical mechanics and physics of interplanetary travel. The book's Alderson Drive and Langston Field are literary inventions, but they are presented against a background of established scientific knowledge.

·
Registered
457 Posts
It's also possible that as an astartes fortress monastery The Rock could have been capable of sealing itself against the outside atmosphere in case of Biological attack. I mean if something like a Titan can seal itself off and survive the Life Eater Virus it's just as feasable that a major facility like that would be capable of the same thing.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Ive always had this crazy idea about the Watchers. In Legion the Cabal states theyve talked to all Primarchs at some point and they find the most logical one to be Alpharius as hes the youngest and his mind is the least frakked up kinda.

My theory is that the representatives of the Cabal meets up with Fulgrim in the book with the same name in the form of Eldars and that the Watchers are also a part of the Cabal as they kinda do the same thing there, coming and warning about the Warp and stuff, you guys follows me there?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I would love to see a new book and codex, especially after seeing all the new toys the other chapters get to play with.

My Idea is the Watchers are a peaceful, but very powerful in the warp, xenos creature. I think after meeting the Lion in order to help preserve themselves they decided to help the Dark Angels, or just out of the kindness of their hearts? And if they are xenos it would prove not all space marine chapters are xenophobes.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Huh i was thinking the watchers were an evolution decendent's of human psykers that were exiled from the normal caliban people in which they made there home in the forest were over time there powers started to increase which would also give them advantage to survive in the forest

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Huh i was thinking the watchers were an evolution decendent's of human psykers that were exiled from the normal caliban people in which they made there home in the forest were over time there powers started to increase which would also give them advantage to survive in the forest
Nope, your wrong, cause they are still Jawas! :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts