Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

So here is my updated Deathwing List. All assembled, all painted, all highlighted, all bases made. Ready to go.

So please coment on any changes you may suggest so I can improve this army a bit more. :)

Please bare in mind that I'm doing the list on the WYSIWYG rule. So, of course I may use some proxies here and there but I intend to have things as truthful as possible.

So here goes:

Deathwing (1800pts)

Dark Angels: Codex (2015) (DA Deathwing Strike Force) (1800pts)

• HQ (325pts)
    • Belial (190pts)

• Librarian (135pts)

Auspex, Melta Bomb, Combi-Plasma, Force Stave
      • Psyker Level 2
      • Terminator Armour

• Elites (1475pts)
    • Deathwing Command Squad (250pts)

1x Chainfists, 1x Deathwing Apothecary, 1x Deathwing Champion, 1x Deathwing Company Banner, 5x Deathwing Terminators, 1x Plasma Cannon
      Deathwing Sergeant
      • Power Sword, Storm Bolter

• Deathwing Knights (250pts)

• Deathwing Terminator Squad (540pts)

1x Cyclone Missile Launcher, 5x Deathwing Terminators (incl. Sergeant), 5x Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield
      • Land Raider Crusader (265pts)

Extra Armour, Storm Bolter

• Deathwing Terminator Squad (225pts)

1x Assault Cannon, 1x Chainfists, 5x Deathwing Terminators (incl. Sergeant)

• Venerable Dreadnought Squadron (210pts)
      • Venerable Dreadnought (210pts)

Extra Armour, Plasma Cannon
        • Drop Pod (60pts)

Deathwind Launcher, Locator Beacon
        • Power Fist

Heavy Flamer
So the Idea here is to have some firepower but, most of all get up close and personal with the enemy in order to tear him apart.

I'd put the libby in the Land Raider and have him speed up to the enemy while Belial, the Venerable Chamael and all the other termies deep strike.

Don't know actually if this is a feasable army but it's what I got for now and I'm super siked to try it out. :so_happy:

So let me know what you think! If you'd like to view some picks of my Dark Angels, please feel free to visit my gallery.

Thanks for comenting! You know what time it is...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Ntaw,

Thanks again for the valuable advice.

I thought I could go only Deathwing and achieve some success. I didn't know that part about having to deep strike a Land Raider. I also think that's pretty silly, by the way.

How's he going to arrive? Drop out of the sky? Weird...

a) I could always make some Tau allies... Gods know I have loads of them for show. A small Cadre would be able to preserve the dreadnought long enough for the rest of the army to arrive.

b) May I take a Ravenwing unit in such a detachment? I thought it was exclusive Deathwing...

c) More dreads are always an option but I fear that with the Tau, for instance More Dreads would just mean more Kills in the scoreboard. Wouldn't they be chopped to pieces?

Interesting thoughts anyway. I thought I would be able to deepstrike a huge part of the army straight on the first turn... Maybe I got the deathwing strike rules confused somehow?

Great Ideas about the alpha strike, though. I thought pods couldn't take termies...

Anyway, I'll look into it.

Thanks again for the valuable insights, mate!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.