Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Pally-HO!!!!
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do you have to use ONLY the DA codex or can you take a Chapter Master option from the regular SM codex? azreal is cool but he isnt suited well to my army's style

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Afraid not. You can only use whats in the DA Dex. Otherwise nobody would be using DA Combat Squads and would be min-maxing like crazy using the SM Dex entry.

·
Inquisitor
963 Posts
Must use DA Codex.. but if Azreal isnt to your liking then turn to page 80 and pick one of THEIR Company Masters. Enjoy!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Why wouldn't you just use a Company Master? That or a Chaplain? Or one of the other special characters like Belial or Sammael? Azrael is too expensive point wise IMO. Not a good selection.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Nope, you can't take a generic Chapter Master / Grandmaster in 4th like you could in 2nd, 3rd and 3.5. Apparently the Chapter Masters of all the Unforgiven Chapters now have the Sword of Secrets, Lion Helm and Watcher in the Dark. There must be a forge somewhere pumping them out.

Azrael has his uses, but he's definitely not for everyone. I agree with the suggestion that a generic Company Master would be a good choice. He's not as killy as a Chapter Master, but he's still decent and pretty cheap too boot.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
I hesitate to tread on the (semi-heretical, half-damned) turf of the Secret Masters of the Unforgiven, being a pure-hearted and irreproachable scion of Ultramar, but to look at it the other way for a moment... if you want to use a Codex: SM Chapter Master, why not go the whole krootox and use Codex: SM to build the whole army? Turn your back on this corrupt nest of almost-renegades and embrace the light of the Codex Astartes.

(beats hasty retreat while sinister robed figures hiss through their teeth...)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts