Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Have we actually seen that the Lion's Blade gives ObjSec? I haven't seen all of the screen captures, myself.

Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of Dark Angels from a green-wing perspective. As Midnight has said, Dark Angels can be a bit lackluster doing what smurfs do. I have described the army as very strong at 'take and hold', which Grim Resolve can do, but...

Maybe it's just me, but I feel that Dark Angels can do far better by being Dark Angels. Ravenwing. Deathwing. Etc. Right now this army list can LITERALLY be built as a C:SM list for absolutely no change, get the tactical doctrines instead of situational Overwatch... and you could even add the landspeeder Formation, since it's a Formation.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
You get 12 free Razorbacks out of this list. How much are they? 60? You don't get the lascannons for free, only the hulls. So that can't be more than 3-400 points. I can't math right now.

The Adeptus Mechanicus War Convocation actually gives you far more free stuff; I figured out I can get 700 points of upgrades out of that list. Less tactically flexible, but bigger 'oomph' out of the special weapons.

I guess where I'm going with this is that I'd rather run a Lion's Blade with just one Demi and get some variety than a few more razorbacks. ObjSec DW Redemption Force, anyone?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts