Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noob question here.
According to the FoC of the Dark Angels codex, evert army must have at least 2 troops. Howover, I saw many DA army list (on many forums), more specificly Deathwing and Ravenwing armies that place the Terminator and the Ravensquad in troops slots while the codex states they are Elite and Fast attack.

I've seen that so many times that it's more likely that I ignore a rule than everyone else is wrong :) Could someone explain this to me?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Yep, various codexes allow you to take what would normally be an Elite or whatever as a Troop choice. For DA, it's the Ravenwing/Deathwing characters, for Orks some mekboy character allows you to take a dread as a Troop, I think SW can do it with Logan and Wolfguard. And so on.

·
Death Before Dishonour
1,430 Posts
For the examples given with a DA Deathwing army Terminators can be taken as a Troop choice, and with a DA Ravenwing army Ravensquad (bikers?) can be taken as a Troop choice. It is simply an alternate Troop choice option

Grish

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the information.
Could someone point me towards the source material for this rule? I checked the DA codex for Belial and Sammael but I see nothing in their description about that rule.
I'm thinking building a DA army and I would like to be able to justify my list with the books :) Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts