Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
(forgot to include 1500points into the title, can a mod edit that? Thank you)
So this is my first army list and I do want a good review on it :victory: Help out please :)

I based it off my DA from Dark Vengeance set the rest of the units I will pick up before New Year :)

I really want a Dreadnought or 2 in my army and so far from playing ravenwing assault squad... well i just dont know how to play them well they always end up dieing fast and useless.
I will mainly play against my friend with Chaos Space marines and maybe against another one who wants to try Necrons. However with an idea in my head, I tried to make a good all around army. I mainly want just a fun army to play with, but being quite competitive I do see myself playing in tournaments in near future ( moving to Nottingham in 2 years to finish my studies)
I used Battlescribe to create the army list

1500P Dark Angels 6th Ed (FAQ April 2013) (Primary Detachment) Selections:

(No Category) (365pts)

• 5x Deathwing Command Squad (365pts)
    Assault Cannon , Chainfist , Cyclone Missile Launcher , Deathwing Champion , Banner of Fortitude , Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield
HQ (190pts)

• Belial (190pts)
    Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield
Elites (430pts)

• 5x Deathwing Knights (245pts)
  • Perfidious Relic of the Unforgiven , Flail and Mace

• Dreadnought (185pts)
  • Venerable Dreadnought ,Extra Armour , Power Fist with Storm Bolter, Twin Linked Autocannon
    • Drop Pod
      Locator Beacon
Troops (350pts)

• 10x Tactical Squad (195pts)
  • Heavy Bolter , Meltagun,
    • Rhino (35pts)
    • Sergeant with Bolt Pistol, Boltgun
  • 5x Tactical Squad (155pts)
  • Multi-Melta,
    • Razorback (75pts) , Twin Linked Lascannon
Heavy Support (165pts)

• 5x Devastator Squad (165pts)
  • 4x Plasma Cannon
    • Rhino (35pts)
    • Sergeant with Bolt Pistol, Boltgun, Signum
Tactics,
Belial, with Deathwing deep strike on turn 2, with Dread drop podding behind them. Troops provide fire support and score. Razorback should help with clearing any heavy units? Devatators should help with any horde units and mid/heavies.

I am still new to Wh40k table top but for me it seems like a good all around army. :clapping:
My CSM friend said he is getting lots of cultists, 3 obliterators, plague marines , daemon prince and some other stuff.
Also Is Terminator Librarian ML 2 worth it?
Cheers

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Firstly, putting the points cost next to options is against the rules (we don't want GW Legal coming for us!).

Belial (190pts)
Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield
5x Deathwing Command Squad
Assault Cannon, Chainfist, Cyclone Missile Launcher, Deathwing Champion, Banner of Fortitude, Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield
You can only take one Heavy Weapon per squad, sadly, so this isn't legal. I'd run them as all Thunder Hammers/Storm Shields with Cyclone Missile Launcher instead.

5x Deathwing Knights
Perfidious Relic of the Unforgiven
Nice, but since you're paying to make Deathwing Terminators scoring, I'd go for Thunder Hammer/Storm Shield Terminators instead.

Dreadnought
Venerable Dreadnought, Extra Armour, Power Fist with Storm Bolter, Twin Linked Autocannon
Drop Pod
Replace the Autocannon with a Multi-Melta for a more powerful alpha strike. The Autocannon is good in pairs when you're on foot, but since you're in a Drop Pod, you're nullifying the main problem of the Multi-Melta, and with BS5 you don't need Twin-Linked. Locator Beacon is unnecessary, everything's going to be showing up turn 1 anyway.

10x Tactical Squad
Heavy Bolter, Meltagun and Rhino
Swap the Heavy Bolter for a Missile Launcher or Multi-Melta, either will serve you better.

5x Tactical Squad
Multi-Melta in Razorback with Twin Linked Lascannon
Can't take a Multi-Melta at 5-man, and the Lascannon/Plasma Gun is a superior choice for a Razorback. Change the Multi-Melta to a Meltagun and you're golden.

5x Devastator Squad
4x Plasma Cannon, Rhino
Euch, not so good. Upgrade to Lascannons or switch to Missile Launchers.

Ultimately, not looking so good. Belial's only worth it with three or more units of Deathwing Terminators, and you have precisely zero units of Deathwing Terminators (his FOC swap only applies to the Elites unit, 'Deathwing Terminators').

Midnight

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I'd run them as all Thunder Hammers/Storm Shields with Cyclone Missile Launcher instead.
Can you do this with DWCSs? I know there's the FAQ that makes sergeants of DW squads unable to swap their PSs/SB for anything else. Don't have my codex with me to check up on the command squad entry.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Belial worth it only if you take 2 squads of DW...Though nothing is set in stone, it depends on the list. However in this list, swap the Knights for another DW squad and he will be worth it.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
So I changed the list around taking the suggestions into consideration.
removing more units and taking Deathwing, I might have just aswell gone full DW army with Land Raiders for heavy support.
So I decided to ditch Belial and get Interogator Chaplain for Zealot.:victory:
Left teleport homer on Dreadnought for Terminators to DS on him. 10 Tacts in rhino, 6 tacts in razorback, for scoring.
Removed champion from command squad to make em more shooty.

Dark Angels GW/DW 1499 points
(No Category) (325pts)

• 5x Deathwing Command Squad (365pts)
    Assault Cannon,Banner of Fortitude
HQ (140pts)

• Interrogator-Chaplain (140pts) Terminator Armor Upgrade

Elites (445pts)

• 5x Deathwing Knights (245pts)
  • Perfidious Relic of the Unforgiven ,Flail and Mace

• Dreadnought (185pts)
  • Venerable Dreadnought ,Extra Armour , Power Fist with Storm Bolter, Assault-Cannon
    • Drop Pod (45pts)
      Locator Beacon
Troops (364pts)

• 10x Tactical Squad (195pts)
  • Meltagun,Multi-Melta
    • Rhino (35pts)
  • 5x Tactical Squad (155pts)
  • Multi-Melta
    • Razorback (75pts) ,Lascannon and Twin Linked Plasmagun
Heavy Support (225p)

• 5x Devastator Squad
  • 4x Lascanons,
    • Razorback with Lascanon and Twin-Linked Plasmacanon
    • Sergeant with Bolt Pistol, Boltgun, Signum

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
You need to remove all itemised point costs from your lists. You can show the total cost of a squad or vehicle etc but nothing below that.

·
Registered
107 Posts
You could get two normal ones for this (or close to if DP is included) and assault cannon isn't that exciting out of a DP

Dreadnought (185pts)
Venerable Dreadnought ,Extra Armour , Power Fist with Storm Bolter, Assault-Cannon
  • Drop Pod (45pts)
    Locator Beacon
If also found that Devastators need some normal guys to take the fall

15 scoring models is probably enough either.

the current list would probably work better using normal SM rules

1 - 9 of 9 Posts