= Troops =

245- Deathwing terminators- heavy flamer, chapter banner, 4x lightning claws

220- Deathwing terminators- heavy flamer, th/ss, 3x lightning claws

250- Deathwing terminators- assault cannon, chainfist, lightning claws

= Elites =

155- Dreadnought- twin-linked lascannon, missile launcher

155- Dreadnought- twin-linked lascannon, missile launcher

= Fast =

195- Ravenwing bike squad- 2x melta-guns, melta-bombs, attack bike w/ multi-melta

= Heavy =

250- Land raider crusader
250- Land raider

--------------

2000 pts total

Belial and the chappy go together with the first termy squad in the crusader. With the banners extra attacks and all the re-roll to hit and wound this squad should have no problem taking on almost anything. The second termy squad gets the other raider. The lone hammer is for any mc's out there. I plan on using the bikes to find a good spot to drop off the final deathwing squad. Could be an objective or right up in my opponents face. Then they go out tank hunting. The two dredds roles are obvious. These guys always perform great for me. Let me know what you think guys. All questions, comments, suggestions are more then welcome.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Looks really good apart from one thing, the landraider can only carry six terminators so you cant put belial the chaplain and the banner squad in together, thats seven unless my maths have really deteriorated in the last while.:grin:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can put 16 in the crusader. That's room enough for 8 terminators. That's why I have one of each type of raider. The regular one only fits five termys. Dark angels have smaller land raiders then everyone else.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Can't you only put one unit in a vehichle though? Belial would be a separate unit if you have the chappy attached to the termies.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Can't you only put one unit in a vehichle though? Belial would be a separate unit if you have the chappy attached to the termies.
more then one IC can join a unit (unless theres some rule against it?)

the reason people offen dont is because it makes that unit a massive target

·
Registered
581 Posts
the list looks great though i would put the chappy with the other lightening claw termies. the extra attack and the re rolls would be a bit of over kill in belials squad. Not to mention they would take a lot of fire. Its only a personal opinion though. but as i said the list looks great.

you also only have 3 troop choices so another option would be to drop the chappy and one of the dreads and get samaael in his speeder(av14). This would make your ravenwing troops as well.

Just a thought though.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Lion. I agree on splitting up the hqs into their own raiders but that would mean they both need to be crusaders. I already own the regular land raider and am using this list to justify buying a second. The excuse being I need a crusader (damn the DA and their smaller then average land raiders). I understand the crusader will take most the fire because of it's payload so i plan on trying to use one raider to try to cover the other. As far as using sammael goes, I run a dual-wing list with only one raider and it usually does really well. He is a little pricey after paying 500 points for the two raiders. he would only be turning 1 squad into troops and those bikes are usually on suicide missions anyway.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Yeah i know what you mean about the suicide missions, i usually run my ravenwing like that too. Pop a couple of tanks then get cut to pieces.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Upgrade at least one apothecary into your army, both Belial and the Chaplain or Sammuel allow you to take up to 2 apoths, place an apoth in the bikes and/or in the deathwing squad you expect to absorb the most ranged firepower. The apoth denies killppoints to your enemy and really shines when you are shot at, the inclusion of an apoth allows you ignore any one models failed armour save (when not in combat and within 6 inches) gold ..... it use it. I love the look on opponents face when a deathwing staggers back from a mortal wound then stands back up after I play the apoth.
Remember the apoth does not need to be in that squad just within 6 inches of any friendly squad.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts