Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah this list is going to suck but i want to have fun with at the RTT as its proly going to be my last one and wanted to get some feedback on my list. I will be making changes to it based on comments but please no "Change x unit to y unit and give them z wargear and you'll autowin."

Sammael
Speeder

Interrogator-Chaplain
Jump-pack

Ravenwing Assault Squad
6 men
Powerfist
2 x Meltaguns
Attack Bike - MM
Land Speeder - MM, HB

Ravenwing Assault Squad
6 men
Powersword
2 x Flamers
Attack Bike - HB
Land Speeder - Asscan, HB

Tactical Squad
10 men
Plasmagun
Lascannon

Tactical Squad
10 men
Powerfist
Meltagun
Missile Launcher

Assault Squad
10 men
Powersword
2 x Flamers

2 x Whirlwinds

Anything else that would fit into the list? I tried to make it a take all comers but i dont know. The first ravenwing is anti-tank the second is anti-horde. The chappy rides with the assault squad and delivers hurt to anything thats in combat with anything else. Tac squads hold my objectives while speeders if still alive contest opponets and whirlwinds deliver ranged templates against hordes or infantry out of tanks.

·
Registered
257 Posts
My 2 cents would be that being it may be a competitive tourny, you may see more mech that your one bike squad could handle. I understand the need for the whillwinds in case of horde armies, but maybe switch out the 2 for a dakka pred to help pop some armor. Rhinos for your tact squads would also provide them with a little bit more flexibility.

Personally, I found the Assault squad to be too many points for their capability. They are great, but if you get charged by another CC unit, or tar pitted, its a lot of points that has gone to waste. If you wish to keep your Assault squad... I would give that Veteran the power fist over the veteran in your tact squad.

I'm more familiar with Deathwing compared to Ravenwing, so I don't know how this list will perform, but it looks great and should be lots of fun.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the advice but i dont have any preds and the place im going to play at is strictly wysiwyg. i love the assaut squad and will probably give the sarge a fist if i keep it. i was just going to keep the tacs back as much as possiable so i wasn't sure if getting a rhino would be worth it.
thanks for the last line was really hoping for fun and if i lose oh well, if i win wtf how'd that happen?

·
Registered
17 Posts
How did the list perform? I feel silly bringing my Ravenwing/Deathwing to a tournament, but I like them best fluff-wise. My lists are all very strict bikes/speeders/terminators only though as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts