Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi there everyone

I have another game against my friend who plays guard, we have had three games so far and his won the two 2000 games we had and i won the 1000 points game.

We are having another 2000 point game, he usually uses a few platoons with heavy weapons teams with mixed weapons, command squads, psykers, a taurex prime (i think that's how you spell it), bullgrims, sometimes sentinels and rough riders. And his recently started using a inquisitor with a bodyguard (which is scary as fook).

I've written up this list so just wondering what everyone thinks

HQ
Interrogator Chaplain- Plasma Pistol – 125 points
Librarian- Terminator Armour- Level 2 – 130 points

TROOPS
10 Man tactical Squad- Plasma Gun, Plasma Cannon, Plasma Pistol – 195 Points
10 Man tactical Squad- Plasma Gun, Plasma Cannon, Plasma Pistol – 195 Points
5 Man Scout Squad- Sniper Rifles- 60 Points

ELITES
Dreadnought- Assault Cannon- Heavy Flamer – 145 Points
Dreadnought- Assault Cannon- Heavy Flamer- 145 Points
5 Man Deathwing- Cyclone Launcher- 225 Points

FAST ATTACK
6 man Ravenwing attack Squadron, Flamer – 164 Points
5 man Ravenwing attack, Flamer- 137 Points
2 Land Speeders – 2 flamers, Multi Meltas – 120 Points

HEAVY SUPPORT
Predator- Lascannon, Heavy Bolters – 120 Points
Land Raider – 250 points

Total- 2011

I will camp the scout squad on one of the objectives and take shots at the inquisitor and its bodyguard to thin them down before they get into close combat, the chaplain will run with one of the tac squads which i will break down into 4 - 5man squads, to go capture objectives. The dreadnoughts will just plod forward and thin as many of his platoons as possible, while the land speeders will be doing flame templates across them or zooming to the heavy weapon teams at the back/tank hunting.

The bikes will just be hassling everything and performing hit and runs and templates, while the land raider will be tank hunting/soaking up fire away from everything else, ill deepstrike the librarian and the deathwing on turn 2 to take an objective on his board edge

So yeah? what does everyone think?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts