Hope this answer all your questions and fuels your fire.Dark Angels rumour compilation, these are RUMOURS only and should not be taken as confirmed information, if you want that await the codex release.
• Grandmaster – Azarael
Wargear Krak & Frag grenades, bolt pistol, Protector (artificer armour), Lion Helm (provides invulnerable save for Azarael and any unit he joins), Sword of Secrets(MC Power weapon +2S) and Lions Wrath (MC Combi plasma).
• Belial – Master of the Deathwing
- Wargear Terminator armour, storm bolter and Sword of Silence
- May change weapons to lightning claws or Thunder hammer/Storm shield for free.
- If Belial is included in an army one Terminator squad may be upgraded to a Deathwing command squad (Deathwing standard bearer and Apothecary).
• Sammael – Master of the Ravenwing
- Wargear Power Armour, Frag & Krak Grenades, Bolt Pistol, Iron Halo, Raven Sword, Adamantine Mantle, Jetbike (armed with TL-Storm Bolters & under slung Plasma Cannon)
- May switch to his Land Speeder in which case he now counts as a vehicle and wargear becomes ceremonial (having no in-game use). Shield of night now provides AV14 front and sides.
- If Sammael is included in a army one attack squadron may be upgraded to a Ravenwing command squad (Ravenwing standard bearer and Apothecary).
• Company Master (Master of the 3rd, 4th and 5th companies)
- May take a five man command squad but doesn’t have to join them.
• Ezekiel – Grandmaster of the Librarians
- Wargear Frag & Krak grenades, Secrets Shield (Artificer Armour), Deliver (MC Bolt Pistol), Traitor’s Bane (MC Force Weapon), Book of Salvation (all DA units within 12” are Fearless), and Psychic Hood, comes with both DA Psyker powers plus Mindworm.
• Dark Angels Librarian
- Pretty much the same as codex Space Marines except has two unique powers – Hellfire (Template str2D6-2 APD6) and Force Barrier (once per turn LD test ignore damage (not effective against psycannons/C’tan etc)).
• Dark Angels Chaplain
- Pretty much the same as codex Space Marines, may be upgraded to Interrogator Chaplains
- May take Terminator armour, bikes or Jump Packs.
• Dark Angels Command squads (max 5 models) are a HQ choice but do not take up a HQ slot you can take one for IC but they do not automatically form a retinue and may separate.
• Deathwing Terminator squad
- Squad Size is five models (no more/no less).
- All members of the Deathwing are fearless
- Only one heavy weapon per squad (One assault cannon, one Cyclone launcher or one heavy flamer).
- Squad can include a mixture of standard and close combat terminators.
- Uses special rule ‘Deathwing Assault’ up to 50% of terminator squads may deepstrike in the first turn without having to roll for deepstrike.
- Terminators are cheaper than the old Dark Angel codex but more expensive than Codex Space Marine Terminators
- Terminator standard equipment includes teleport homers.
• Company Veterans squad
- Base of five models and up to an additional five (although a max. squad of ten is needed to use the rule ‘combat squads’).
- Can take a mixture of weaponry (combi-weapons, storm bolters, special and heavy weapons).
- Counts as elites but does not use an Elite slot in the FoC.
- One Techmarine may be taken for each non transport vehicle included in an army.
• Dark Angels Scout Squad
- Base is five marines and veteran sgt.
- May include a further five scouts.
- Armed with Krak, Frag and bolt pistol and one of the following as standard – Bolter, Shotgun or Close Combat weapon.
- Shotgun is now S4 (Manstopper rounds)
- Rest of options similar to scout squads.
• Tactical squad
- Uses ‘combat squads’ rule
- May take a special weapon if five marines and a special and heavy weapon if ten marines (heavy weapon includes plasma cannon)
• Ravenwing Attack squadron (If Master of the Ravenwing taken).
• Deathwing Terminator Squad (If Master of the Deathwing taken).
• Assault squad
- Uses ‘combat squads’ rule
- May remove jump packs to count as infantry and can take a Rhino or Drop pod at no additional points cost.
• Ravenwing Attack Squadron
- Base of three bikes (may add another three to a maximum of six.
- All Ravenwing bikes are fearless.
- All Ravenwing bikes (including attack bikes) come with teleport homers and Scout USR as standard
- Two bikes may take a special weapon (flamer, melta or plasma at a points cost).
- Attack bike can be added as standard
- If squadron consists of maximum bikes (six) then a land speeder Tornado may be added.
- Squadron is deployed at the same time but may be separated into four scoring units (2x3 bikes, 1 x attack bike and 1 x land speeder Tornado).
• Ravenwing Support Squadron
- Base is one land speeder.
- May include up to four more land speeders, one may be a Tornado and one more a Typhoon.
- May use ‘combat’ squads rule allowing squad to be split into 2x5 marines; this allows you to split out heavy weapons into two units.
• Vehicles come with searchlights and smoke launchers as standard equipment.
• Drop pods and Predator annihilators (w/lascannon sponsons) more expensive all other vehicles remain at the same price or are cheaper.
• Whirlwinds have an option for incendiary missiles that remove cover saves.
• Dreadnoughts may take a Plasmacannon or Twin-linked Autocannon.
• All Dark Angels power armoured squads come with krak, frag and bolt pistols as standard
• All Dark Angels squads are led by veteran sergeants.
• Standards of Fortitude, Devastation and Retribution now come under a single classification of ‘sacred standard’ and require a interrogator chaplain in the army to use.
• No veteran skills available to Dark Angels.
• Codex follows the same format as the recently released Eldar codex.
• ‘Combat squads’ used for many selections, base is five models and then may be given another five models for a maximum of 10. When deployed unit may be split into two separate scoring units.
• Jink Save for the Ravenwing is gone.
• Stubborn and Intractable are gone.
• Rules for Cypher are not included in the codex
• No Mortis Dreadnought in the codex.
• Several new HQ models including two new captains (already seen) along with remakes of named characters.
• Dark Angels upgrade sprue (similar to the Black Templars one but of better quality), icons for vehicle upgrades (no separate door sets). Including Deathwing parts and robed bodies.
• New Ravenwing sprue (including parts for the MotRW landspeeder)
• New Land Speeder sprue including parts for Tornado and Typhoon.
• Armydeal (Dark Angels) and Battleforce (Ravenwing) will be available
• New model for Cypher.
• Cypher is getting a new model. The new model of Cypher is confirmed, due for a late release. The model is in a pose crossed between the Emperor's champion and the LOTR Witch King. I hope you get what I mean. He is looking slightly downwards, and is armed with a very nice sword and some pistol I didn't recognise.
Yes you should . I personally want a Deathwing army. Turn 1 deep strike?? That's sooooo broken.Alpharius said:After reading all of those rumors, I'm going to need a more experienced 4th edition Marine player to tell me if I should get excitied about a possible Ravenguard and/or Deathwing army....
Explain please.pathwinder14 said:... I personally want a Deathwing army. Turn 1 deep strike?? That's sooooo broken.
Ummmm. . . no. In order to get 2 squads in on turn 1 you have to have at least FOUR terminator squads. 2 squads out of 3 is greater than 50% of your terminators.Therefore in order to get two Deathwing squads in on turn 1, I need to have at least three Deathwing squads held in reserve.
Actually 50% of 3 is 1.5, and rounded up is 2.Soulmage said:Ummmm. . . no. In order to get 2 squads in on turn 1 you have to have at least FOUR terminator squads. 2 squads out of 3 is greater than 50% of your terminators.
Yes, this option appears to be the most popular choice for those players unhappy with the loss of the second heavy weapon for the Deathwing squads. However none of the "Lysanderwing" squads will be able to include a Standard Bearer in Terminator Armour (with the Deathwing Company Standard) or an Apothecary in Terminator Armour.Which is why I just picked up 2 squads of scouts and will be running my Deathwing as Lysanderwing from now on!!
I understand what the claim is. The problem is, unless the rule states that you round up, then you don't get to and it takes 4 squads to get two squas in with the deathwing assault rule.Actually 50% of 3 is 1.5, and rounded up is 2.
So only 3 DW squads are needed to allow 2 squads to "Deathwing Assault" in on turn 1.