BS 5
S 5
T 4
W 3
I 5
A 4
Ld 10
Sv 2+/5++

Wargear: Terminator armour, Mark of Khorne, Bloodmonger, Combi-Melta, Personal Icon

Special rules: Fearless, Deranged, Deep strike, Independant Character.

Bloodmonger: Bloodmonger is a daemon weapon of Khorne that Danthus has great power over, given his strength. The Bloodmonger is not resolved as a daemon weapon of Khorne, instead it acts as a power weapon that gives him +1 attack and for every unsaved wound caused, Danthus immediately makes another attack. (Such is the fury of the Blood God)

Deranged: Danthus is totally insane, and will not hesitate in punishing his men for mistakes. If a unit Danthus has joined or is leading loses an assault, roll one D6 for every model in the unit, excluding Danthus. On a 1, the model suffers 1 S5 hit, with no armour saves allowed as Danthus weeds out the weak from his men

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'm afraid he is quite strong indeed. I mean the potential for 10+ attacks that ignore armor is quite insane to say the least. Granted it is still a daemon weapon meaning you could roll a 1 and then your character could potentially suffer a wound. But at S6, even if you roll poorly for your extra attacks, you roll 2+ to wound against marines and you will get sooo many extra attacks it's hardly fair at all. The best way to balance it out without getting rid of the Bloodmonger is to instead remove his Indomitable Brute rule and keep his S at 4. Aside from that the character sounds pretty badass. I'm a little iffy about that Deranged rule but playtest it and see how it goes.

BTW how much does this guy cost?

·
Registered
7,314 Posts
Overpowered really. Unless he costs upwards of 400 points obviously. If he rolls averagely with the Daemon Weapon he'll have 8 attacks , hit with 6, wound with 5, make another 5 attacks hit with 3 wound with all probably make another 3 attacks hit with 2 wound with 2, make another 2 attacks etc etc.

You need to make it so he only receives bonus attacks from his base attacks no bonus attacks from bonus attacks. Also make it a Daemon Weapon properly so it twats him on a 1.

Aramoro

·
Registered
800 Posts
Far to overpowered.

Strength 6 because he has the strength of a 100 men? Pretty sure most marines have this sort of strength. His Daemon weapon rule is to powerful also, bonus attacks on bonus attacks with no saves?

Also inconsistent, he allows no saves against enemies but when he attacks his own men they are aloud.

·
Ancient Relic
2,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
okay, i can see where he is too powerful. what if i reduced his strength to 5 and made his weapon give him a bonus attack( for being armed with 2 ccw), but keep the immediate extra attacks. the reason armour saves are allowed on his own men is that he is punching them rather than chopping them with his axe.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Pretty sure a Lord dedicated to Khorne the Blood God would not opt to punch even his own men if he had a crazy weapon like the Blood Monger. I'm sure he'd much rather chop off their heads and offer their skulls to the skull thrown. In light of this, it is probably best to take Aramoro's advice about the weapon and reduce his strength to at least 5 and make rolls of 1 to hit count as hitting his own men and resolve the attacks as if they were getting chopped by the axe not a fist to the face.

·
Ancient Relic
2,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
okay, i have edited his rules and strength, tell me what you think now

·
Ancient Relic
2,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mark of khorne is included in his profile( i must have deleted that by accident), and there is no attack bonus for giving terminator armour, so he would have 5 attacks normally, 6 on the charge.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Try upwards of 300 points. Maybe 350.

·
Ancient Relic
2,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
~Why so high, considering kharn costs less than 170 points, my dude has a slightly better weapon, but on average on the charge, he will wound 6, kharn also averages 6, the only difference is that my guy kills some of his own men if his ass gets kicked in assault, which is slightly different to kharn, but he still kills his own men. would 210/215 not be reasonable?

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Eh, 230-250 Kharn is undercosted, tbh, this guys is enough of a a badass to be in the 250 range. Didn't notice his DW was a cheap downgraded version.

·
Ancient Relic
2,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So if i put him at 240, do you think he would be balanced?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.