Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have introduced my young son damon to the 40k hobby. He plays space hulk with me and loves the terminator models. His interest is such that I have started to give him odd models to paint. Here are his first two. Bear in mind he is 6 years old. He painted them entirely himself, I gave him some pointers(and suggested recognised colors for skin, hair and bolters) but all the brushwork is his.

Since comming back from PNG I have been able to spend much more time with him and this is one thing that we do exclusively together(my wife and his sister really arent interested in my hobby.)

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
tough models to paint for a first starter!

you could have been really mean and asked him to paint the thousand sons in the background and that would qualify as torture, those helmets are a pain to paint

they look like hes got potential to be a great painter, and if you both enjoy it fantastic

·
Registered
552 Posts
Mate that is a seriously talented kidlet. If he enjoys painting, encourage him and nurture the skill because if he is spending time in the 40k community, before long he can be making pocket money painting and eventually suplement his income as an adult. People pay reasonable priced quality work.

That painting is probably better than a lot of adults who have been at it a while.

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the encouragement guys. I will pass it on to him when i get back home.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts