Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with using these paints on gaming models? I discovered them today, and they seem a good cost-effective alternative to GW (and to a lesser extent, Vallejo) paints, especially for mass use (uniforms, vehicles, Orks, etc). I haven't bought any yet though, as I don't want to get a big bottle of rubbish paint! :)

·
Powered by Squig Tea
7,589 Posts
Not used that particular one but I have tried a few artist acrylic types over the years.

The main thing I find with them is they do not give a smooth finish if you put them on thick enough to cover or you have to thin them so much that it takes more coats than Vallejo.

The other thing I find is that the 'finish' usally seems to be a bit shiny in comparison to GW paint with art acrylics.

That said I use Liqutex paint/airbrush acrylic for Gems and little bits like that.

Hopefully some one has tried the paint your asking about and can say more but the only true way to tell is try it. :?

VV

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well this type is specifically designed for models, apparently, so it shouldn't be too bad. If I don't hear from anyone else, I might just take the plunge and give it a go on some scratch figures. We shall see. Thanks for your input, Vash!

·