Troops
Blood letters-320
Blood letters-320
Blood letters-320
Heavy
Nurgle prince-160
Nurgle prince-160
Nurgle prince-160

Totals 9 under 2k what you think, tactic is ku'gath and princes come down and use nurgle ness to drop elite troops, turn 2 they go and jump on tanks blood letters come in and SWARM their line,

thirster is there because i have his model and i like how i painted him!

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Bow your head in shame...:mad: Where are your anti tank units? you'll get shot up really bad if your Bloodletters don't get into cover fast.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
HQBlood thirster-250
The BT has not been given Unholy Might nor BotBG. Why? They are good.
Ku'gath-300
Ah, yet another person who'd happily shed out 300 points for a special character that does little more than a GUO. Which only costs 165......Seriously, most CD special characters aren't worth their points, with the exceptions of The Changeling and Karanak. And sometimes the fat guy in the chair.
Troops
Blood letters-320
Blood letters-320
Blood letters-320
Are you serious? Either you don't play with terrain or you have never heard of mishaps or the Bloodletters lack of grenades. These units shouldn't number more than 12 and they shouldn't be your only troops unless you go monogod. Which you aren't.
Heavy
Nurgle prince-160
Nurgle prince-160
Nurgle prince-160
These guys are about the biggest waste of points I have ever seen. They got no armour save, no grenades, no help in assaults and they are about as fast on foot as Steven Hawking. And even he could kick their ass.

Totals 9 under 2k what you think, tactic is ku'gath and princes come down and use nurgle ness to drop elite troops, turn 2 they go and jump on tanks blood letters come in and SWARM their line,

thirster is there because i have his model and i like how i painted him!
What I think? I think it's about as likely to win with as rolling a 7 on your d6. Your princes will never catch anything before they are down for the count, same for your letters if they ever arrive and Kugath is a big, overpriced pile of puke (but mostly because he's nurgle).
The only thing that does seem worth the while is your thirster. He should still have might and blessing, but that's about it. Because he's the only model that's capable of catching a tank andalso smashing it.

I suggest you look at the other Daemon lists already posted here on the forum to see what they have made so you have an I idea of what should work and what you really want to make.
As it stands, I can't see you winning a single game against anyone expect complete beginners.

So take a look around and see what you like. And, of course, please don't hesitate to ask about, well, anything. We all have to start somewhere right? I just recommend you do your homework before you hand it in. :wink:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ha ha thanks guys I've never played this list just posting it to see what people think

muh hahahahaha

·
Registered
360 Posts
Hey guys the reason his units look all messed up is because they don't show any upgrades. A daemon prince is only 80 points so the fact they say they're each 160 mean he upgraded them each moderatley. Also turn the 3 squads of 20 into either 6 squads of 10 or 4 squads of 15. The squads of 10 will let your bloodletters cover more ground, and the squads of 15 will help them survive into combat.

·
Registered
51 Posts
i use upgraded nurgle princes and they can take quite a beating and can also bring the pain when needed. i can't recomend cloud of flies enough its the second best 5pnts in the codex (after the changeling).

i agree that you should split the bloodletters up into smaller groups, they'll be more survivable and more versitile.

if you drop ku'gath for a normal nurgle greater deamon you could free up for some points for fiends or 'crushers.

this type of army was my original draw to the army just taking units to slap people about with, I run a horror heavy with princes chariots and crushers (khorne chariots make cheap 'almost' daemon princes), oh and i have a soft spot for suicidal flamer squads.

good hunting

·
Registered
11 Posts
I agree that Ku-gath isn't worth the points. Nurgle Princes should have at the very least wings and cloud of flies. I have no idea if that is in that package you have there.

Killakhorne- The nurgle stuff needs to kill tanks because the only thing left in that list which can is the Bloodthirster.

Drop the bloodletters down to 12 or less for each unit and toss in a couple Plaguebearer units for holding objectives. Sticking to theme you could even squeeze in a unit of Bloodcrushers, which are monsters in combat and work well thematically with what you have there in the two god list.

Anyways, good luck! I like the bloodthirster you posted :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'll try and be a little nicer :p

Bloodletters are awesome, but so are the other troops. you only need max 15 in a unit, i field mine in 12s.

PLAGUEBEARERS
I know I'm a touch biased but still these guys are awesome in 40k, they make brillient Icon and objective holders, so please take them, only 2 units of 10 are needed.

Horrors are also very good, with 30 shots a turn from a unit of 10, and a 4++ for a touch more survivability.

With you Monstrous Creatures you have so many that unless the enemy is Eldar they will have no where to run, which works, but Mark of Tzeentch is so better, as Mark of Nurgle does nothing when vs a lascannon :)

Take out Ku'gath... I am Nurgle and I hate him.

Happy Hunting :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.