Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering does anyone know how long it take to get the new Daemon rules released.
I really miss being able to use Bloodthirsters

·
Inquisitor
963 Posts
Summer 08 is the expected date that has been announced. No confirmed month/day yet though. I would expect sometime between May and August... but what really is so much better about a BT than the GD? Stats are approx the same... the only real advantage is the 3+ AS but thats not much better.

·
Registered
800 Posts
great unclean one FTW

·
Registered
800 Posts
they should bring out new bloodthirster lord of change great unclean one and the slaanesh one (forgot name) but for 40K with maybe a bit of armour on them and better looking weapons :p plus it would give GW a reason to get more money

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
Great Unclean will cost even more points if its upgrades are anything like the Plague Marines
That's fine, the GUO was never really all that special anyway. All it was good at was tying units up because it had so many Wounds.

I can't wait to see how the minions of the Blood God are treated in the Daemon Dex. :)

·
Banned
801 Posts
That's Forge World, though. You're not compelled to accept those rules.

I expect they'd have to include some LATD in the codex, if only to make it worth the purchase.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Wouldn't traitor guard be functionally an IG list? If you want daemons as well, couldn't you simply run an IG list and Daemon Allies?

*Of course this is making some assumptions about how the Daemon Codex will be used.

·
Banned
801 Posts
I assume that Traitor guard will function in a manner different enough form the regulars that you need new rules. This isn't too far a stretch of the imagination. It would be sensible to put those rules in the Daemon codex because it by itself would just not have enough rules to validate its existence.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I assume that Traitor guard will function in a manner different enough form the regulars that you need new rules. This isn't too far a stretch of the imagination. It would be sensible to put those rules in the Daemon codex because it by itself would just not have enough rules to validate its existence.
Taking in to consideration the generalization of the CSM Codex?

Taking THAT in mind, I wouldn't be surprised if they DID make new rules for it.

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
Loast and the Damned will not be in the daemon codex. it is called Codex Daemons, and thats all its got in it..

fantasy has a daemon list at the moment, in Storm of Chaos...

if you want to do traitor guard, just use the guard codex and add in characters and things from the CSM codex.

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
According to Jervis at his seminar at the UKGT heat I went to it will be only demons. Also it will be a stand alone codex, not an add on list like Latd, or any kind of upgrade for the current CSM book.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts