Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

This is my very first post around here so I hope these topic hasn't been explained already. In a Khorne daemonkin army using the Slaughtercult formation, do summoned units benefit from the extra Blood Tithe ability generated with the Boon of Khorne, since that ability says it applies only to units taken as a part of the Slaughtercult? Further, do daemon princes/bloodthirsters created from characters in the Slaughtercult benefit? What about those created from, say, a champion of a terminator unit taken as part of the Brazen Onslaught formation, since they ordinarily wouldn't gain the Boon.

Secondly, when summoning new units using the Blood Tithe table, the codex says that the new units arrive via the deep strike rule within 6" of a unit with BftBG rule (or character with dark apotheosis/ fury unbound). Does this mean they scatter as per the deep strike rule or when they say thaey arrive within 6" do they mean they arrive as placed? I feel as though they won't scatter, as you're bound to be placing models right up against your own units and guaranteeing a mishap.

Thanks a lot for any clarification on these points!

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
@venomlust i think you are better entitled to answer this

·
Registered
773 Posts
Hey all,

This is my very first post around here so I hope these topic hasn't been explained already. In a Khorne daemonkin army using the Slaughtercult formation, do summoned units benefit from the extra Blood Tithe ability generated with the Boon of Khorne, since that ability says it applies only to units taken as a part of the Slaughtercult? Further, do daemon princes/bloodthirsters created from characters in the Slaughtercult benefit? What about those created from, say, a champion of a terminator unit taken as part of the Brazen Onslaught formation, since they ordinarily wouldn't gain the Boon.

Secondly, when summoning new units using the Blood Tithe table, the codex says that the new units arrive via the deep strike rule within 6" of a unit with BftBG rule (or character with dark apotheosis/ fury unbound). Does this mean they scatter as per the deep strike rule or when they say thaey arrive within 6" do they mean they arrive as placed? I feel as though they won't scatter, as you're bound to be placing models right up against your own units and guaranteeing a mishap.

Thanks a lot for any clarification on these points!
The Boon of Khorne buff only applies to the Slaughter Cult models, so as the summoned Daemons are not part of that cult they do not get the bonus buff. This is similar to when normal army summons Daemons while in a CAD or AD, those Daemons do not gain Objective Secured (though of course a CAD / AD is the Detachment like the Blood Host, rather than a Formation).

As for the Scatter that is a bit of a weird one. It says
"When a rule indicates that a unit if summoned, a new unit under your control immediately arrives via Deep Strike within range of the specified unit(s) on the board."
This means that that they would still have to scatter, though a close by Banner of Blood upgrade would stop you needing to scatter.
The weird part is that because this is done before the movement phase (as it is start of turn) then you can still move as you would normally that turn, though of course still can not charge.

Oh and remember a Chaos Lord with Kor'lath, The Axe of Ruin is nice. You get your 7th Blood Point and turn him in to a Daemon Prince. This removes the Lord as a Casualty so makes you a Blood Thirster. However the prince gets to keep any Warlord Traits and Artefacts of Slaughter that the Lord had. So if later on the Prince dies then you get another Blood Thirster.
WARNING!!! This is cheesey and also only works if the character was your WARLORD! as only the Warlord can keep his Artefacts he had (no mention of a normal char keeping it).

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hi @Azaghal

My mate has a Khorne army and we play the deepstrike as normal i.e. The unit scatters.
This happened to a bloodthirster he summoned in the final turn of the game and it was delayed a turn. He wasnt happy!!

Just to confound his annoyance the next game he rolled 12 when summoning the thirster and lost all his points for nothing.... Very bad luck but it certainly made me laugh :grin:

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
What @mayegelt said.

Although, as for the Deep Strike/summoning rule allowing movement + charge the next turn, I don't really buy it ( as much as it favors the Khorne Daemonkin player). Not that the interpretation doesn't have merit, but the stupid wording as written just leads to arguing and wasting game time.

·
Registered
773 Posts
The summoned daemons cant charge on the turn they are summoned. But moving is fine.otherwise my poor flying princes or thirsters fall out of the sky if they wanted to remain swooping, as they would be able to move enough.
Also reading carefully seems to segest that the changing of flight mode happens in the movement phase but is not actual movement. So you can change to glide even on a turn you arrive If you deepstrike an fmc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the answers, everyone. That's a bummer that they still scatter- I may be investing more points in banner of blood in that case.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts