Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dear Friends,

I want to start playing Daemonkin codex. I will use the minis I already have from my previous World Eaters army.

I am a casual player and I would appreciate your advice regarding bellow list. I only play friendly games but I would like to know if my list is balanced, how can I improve it maintaining its core structure, units mix and weapons load out fine tuning and any other advice you think can be interesting.

SLAUGHTERCULT
1*Chaos Lord (Axe of Khorne, Juggernaut of Khorne, Melta Bombs, Sigil of Corruption)
8*Chaos Space Marines in Rhino (6x Equip CCW's, meltagun, combi-melta, melta bomb, Power sword)
8*Chaos Space Marines in Rhino (6x Equip CCW's, meltagun, combi-melta, Power sword)
5*Possessed
4*Spawn
8*Cultists
8*Cultists

GOREPACK
3*Chaos Bikers (2*Meltagun)
3*Chaos Bikers (2*Meltagun)
5*Fleshhounds

BRAZEN ONSLAUGHT
3*Bloodcrushers
3*Bloodcrushers
3*Terminators (3*Combi-melta,Power Sword, Power Maul, Chain Fist)

WAR ENGINE
2*Maulerfiend

TOTAL POINTS (1850 POINTS)​

My plan for the list is as follows:
(1) juggerlod with spawns, the 2 maulerfiends, the 2 rhinos with marines, the 2 units of Bloodcrushers and the fleshhounds advance towards enemy in order to assault as soon as posible. Some of these units will take midfield objectives if necessary.
(2) the 2 units of bikes will try to kill tanks and vehicles and to take midfield objectives.
(3) the 2 units of cultists will stay in my backfield objectives
(4) termies will deep strike near tanks and vehicles to use their combimeltas and chainfiest.
(5) Possessed will deep strike where necessary to support the units already engaged in assault with the enemy.
(6) I hope during battle to summon some bloodletters and grant FNP to the army.

Thank you in advance for your advice!

Advisor

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
It looks pretty fun, honestly. I'm wary of the Brazen Onslaught, since it means bringing 2 squads of expensive, multi-wound, instant-deathed-by-krak-or-melta Bloodcrushers, but that attack bonus (on top of, say, 4 Blood Points for +1A army wide [amnd FNP free on the Slaughter Cult]) is awfully tempting.

I might drop, say, a spawn and both power weapons for another few bikers to bulk up those squads and protect the meltagunners; the Lord can join Bloodcrushers just as easily as a spawn retinue, or something.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts