Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiyas, Just wanted to check with people that would have a better idea.

I have just bought and mostly painted up some Grey Knights to ally with my Space Marines. My wife has a bundle of very nicely painted Sisters of Battle and has just painted an assasin for me. Now I know that to be able to play the assasin I need to have an inqisitor. And I know that I can take allies from both Witchhunters and Daemonhunters at the same time.

If I take an Inquisitor as the elite selection for my Grey Knights, can I then take an assasin as the elite choice for Witchhunters now that I have an Inquisitor? Or does it have to be with the same allied force? I just don't want to have the retinue as I was hoping to have my Inquisitor join the Grey Knight Terminators as it is the old Terminator Inquisitor.

If not, if I take the 2 troops option as Daemonhunter allies (which I could do) can I think pick more then one elite option from the Daemonhunters? Which would then let me play with the Inquisitor and Assasin anyway?

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I think you can do the inquisitor from daemon and assassin from withches. As it doesn't say anything about not being able to do that

You are only allowed one elite one HQ two troops and one FA in Daemonhunters, not sure of the Witchhunters but i'm sure it's the same. Besides you can ally an elite from witch(Inquisitor) and another elite(Assassin) from Daemon.

·
Grey Knight Converter
2,169 Posts
From what I get you are using space marines as your main force and allying witchuhunters or deamonhunter units with it. I am pretty sure you can only take 1 HQ, 1 elite, 1 FA and two troops as allies no matter which allies you use. So you are stuck using a HQ inquisitor to get an assasin which means no grey knights.

I think you are stuck with either on or the other

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's what I wanted to check. It specifically says that you can ally Witchhunters and Daemonhunters at the same time. So from what I could see that meant the 1 HQ, 1 elite, 1 FA and 2 troops from both. I couldn't see anything in the rules or the FAQ to say that the both were combined for the maximun selections. Can anyone tell me where there has been an official ruling on this?

From what I get you are using space marines as your main force and allying witchuhunters or deamonhunter units with it. I am pretty sure you can only take 1 HQ, 1 elite, 1 FA and two troops as allies no matter which allies you use. So you are stuck using a HQ inquisitor to get an assasin which means no grey knights.

I think you are stuck with either on or the other

·
Inquisitor
963 Posts
You can use the 1HQ, 1Elite, 1FA, and 2 Troops from each of the Allies (meaning in total you can have 2HQ, 2Elite, 2FA, and 4 Troop allies). The problem here is that the intended effect of this was to keep people from taking an Elite Inq AND the assassin. So as to whether you can take one from one army and one from the other I would say no.

Now since your after the GK Termies for you Elite slot why not take the Inquisitor as a HQ choice from the Witchhunters and then you can take the assassin as a Witchhunter allie, then you can take all the GKs you want (with the exception of a Grey Knight Hero as you have to have a HQ from your oringinal army first). Hope that helps.

From a fluff standpoint the Officio Assassinoium is a seperate organization... what ever Inqusitor is in charge of requisitioning an assassin has to be in responsible for him on the field... so he has to be part of the same FoC.

At some point in time I think GW will clarify Allie rules to say that you can only have 1 allie period but untill that time feel free to use both, just dont try to combine their organizations... they are both fiercely independant and dont relish any scrutiny of the other Ordos.

Now another option is for you to run 2 FoC which is clearly allowed. The only rules for this is that both Org charts must contain all the required selections. Normally this means 1HQ and 2 Troops. So you could run your Inquisitor, Assassin, and Grey Knights as a full DH army, the Space Marines as their full army, and the Sisters of Battle could be allied to either force. This is how I play my SMs and Grey Knights sometimes. I rationalize it out that Grey Knights and my Ultramarine Librarian are good friends (at least as good as Space Marines from 2 diffrent chapters can be).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts