Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
blahblahblahblah
Joined
·
6,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Inquisitor Lord Tiberium Lazarius, Terminator Armour, Force weapon, Grimoire of true names, Sacred insence
=125pts
1 Familiar, 1 Hierophant, 1 Acolyte (power weapon), 1 Warrior (power fist + ccw)
=62pts
=187pts

Land Raider Prometheus, Extra Armour
=275pts

*Inquisitor Johan Strauss, Bolt Pistol, Power weapon, Power Armour
=46pts
*Inquisitor Marius Graelm, Bolt Pistol, Power weapon, Power Armour
=46pts
*Inquisitor Victor Harding, Bolt Pistol, Power weapon, Power Armour
=46pts

*all join Lord Inquisitors group

10 Inquisitorial Stormtroopers, 2xPlasma/Meltaguns (interchangeable), Veteran, Melta Bomb
=135pts
Valkyrie
=140pts
=275pts

10 Inquisitorial Stormtroopers, 2xPlasma/Meltaguns (interchangeable), Veteran, Melta Bomb
=130pts
Valkyrie
=140pts
=275pts

10 Inquisitorial Stormtroopers, 2xPlasma/Meltaguns (interchangeable), Veteran
=130pts

10 Inquisitorial Stormtroopers, 2xPlasma/Meltaguns (interchangeable), Veteran
=130pts

10 Armored Fist Guardsmen, Flamer, Veteran Sergeant
=72pts
Chimera, Twin Linked Heavy Bolters, Hull Mounted Heavy Bolter
=90pts
=162pts

10 Armored Fist Guardsmen, Flamer, Veteran Sergeant
=72pts
Chimera, Twin Linked Heavy Bolters, Hull Mounted Heavy Bolter
=90pts
=162pts

Leman Russ Vanquisher, Sponson and hull Heavy Bolters, Extra Armour, Searchlight
=196pts

Lance Strike =70pts

Note: list does not have Grey Knights in because it is the Inquisitors personnel Army that he raised himself

also uses elements from Imperial armour volume 2
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,588 Posts
Stella Cadente said:
Inquisitor Lord Tiberium Lazarius, Terminator Armour, Force weapon, Grimoire of true names, Sacred insence
=125pts
1 Familiar, 1 Hierophant, 1 Acolyte (power weapon), 1 Warrior (power fist + ccw)
=62pts
=187pts

Land Raider Prometheus, Extra Armour
=275pts
I like the Inquisitors name. the retinue look alright but the Inquisitor could do with some tuning up what are you going to use him for? When I use an inquisitor I use

Inquisitor+ terminator, armor, psycannon. He usually just shoots the opponents HQ and puts a big dent in them to make them 'non-scary'.

The terminator armor allows him to move and shoot with heavy weapons which means he can shoot at the longer range.

Stella Cadente said:
*Inquisitor Johan Strauss, Bolt Pistol, Power weapon, Power Armour
=46pts
*Inquisitor Marius Graelm, Bolt Pistol, Power weapon, Power Armour
=46pts
*Inquisitor Victor Harding, Bolt Pistol, Power weapon, Power Armour
=46pts

*all join Lord Inquisitors group
Personaly I would take atleast 1 dreadnought but this enables you to have some converting fun which is a large part of the hobby and is great fun.


Stella Cadente said:
10 Inquisitorial Stormtroopers, 2xPlasma/Meltaguns (interchangeable), Veteran, Melta Bomb
=135pts
Valkyrie
=140pts
=275pts

10 Inquisitorial Stormtroopers, 2xPlasma/Meltaguns (interchangeable), Veteran, Melta Bomb
=130pts
Valkyrie
=140pts
=275pts

10 Inquisitorial Stormtroopers, 2xPlasma/Meltaguns (interchangeable), Veteran
=130pts

10 Inquisitorial Stormtroopers, 2xPlasma/Meltaguns (interchangeable), Veteran
=130pts
Solid troop choices I would take 2 plasma guns in squads not in flyers and 2 melta guns in the flyers. The addition of the valkyrie adds some character to the army and is a good idea to get 2 units up close and personal with the enemy. In all I like your troop choices.

Stella Cadente said:
10 Armored Fist Guardsmen, Flamer, Veteran Sergeant
=72pts
Chimera, Twin Linked Heavy Bolters, Hull Mounted Heavy Bolter
=90pts
=162pts

10 Armored Fist Guardsmen, Flamer, Veteran Sergeant
=72pts
Chimera, Twin Linked Heavy Bolters, Hull Mounted Heavy Bolter
=90pts
=162pts
You dont need 2 armed fist squads 1 is enough. I like your choice of specail weapon, flamer always usefull but I should make the sgt veteran and give him some form of fancyer combat weapon like power fist or power weapon to give them an extra kick if they get charged.

Stella Cadente said:
Leman Russ Vanquisher, Sponson and hull Heavy Bolters, Extra Armour, Searchlight
=196pts

Lance Strike =70pts
Your heavy support is fine vanquisher IMO the best leman russ variant there is, the way you have it is good at anti-tank and troop so don't change it.

I reaqlly like lance strike even thoigh it can back fire quite badly but it is so much fun to use so keep it.

I like the idea that the inquisitor has recuited the army it adds charactr and allows you to if you want write some fiction about your amry

So to sum it up your list is fine but has some very minor changes to do.
 

·
blahblahblahblah
Joined
·
6,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1: I`m thinking of changing the Inquisitor around abit, just working out a good combination is all, but I don`t like a shooty Inquisitor, heroic Close combat is the way to go for me, might have to work this out.

2: I might remove these Inquisitors all together, I dunno, gotta work these out abit more as well

3: I ain`t too worried about the special weapons cause I can just exchange them depending on the opponents

4: I do need 2 Armoured fist squads to take the Vanquisher, it staes that 2 troop choices must be taken to include it, plus the SGT is a veteran, but he can`t take power weapons or fist?, after all there NCO`s not officers

5: AT LAST someone who realises that a Vanquisher can be taken, you either have Imperial Armour Volume 2, or you just know that, and yes it is the best lol.

Plus I wanna keep the Lance strike just to make my opponent think "now where did he put it" lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,588 Posts
The reason I don't like combat inquisitors is they are strength and toughness 3.
 

·
blahblahblahblah
Joined
·
6,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes but close combat is more heroic, it has more honor involved, and skill anyone can make a good shooty Inquisitor, but making a truly effective combat Inquisitor, there is the challenge, plus it maked you different to everyone else
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top