Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, this is my first Daemonhunter army list, so it wont be perfect, but I tried my best, as this is going to be the army I will be collecting from this point on, until it is finished.

:hq:HQ:

Grey Knight Grand Master 292 Points

- Master Crafted Storm Bolter and Master Crafted Nemesis Force Weapon
- Psycannon bolts
- Icon of the Just
- Holy Relic
- Grimoire of true names
- Unguents of warding
- Sacred Incense
- Bionics
- Auspex
- Hammerhead

- Retinue:

9 Grey Knight Terminators 429 Points

- Incinerator

Ordo Malleus Inquisitor Lord 81 Points

- Master Crafted Bolter
- Psychic hood
- Retinue:

2 Sages 20 Points
1 Familiar 6 Points
2 Mystics 12 Points
2 Gun servitors 50 Points
- 2 Heavy Bolters
1 Veteran Guardsman 10 Points
3 Acolytes 45 Points
- 3 Carapace Armors and 3 Bolters

:troops:Troops:

5 Grey Knights 200 Points

- 2 Psycannons

- 2 Psycannons

5 Grey Knights 155 Points

- Melta Bombs

= 1500 Points

My tactic with this army is simple, in objective games, the two GK squads with Psycannons will sit on objectives in my deployment zone, while the ones with melta bombs will charge into the other deployment zone, try to snatch an objective, blow a tank on the way and pray that the (possibly) deep striking Command squad will arrive in time to save their asses. The role of the Stormtroopers depend on the locations of the objectives, if I have three in my deployment zone, they will stay as well, but other vise their role will be to support the Melta bomb squad that charges.

When the objective is to destroy the enemy army, the two Psycannon squads will give covering fire for the Melta Bomb squad supported by the Stormtroopers, and possibly the command squad that might be deployed at the start of the game if I am facing an close combat army such as Orks. But I will probably play most of my games against Tau cause my friend collects them, and we just kill each other, so in that situation I will deep strike the command squad into the middle of his gun line, with the rest of the army wanting to get up close and personal, so basically against Tau, I will just charge.

The Inquisitor Lord and his retinue have the same role in every game mode: To blast enemy deep strikers to the depths of the Warp. Thanks to the Mystics they get to shoot a free round of shooting against all deep striking units within 4D6, or let an squad within 12" take the free shot.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
what about a psychic hood on the lord or grand master to help against the damn eldar?

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Wow! That was a god damn good idea! I might just drop the Stormtroopers, and take some other cool stuff instead! Thanks man + rep!

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lol, just painted half a squad, and was just about to take some pics and start a project log, when I noticed that the camera was broken, DOUH! So I have a question, is it worth starting a project log with pictures taken with my phone?

·
Registered
164 Posts
I like it :D it looks good. +rep.
Though i doubt it would hold to well against an Ork horde?

I have a 1500 point GK with an IG attachment including a vanquisher
I found the crusader very helpful for getting stern and his HG termies in the fray :D.

Lol, may be thats just up here becuase we seem to have an over abundance of Orks up here

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I only know one other person who collects 40k, and he collects Tau, so this army is basically designed to rip straight through his battle suits, and as those Termies keep him occupied, I will advance the rest of the army into close combat, crushing his Tau forces...

But now when you mentioned it, he does actually have a Warboss and some Nobs... But if I understood correctly he pushed the Orks aside in the favor of the Tau...

·
Registered
164 Posts
yeah i love the termies :D, they always seem to win the war for me to :D
lol, the people i use to play with always payed attention to these and left my cannon fodder alone so i always kept the objectives.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Your grand master is too tooled up, he can be instakilled by a high strength weapon. drop some of his gear.

The other prob is your numbers and lack of any serious anti tank, a couple of sublimation rounds from a hammerhead and your in serious trouble

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I will mostly be playing against my friend, and he concentrates his resources on getting battlesuits, and cause of that I use my toled up Grand Master that can instant kill his battlesuits in hand to hand if he has used Hammerhead... And as my friend will also probably be allying his Tau with his old Eldar models, I am to expect a squad of swooping Hawks, 4 Guardians, and Striking Scorpion Exarch, an Avatar and an Farseer... We dont really give a shit about what we use as long as it would make sense as we just play friendly games, but if he brings in tanks, I will bring in half a battle company of Space Marines to blow them up, so I really dont have anything to worry about, cause he cant really throw anything at me that could threaten my whole plan, and I do basically instant kill everything in his army with the troops I have right now, just waiting to see if he will get an Etheral or an Commander, thats the only point that really excites me to see...

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Doelago why not get him on heresy as well? might be fun to help him kick your butt as well as help you kick his butt. yeah made no sense but oh well thats me.

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, we were about to make an Heresy user when I visited him last time, but we forgot to do it... Could give him a call and make him do it tomorrow... That would actually be great, as we live around 150 Kms away from each other, making it easier to show of hobby stuff and discus it, than it is by phone or Facebook... Good idea! Thanks for it!

·
Registered
178 Posts
you might want to add some anti tank stuff to that army because if you are fighting tau then a hammer head would destroy your army

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Didnt I already say that I will be facing Battlesuits as far as I know? And I think that a well placed Meltabomb could rip one open...

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What is the standard points cost in a Tournament? 1500 or 2000 points? Just curious, so could someone tell me if they know, thanks!

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok, awesome, thanks!

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ouh... Well... About the Orks stomping me down... Today I play tested the Grey Knights I have (6 Grey Knights, 1 Psycannon, and one Grey Knight in Terminator armor) and they totally kicked the hell out of the Greenskins (30 Boys, 5 Nobz and a Warboss) like totally, at the end of the game every single damn Ork was dead (Yes dead), and only 3 Grey Knights, even when I went straight into assault! Total over kill...

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well... Thanks!

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
:hq:HQ:

Grey Knight Grand Master 292 Points

- Master Crafted Storm Bolter and Master Crafted Nemesis Force Weapon
- Psycannon bolts
- Icon of the Just
- Holy Relic
- Grimoire of true names
- Unguents of warding
- Sacred Incense
- Bionics
- Auspex
- Hammerhead
Alrighty, firstly I'd get rid of a whole bunch of superfluous upgrades on this guy. Bionics, Unguents of Warding, Sacred Incense, Auspex and Hammerhand can all go, probably the Holy Relic too. Also, there's no point in master-crafting a storm bolter when you're already hitting on a 2+ while shooting. I'd do a Grand Master like this:

HQ: Grey Knight Hero (1#, 185 pts) (Grandmaster)
1 Grand Master (Icon of the Just; Master-crafted weapon; Nemesis Force Weapon; Storm Bolter)

- Retinue:

9 Grey Knight Terminators 429 Points

- Incinerator
Whoa, brutally expensive. Again, let's tone this down a tad. Four Terminators one of which is equipped with either a psycannon or incinerator should do just fine. No need for a gigantic unit.

Ordo Malleus Inquisitor Lord 81 Points

- Master Crafted Bolter
- Psychic hood
- Retinue:

2 Sages 20 Points
1 Familiar 6 Points
2 Mystics 12 Points
2 Gun servitors 50 Points
- 2 Heavy Bolters
1 Veteran Guardsman 10 Points
3 Acolytes 45 Points
- 3 Carapace Armors and 3 Bolters
Alright, try an Inquisitor + Retinue like this:

Inquisitor Lord: Psycannon, psychic hood.
Retinue: 3 Mystics, 2 Sages, 3 Gun Servitors with heavy bolters, or maybe 2 HBs and a single plasma cannon.

:troops:Troops:

- 2 Psycannons

- 2 Psycannons

5 Grey Knights 155 Points

- Melta Bombs
Big squads. Without running 9 GKTs you can afford to increase the size of these units. Try to get the first two squads up to 8 strong per unit. Once you do that, extra points should be spent on the third unit to get it up to size as well.

Best of luck!

Katie D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts