Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Daemonhosts

852 views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Nosotros 
#1 ·
It says that if Daemonhosts are taken, I can't use Grey Knights. Do Dreadnoughts/Land Raiders count as Grey Knights for this?

#3 · (Edited)
Yes unless you are counting the Land Raider which is taken as a transport for the Inquisitor. This is why there is a seperate Land Raider entry on page 30 as a transport.

All other Land Raiders (Crusaders included) as well as the Dreadnought are listed as "Grey Knight" Land Raider/Crusader/Dreadnought and are crewed by Grey Knights. In addition the Land Raiders, Crusaders, and Dreadnoughts may only be included in your force if a Grey Knight Hero is in your force which doubley makes it so you cannot have them and a Daemonhost. Please see the nice little box on the left hand side of page 32 for proof.

Again to make it simple...
Land Raider as a transport for an Inquisitor Lord + Retinue does not count as Grey Knight and you may still have a Daemonhost.
All the Heavy Support Option Land Raiders/Crusaders/Dreadnoughts DO count as Grey Knight and may not be included in a force with a Daemonhost.

Sorry. :sad:

#5 ·
Anytime and again Im sorry it wasnt the answer you were looking for.

#6 ·
Lol. Don't despair. If you have enough points you can use Daemonhosts and GK in Apoc. It says you can't use them in the same army but apoc allows to you ally any armies. Say you're allying your radical Inquisitor with an army of GK's lead by a puritan Grand Master.

#7 ·
You can do that in Apoc, but its not really in the "spirit" of the game. Army mixes in Apoc should make sense fluff wise, so if you can come up with a reason than its okie, but shouldn't be just put together for the sake of it being totally awesome. If you did use a radical inquisitor with demonhosts I would add something about the inquisitor not being to benefit from any greyknight abilities and vice versa or that if a greyknight unit is within a certain distance of the demonhost there is a chance that they will attack that unit instead.

#8 ·
I'm pretty sure an imminent attack on an inquisition stronghold or some other dire threat to the race of humanity (of which many abound) would be sufficient reason for the 2 to work together. A threat that will annihilate 2 squabbling parties generally is enough for those parties to work together against it to ensure their survival. This seems to be the general blanket story behind many apoc games anyhow.

#9 ·
True, but Gk first goal is the banishment of demons. In the fluff certain radical inquisitor groups will actually be denied the use of GK's mainly the ones that use demon weapons and demonhosts. Thus if they did work together they would be only based on circumstance and the radical inquisitor would have no say over the GK. GK's would probably feel that the use of demons wasn't required to secure victory and thus would wipe them out at the first instance. My post above was just a suggestion, like it was stated you can do pretty much anything you want in Apoc, but I think part of the fun is coming up with reasons why weird army mixes would exist in the first place.

#10 ·
mainly the ones that use demon weapons and demonhosts.
Speaking of which, when the make a new Daemonhunters codex they should let radical inqusitors use some items from the chaos codex.
Anyways don't be too distraught, there's a guy at my local GW who runs a radical inqusitiorial force and it looks like a fun army to play. An inquisitor lord with a kickass retinue in a landraider, daemonhosts, an assassin, and the rest of the points in stormtroopers in rhinos.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.