Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Simply put, can a Daemon Prince of Khorne take the Axe of Blind Fury?

Edit: I realize this may sound like an odd question, so I'll clarify: The book says models with the Mark of Khorne only, and I'm unsure
as to whether or not a Khorne Daemon Prince qualifies. Do they take the same Mark of Khorne as everyone else and just benefit from it in a different manner?

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Simply put, yes, it has been FAQ'd to be legal. However, there's almost no reason to.

Not of does the Prince need to become the worst god-type, but it already has AP2 attacks at Initiative value, one of the main reasons you might buy a character the axe. The Black Mace is incredibly better: you still get +D6 attacks, but you also get Fleshbane and the Aura of Doooooom. Plus, you're ignoring the Mace's worst part: the AP4.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm, very true. Plus, although the Mace is more expensive, it evens out when you no longer need to buy the Mark. Mace it is then!

and + Rep for the quick and well-reasoned response

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
You still have to buy a mark (it says "must," unfortunately), so the cheapest you can get is Slaanesh for 5 points cheaper (though Nurgle makes for some excellent cover saves, if you're willing to accept Slow and Purposeful). Still, the negligible price increase for the mace over the axe is far and away worth the incredible increase in utility.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Yup. To expand on scscofield's post, any model that has the Smash special rule (ie Monstrous Creatures) makes all of its attacks at AP2 (in addition to the the other half of the rule, which is the ability to halve attacks in order to double strength).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts