Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been eyeballing the Inquisitor model Chaos Magus Mynarc since I restarted 40K. I thought he'd make a cool daemon prince. With a little conversion work, it turned out pretty good.

Now I am trying to figure out how to put wings on him. The downside: his two pauldrons come together very closely in the back. This leaves less than 1/2" of back for attaching anything. Anyone have thoughts?

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Do you have a picture of the back? It may be easier to work out how to do the wings.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is what I ended up doing.

Sarkon Front

Sarkon Rear

I will clean up the green stuff a bit after it dries.

With the back so narrow, I thought I could just cut some wings from plasticard. Since they don't have any detail, my plan is to pain them very dark with highlights on the edges to make them look shadowy, like they are the "suggestion" of wings (a la the Warsmith from Storm of Iron).

Thoughts?

·
Registered
25 Posts
You could give him a cloak that's spread out to suggest wings, kind of like Batman's. Just make him an actual cape, put some wire in places so that you can shape how it 'flows' and then put a bunch of starch on the cape, to make it stay stiff. I'm just guessing that this will work, since I just came up with it, but since starch makes fabric really stiff, it should work. You should probably test it with a small piece of fabric though.

·
Super Moderator
8,562 Posts
Since they don't have any detail, my plan is to pain them very dark with highlights on the edges to make them look shadowy, like they are the "suggestion" of wings (a la the Warsmith from Storm of Iron).

Thoughts?
Difficult to judge without seeing it.

My gut feeling is that the detail of the rest of the model (especially given its size) will make the large flat areas look odd if they do not have any detail.

I would be tempted to add stippling or subtle green-stuff ribbing to visually break up the area.

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
From the pics i rekon his head is a little large. The trend with the heroic models is to scale the head slightly smaller on the larger beasts. The standard dp head is smaller in relation to his body than for the standard man. I like the idea of using mynarc though. Good model for this application.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Long time, no post. I had some Chaos bikes that I traded to a friend in exchange for some painting (as I am not that good and don't have a lot of spare time for painting). Anyway, I really like how Sarkon turned out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts