Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked myself up the old metal DP because I like that one and I can't wait till this weekend to get it. :p Anyways, I need wings. I was thinking of the Bloodthirster ones, but doe they fit in the back snugly? Or should I use something else?

·
Registered
231 Posts
What god are you going with? I'm guessing khorne so the 'thirster wings will require some work to get them to fit, especially being about as big as the model itself. You could try and find a resonably sized bat-like toy and rip the wings off of it. I know someone who did the same thing with a fly toy/wings.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Undivided, actually.

It was actually suggested I used dragon wings from one of the WFB sets, but that didn't seem all Chaos-like.

·
4,491 Posts
Use the Dragon wings from WFB.

I have 2 sets, and they are the perfect scale, and fit on the model perfectly. Very little greenstuff needed.

You can buy the wings separate from the GW website.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
maybe look at the Balrog Wings?

·
4,491 Posts
Dragon wings...

Comparison of dragon wings to balrog wings...

The balrog wings will make it look more like a bat, which is kind of chaos-ish.
But the dragon wings look a bit tougher imo.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
the Balrog wings will also scre upo your line of sight so you will be able to be shot buy almsot anything.(tho i remeber hereing somewhere that wings don't count for "Can i see him")

·
Registered
614 Posts
Indeed, you can't target a model if you only see his wings/tail/weapon/banner etc....(BRB, p16, right column, second paragraph).(However would the wings give a cover save to an unit hidden by them?)

Balrog wings are hard to adapt to the DP, but they look spectacular.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
i would say go with the dragon wings...unles your playing Night Lords in which case go fro the Balrog wings. More bat like creatures for your bat marines.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I used some really old WHFB Tzeentch DP wings and wished i had never put them on now, they are way to small and feathery. I would definatly go with the WHFB Dragon wings tho, perfect fit with little amount of green stuff and not alot of effort requiered to do.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Indeed, you can't target a model if you only see his wings/tail/weapon/banner etc....(BRB, p16, right column, second paragraph).(However would the wings give a cover save to an unit hidden by them?)

Balrog wings are hard to adapt to the DP, but they look spectacular.
I thought it was the opposite? I thought they didn't count for line of sight so you are not punished for having impressive wings or a large standard...

I would look but the missus has the BRB.

Damn.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I thought it was the opposite? I thought they didn't count for line of sight so you are not punished for having impressive wings or a large standard...

I would look but the missus has the BRB.

Damn.
Wings can't be shot at, and don't provide cover for any units. Just pretend they're not there. So you can make the wings any size you like and it'll make no difference to the game as you have to be able to shoot at the body.

·
4,491 Posts
i'm pretty sure when the metal daemon prince came out the WD said it was designed to fit the dragon wings mentioned before
Well, its almost a perfect fit.
You can glue them on with superglue and they will hold with no greenstuff at all, however there are small gaps between the metal and the plastic if you look closely. Its not a PERFECT fit, but its extremely close.
All thats required is a tiny bit of greenstuff to fill the small gaps.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, its almost a perfect fit.
You can glue them on with superglue and they will hold with no greenstuff at all, however there are small gaps between the metal and the plastic if you look closely. Its not a PERFECT fit, but its extremely close.
All thats required is a tiny bit of greenstuff to fill the small gaps.
That was what the owner of my LGS.

I knew I should have picked up the last pair.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Is the Balgrog still in production? I remember looking when I started my army and seeing something about it being oop.

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
There was a metal balrog i believe but the current one is plastic,and awesome.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I used the Bretonnian pegasus knight plastic wings for my metal princes. they fit the model perfect and are cheap. My princes are Tzeentch though, the feather look fits with some army schemes, but not something like Khorne.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts