Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

daemon prince vs chaos lord

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  daemonprinceofchaos 
#1 ·
this may sound stupid but i just want to know every ones opion on the daemon prince and the chaos lord.

i like both but personally i just run the lord more
mainly he cheaper, fluffier and is better against infantry so when fighting a horde army (orks, nids) he seems more reliable.

as for the daemon prince i just think hes a beffy sorcerer. if im fighting mech guard of a tank heavy army i might take him but i think he is a bigger fire magnet than a land raider. and i know but he gets lash and deep strike and he bring cheese and crackers to every game. he is also around 180 with the basic add ons tzeentch, wings, powers,

please no insults i know over 99% of you love lash prince but im just asking:victory:

#2 · (Edited)
DPs are just plain better than Chaos Lords.

DPs:
-EW? Check. Suck it powerfists!
-Vehicle Killer? Check. Suck it Vehicles!
-Stats? Check. Suck it basic infantry!
-Versatility? Check. MoN/Warptime, Lash, MoT/Powers, and WINGS!

Chaos Lords:
-EW? Nope. Have fun being murdered by that Sarge with a PF.
-Vehicle Killer? Nope. No reliable way to take them down.
-Stats? Meh. Low T and S make him underwhelming.
-Versatility? Nope. Deamon weapons are risky and expensive, and everything else is blah. No good ranged weapons or MC/Mech hunter options that the DP can't beat hands down.

The DP has multiple builds other than the Lash. MoN/Warptime is a melee beast, as is MoT/Warptime/WoC. MoS/Warptime can be good because of the high I and killing power. All builds have Wings of course.

As for him being a fire magnet, that is actually a good thing. If you take a Chaos Lord he will have to be in a Rhino/LR, which means that the enemy can focus fire on that vehicle and shut down both the squad inside and your HQ. The DP forces them to choose between trying to take down the transport or the HQ, he won't be able to get both at once.

#4 ·
i'm gogin to back the Lord...sort of. It depneds on how you intend to use them. If you want a Khorne army then i would say go with a lord other wise a Prince. I have just finised converting my Lord on Juggernaut with Lighting claws and melta bomb. 7 attacks on the charge, 3's the hit, 3's to wound with re-rolls. thats going to hurt.

#6 ·
Not really. If we're talking about winning, the Prince will always be better. Heck, they'll cost the same, more or less. If you don't want a prince, then Khârn is the second best option. Or, points allowing, Abaddon in a land raider with berzerkers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.