Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The next item im going to purchase is a daemon prince, I would like to know of some good strategies to use against swarm armies involving his abilities.
All answers are appericated

Thanks
Jake

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Honestly, it really depends on the swarm. Fighting tons of 'Nid with a few MC thrown in? I like Mark of Tzeentch, Wind of Chaos and Warptime for that. Facing lots of S3 models? Mark of Nurgle is your best friend.

What will you be playing against?

·
Bleh
3,785 Posts
In my opinion, wings are always worth it. If I ever get a DP, I shall give him wings, and I would definitely say that against horde you need good psychic powers, since DP's lack the ranged weaponry..

·
Registered
388 Posts
Like marneus said, never a bad reason to take wings for CSM princes. For Daemon armies the wings are overpriced, but not for CSM.

I like winged princes with mark of nurgle, although I'd only take nurgle's rot against the nids. Against orks, Wind or Warptime might be a better option... or as Vivo said, you could go Tzeentch and take both, that works well too. It might even be better if they like thier Power Klaws.

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
Nurgle doesn't help one bit when facing S3. They still just wound on 6's.

I think Mark of Tzeentch is better than Mark of Nurgle for survival, if your wanting it to kill Hordes. Horde models general won't pck the S to bring him down with weight of fire easily, instead they will use heavy weapons to do it. Heavy Weapons don't care about T5 or 6 (still going to wound on two's) and generally will ignore your save.

The better Inv, plus the ability to use Warptime AND WInds of Chaos make the Tzeentch Prince expensive, but extremely deadly.

·
Registered
33 Posts
But nurgles rot can really kill a surprising amount of weak enemies when you stan in the middle of a horde.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yah ill be fighting orks mostly, and for heavy weapons, he has bikes, some flamers and the ork ghetto rockets lmao but thats about it,

·
Bleh
3,785 Posts
I would very much suggest MOT then, its just that it gives the 4+ inv, thats what would tip it for me. I also think that having the additional psychic power really gives you a bonus. Orks and Nids are pretty stuck when you unleash a Psychic power (I don't think they have any way of nullifying it - could be wrong, could someone tell me if I'm right/wrong?).

Hope all goes well :)

·
Registered
388 Posts
Nids have a few guys that make you roll an extra d6 when you try to use psychic powers within a certain radius of them, but I think that's just their hive tyrants and zoes, not quite sure.

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
Nids have a few guys that make you roll an extra d6 when you try to use psychic powers within a certain radius of them, but I think that's just their hive tyrants and zoes, not quite sure.
And Warriors, Alpha Warriors, Tyrgon Primes, Shrikes, Tervigons, The Parasite of Mortrex, The Doom of Malantai and The Swarmlord :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Icould be wrong, could someone tell me if I'm right/wrong?).
Orks do not have any ways of nullifying Psychic powers. I don't know how strict your friend is about this kind of stuff but taking a lash Prince against orks is pretty ridiculous. Lash his biggest squad towards and a vindicator and let loose. That thing is going to destroy them. And then when he charges it to try to destroy it with his nobz' Power Claw lash him away. In fact a vindicator is an extremely good idea for orks/nids.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I would very much suggest MOT then, its just that it gives the 4+ inv, thats what would tip it for me. I also think that having the additional psychic power really gives you a bonus. Orks and Nids are pretty stuck when you unleash a Psychic power (I don't think they have any way of nullifying it - could be wrong, could someone tell me if I'm right/wrong?).

Hope all goes well :)
Nids make you take phycic tests on a 3D6

·
Registered
287 Posts
Nids make you take phycic tests on a 3D6
But I believe you need to be within the models synapse range to be effected by Shadow of the Warp. So good positioning can get you around that issue, at least for a while. You want nasty, take the Eldar Runes of Warding, which make you take the test on 3D6 anywhere on the table. Any result over 12 is a Peril. I have had my Farseer's Runes kill Lash Princes on Perils with no other help from my army. It is sweet. :)

Personally, I go Wing Prince with mark of Tzeentch with Warptime and Wind. You can buff the Prince for CC, and have a nice Template attack to soften up pretty much anything prior to the assault. Add to that the 4+ inv/3+ armor and T5, and he is a fairly durable monster. He is pricey, but not really exorbitant.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts