Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings Warpspawn, I am seeking advice on how to convert a Bolter (SM or CSM) into the Daemon Eye Bolter from THQ's Space Marine. I would assume that Greenstuff is involved and i am absolutely terrible with GS. So a Tutorial on that is acceptable but if someone knows a way to do it without Modelling Putty then i am all ears.

For those who arent sure of it's appearance here is it's "page" on the SM wiki
I honestly cannot find a better image for some strange reason but if you have played the game then you should know what it looks like

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Greetings Warpspawn, I am seeking advice on how to convert a Bolter (SM or CSM) into the Daemon Eye Bolter from THQ's Space Marine. I would assume that Greenstuff is involved and i am absolutely terrible with GS. So a Tutorial on that is acceptable but if someone knows a way to do it without Modelling Putty then i am all ears.

For those who arent sure of it's appearance here is it's "page" on the SM wiki
I honestly cannot find a better image for some strange reason but if you have played the game then you should know what it looks like
Shouldn't be too hard mate. Looks like its just a stalker pattern bolter with a mouth instead of a barrel. ill see if i have the parts in my bitz bin tonight and see if i can come up with anything. Cant guarantee not using GS tho. mostly for gap filling probably.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shouldn't be too hard mate. Looks like its just a stalker pattern bolter with a mouth instead of a barrel. ill see if i have the parts in my bitz bin tonight and see if i can come up with anything. Cant guarantee not using GS tho. mostly for gap filling probably.
Well the reason i was assuming GS was needed is because up close the weapon is covered in...well Chaosy ick similar in appearance to the technovirus which typically means GS

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Most likely, i think most people use little Plasticard tubes for normal Stalker conversions so this would be similar in size
Luckily i think i have both in my arsenal at home. And if there is GS work then it should be too bad considering I too am horrible at sculpting with GS.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Ok so this'd is what I came up with. Unfortunately it does involve the use of GS. But before you say anything take a look.
These were my options from what I had. Since im nit a chaos player I had only standard bolters to pic from. Including a SW bolter in there.

I went with the older style bolter and cut off the front portion. I also elongated the barrel using styrene tubing which worked really well. The idea being to take the scope off a regular weapon sprue ( the one I used is from the tactical squad box) and mounting it on there.

Knowinthat if it had to invilve GS work I kept this very basic. Simpky a small ( about half a pinky nnail) bit of GS on top. Make a few dents so it appears to be a mouth with teeth and added the excess as eyeball and as the extra tubing in the back.

The GS work was not really hard and the whole process was about 20 minutes of work. Much of this took time because I was searching for the parts. Eyes are really simple simply make an indentation with a small round object and place a smaller ball of GS in it and thays it basically. Now just need to let it cure and it will be ready for action

1 - 11 of 11 Posts