Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.. i need advice... my mate who plays a really balanced n cheesy as hell Blood angels army is battling me 2moro...

I take a balanced Dark angels army n i was in need of advice in essence of tactics...

addenum.. hes always beating me at shit n im sick of it hey :headbutt:

thx :D

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
the best tactics i could give you would be to start space wolves :p

But honestly, you're really outclassed. BA's got you beat in shooting and close combat. It's really gonna come down to the actual game. You're gonna have to wait for him to make a tactical mistake and then pounce on it. Unfortunately since I have no idea what the game is actually gonna be like I can't give you any specifics.

Maybe what you could do instead is trade armies for a game. That way if he's really the better player he will still be able to beat you with your DAs. If you slaughter him then you'll know BAs are just that much better than DAs and there's really nothing you can do about it at this point.

·
Registered
457 Posts
My advice would be to go on the offensive. I play both armies myself and while the Blood Angels have all the cheesy rules I tend to have more success with my DA simply because they're in possession of less cheesy rules and it forces me to think tactically.

Try and draw him into a pincer movement offer him something juicy that he really can't resist attacking in your centre and heavily re-enforce your flanks. Then when he hits your centre flank him and chop him to bits!
Also don't underestimate the usefulness of Deathwing Assault. Being able to deepstrike Terminators on the first turn can really put the heeby jeebies into your opponent i've had great success with it especially against assault oriented players since many of them have difficulty adjusting to being put on the back foot.

Another piece of advice I would give is to get yourself a huge honking squad of Ravenwing. I've massacred a few opponents just by roving around the battlefield and Generally being a nuisence with them. Also don't forget the power of intimidation. A Ravenwing squad is a big scary unit it can draw a lot of punishment away from other units of your army simply because your opponent really doesn't want it zooming around.

Thirdly even if he beats you don't worry. There will be a new Dark Angels codex eventually and we'll get some cheesy rules of our own that will make people howl.

Never forgive never forget.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts