Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my buddies finally talked me into going to a huge tournament event as opposed to the small ones I normally attend. Not going to lie, I'm a bit nervous about this as I usually play the missions from the books and don't know what scenarios to expect yet. Hell I don't even know what the big tournament meta is like now-a-days. I started building AR15s and got away from 40k for a while. But here is my first list idea. There will be some spam and cheese, so I hope you're hungry.

95 Company Master (Auspex)

200 5x Command Squad (5x Gravgun, Relic Standard, DP)
95 5x Tac (MBs, Combi-Melta, Meltagun, DP)
90 5x Assault (Combi-Flamer, 2x Flamer, DP)
210 5x Dev (4x Grav-cannon, DP)

95 Chaplain (Auspex)

200 5x Command Squad (5x Gravgun, Relic Standard, DP)
90 5x Assault (Combi-Flamer, 2x Flamer, DP)
210 5x Dev (4x Grav-cannon, DP)

65 5x Scout Squad (Bolters, Camo)
=1825

I still have 25 points and not sure where to use them.

I wanted to keep the HQs cheap, but the auspex on the ICs are really nice.

The full BS overwatch is okay, but the best thing DA have is that Relic standard giving those salvo 2/3 gravguns relentless. The free drop pods and objective secured are also very nice.

I originally planned to run meltas on the Vets and gravcannons on the tacticals until I found the relic standard and realized that a single gravcannon is going to have a hard time if anyone decides to spam rhino/razorbacks. I'm hoping the pods can bottle up those gladius style armies and the melta on the tacts can pop the transports. I of course ran the combi-melta because a single meltagun always seems to miss.

Love the idea of the devastators running grav as well.

Assault marines can turn things extra crispy if they are cover humpers.

Scouts go to ground on an objective for early maelstrom points.

Any thoughts? Anything I could do better? I honestly don't know what to prepare for. And as always, I don't care about flyers or flyer spam.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Admittedly this is a bastard of a list.

If you dropped the Camo Cloaks:

You could get your Chapter Master a Lightning Claw and put a missile Launcher on the scouts.
Gives him a bit more bite, and gives you a ML for some longer range pressure from an outflank.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts